9 Year Old Shot

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lixluke, Jul 4, 2006.

1. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Unlike you I actually LIVED in different countries, including the US.

So no, there is not more freedom in the US than in for instance most European countries. There is actually less.

Of course there is the freedom to fuck your fellow citizen over, or to carry around your gun to shoot some people in the US. But that kind of freedom isn't given a high priority on my list. It's the freedom of fools.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Oh really? What countries have you visited?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. valich Registered Senior Member

Wow! You must live in a very tough neighborhood. And, although I am not racist, judging from your postings I bet you are huispanic too?

You are totally right! "Pacifist non-violent actiism is the only way to make change." This could not have been worded better except maybe perhaps by Gandi.

You've got a huge problem in your neighborhoof that I suggest you take part in trying to cure. Organize social groups with the parents. You state that "The only thing that is taught to kids is the importance of keeping guns in the house to protect yourself and your family." You have to know that this is ONLY a problem where YOU live. This type of mentality is unheard of in the majority of U.S. cities. Where do you live? New York or Southern L.A.?

Fraggle: You post excellent replies but they are always much too long and indepth to decipher. Try to post a single paragraph getting right to the point and you would be much better heard. Your friend

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. valich Registered Senior Member

Wow! You must live in a very tough neighborhood. And, although I am not racist, judging from your postings I bet you are huispanic too?

You are totally right! "Pacifist non-violent actiism is the only way to make change." This could not have been worded better except maybe perhaps by Gandi.

You've got a huge problem in your neighborhood that I suggest you take part in trying to cure. Organize social groups with the parents. You state that "The only thing that is taught to kids is the importance of keeping guns in the house to protect yourself and your family." You have to know that this is ONLY a problem where YOU live. This type of mentality is unheard of in the majority of U.S. cities. Where do you live? New York or Southern L.A.?

Fraggle: You post excellent replies but they are always much too long and indepth to decipher. Try to post a single paragraph getting right to the point and you would be much better heard. Your friend

8. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback. I do sometimes forget concision, one of the most important principles of writing.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

May I beg to differ?

I like the in-depth replies, you explore a lot of ideas, putting them into perspective as you do so. Its like watching a thought process in action.

10. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

WTF are you taking about.
    The link you posted shows the US military to be exactly as I stated compared to even China. Double the size even moreso.

Irrelevant.

The only vegetable in your whole supermarket is lemon and tea.

????
    It is not me, but science that decides what is proper for human biology.
    What exactly are you talking about?

What exactly are you talking about?
    I am free to express the truth, and advocate the truth.
    Who am I to tell people what is good and bad?

Everybody has their own set of things they know about. When it comes to fixing a car, I know nothing about it. When it comes to human biology, and nutrition, I can talk about it because I know about it. If it were something I did not know about and understand, I would not be talking about it.

Furthermore, I do not need to be explaining this because everybody on this forum talks about whatever they want, and is free to give their opinion. There is nothing arrogant about it. I have a great deal of knowledge about a subject that many people know little about. Others have a great deal of knowledge that I know little about.

I would hardly say that it is arrogant in anyway to inform people of mistakes. If somebody is putting water into their gas tank instead of gasoline, I would let them know that gasoline goes in it. Not water. Obviously Fraggle believes this is arrogant.

If society were truly free:
    1. We would have abundant access to real human veg-food.
    2. We would not be bombarded by all the meat/dairy/processed foods that surround us every day short of stuffing it down our throat.
    3. We would be using immensely far less land/energy to cultivate human veg-foods instead of bio-damaging meat/dairy/processed foods.
    4. Society would have to take care of less sick people with medical problems caused by bio-damaging foods.

There are many ways of addressing the issue of licensed physicians who still have very limited understanding beyond available medicines on how to cure the human body. While some physicians are better than others, modern medicine is still limited by the state of our primitive capitalist society.

Either way, this is of little relevance to the facts at hand.

Can you be even more utterly irrelevant? This is totally moronic, and a complete brain dead assertion. All the accidents and things that people die from have no effect on whether or not a particular substance is harmful to the human biology.

Perhaps if I eat rat poison, and a piano falls on top of me before the rat poison kills me, it means that rat poison is harmless.

You do not even know what you are talking about. You are arguing 2 different points as if they were the same point.

1. Is X harmful to the human biology?
    2. Is it ethical to prevent humans from consuming harmful substances?

You seem to run around the argument as if it were one thing. The answer to to #1 regarding MJ is yes. MJ is harmful to the human biology. Humans do not smoke anything. Human lungs are made to breathe clean air. Not accept smoke. #2 is another argument. You cannot move on to #2 unless you acknowledge #1. You are too dumb to realize that they are not the same argument. As long as #1 is safe for the human body, there is no # 2 to argue about.

As I explained earlier, there are some subjects that others know more than me about. If somebody wants to claim that human lungs are built to accept smoke, I will not sit back, and entertain such idiodicy.

Completely different issue.
    This is a question regarding how society regards ethics. Who decides on what is right and wrong? A whole different topic you yet again intend to infuse into a completely different topic.

No. Let’s let Fraggle Rocker decide since he seems to be some kind of expert.

Loaded and completely pointless.
    Yes OK. I do not want people to have a good time. That is why I am advocating life and health.

Wrong. The human digestive system is not made for digesting meat. Our enzymes are made for digesting fruits and vegetables.

What is the point of all this talk about priotein?

Get real. People who object to eating meat on principal are not deceived into protein fallacies that the meat and dairy industries propagate like life/death situation. Nobody cares about the protein myth. I suggest you discontinue going into it because it is nonsense anyway. Nobody cares about the vitamin-b myth either. Or any of those other myths. Protein is of no concern. Eating biologically sound foods is.

Nobody is sneaking anything. This is completely loaded stupidity with no basis in scientific fact. Certain people that claim to be eating fully raw are sneaking cheese. Not everybody does this. Many people have a hard time eating a proper human bio-veg food diet because of the current social situation. On top of that are the protein myths and vitamin–b myths that state that humans really need that much protein and vitamin-b that they cannot get it from the fruits and vegetables they eat.

Great.
    Is there any point in having a discussion this idiotic?
    This is an ethical discussion.
    It is based on ethics.
    Nobody is debating what is constitutional and unconstitutional.
    Regarding dope and foods, it is discussion regarding biology.
    Regarding deciding on what people consume, it is an ethical discussion.
    Nobody’s position is based on the US Constitution, but yours.

Which opinion?
    That human biology does not inhale smoke?
    You are obviously completely warped in your thinking because you are claiming my opinion is legal or illegal. No law on this planet can decide what makes up human biology. My opinion regarding human biology cannot be said in terms of legal or illegal. It is either a truth about human biology or a fallacy about human biology. The law is completely irrelevant regarding the nature of human biology. You basing your argument on the law is probably why your argument is flawed. You cannot argue the nature of human biology in terms of what is legal and illegal.

Says who?
    What we need to be free from is idiots that think we need to be free from people who advocate knowledge about certain subjects.

The masses are uninformed zombies that accept everything at face value.
    It may be arrogant for me to believe that I know more than others, but my degree knowledge is related to my degree of desire for knowledge. The degree of insight to look deeper than what is presented to me at face value. You can take all the nutrition classes you want, and may still never learn.

1. Humans do not eat meat/dairy.
    2. Humans eat fruits, vegetables, legumes, grains, and such water based foods that grow from the ground.
    3. There is nothing hip or trendy about this. It is pure science.
    4. Consuming abrasive and toxic substances that damage the human body is not an aspect of human biological evolution.

What country has more freedom than the United States?
    How so?

You are a racist.
    And no I am not huispanic.
    Only a racist moron like yourself would read somebody's post, and come to a racist conclusion about a person based on text.

11. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Since you're the one that raised the comparison between what animals and what humans do...
    Which once again displays your massive ignorance -on what is available here and on what is a vegatable. Neither lemon nor tea are vegetables, but we have, as I said, a large selection, of REAL vegetables available.

12. spacemansteve Not enough brain space Registered Senior Member

WTF?

lol, the link i posted said that US forces are more high tech than china's sizable forces. The other link i posted shows exact numbers... But seeing as you didn't bother or just refused the facts I'll post them here... *mumbling* don't know why i bother getting out of bed sometimes...

China
    Yearly Military Expense: $60 Billion
    % GNP: 3.5 - 5%
    Min. Enlish Age: 18
    Avail Manpower: 379 524 688
    Active Military: 1 750 000
    Frontline Personnel: 1 400 00
    Aircraft: 9 218
    Armour: 13 200
    Artillery: 29 060
    Missile Defense: 18 500
    Infantry Support: 34 000

USA
    Yearly Military Expense: $399 Billion
    % GNP: 3.9%
    Min. Enlish Age: 18
    Avail Manpower: 75 597 731
    Active Military: 471 500
    Frontline Personnel: 220 000
    Aircraft: 18 169
    Armour: 29 920
    Artillery: 5 178
    Missile Defense: 35 324
    Infantry Support: 2 441

Last time i checked 1 750 000 active personell is 3 x 471 500.... China's military is 3 times the US!!!!! Now tell me now that you were arguing China has a larger military... please... just to make sure that i'm not dealing with an idiot and i got it all wrong (which by coincidence would make me an idiot in this circumstance

).

*Cough* H2O thread *cough*

What do you have against meat? I've got incisor's in my mouth for a reason, gimme a nice Juicy steak any day... mmmmmm... steak... Or lamb chops?!?! oh god... i must have one now. Sure one day in the past we were all monkeys eating leaves but its called evolution baby. We have for the past god know's how long been eating meat, and our stomachs have evolved to it. So as far as i'm concerned eating meat is Natural for today's body.

It is theorised, and it is a theory not a fact, but i'm placing it out here: The human appendix is a throwback to our days as herbivoures, our body has never really given it away (or maybe its evolving to a state where it will throw away???). But now seeing as we're all Omnivoures we now eat a combination of meat and veg which our stomachs and digestive systems can handle perfectly

But ofcourse i'm wrong, i've been brainwashed like a zombie to believe it because all those evil farmers out there want my money so they can continue to pollute the world with their greenhouse emitting super bovines that will one day be used as weapons of mass destruction to bring about the new world order.

P.S. I'm a smoker and i love it, and if it kills me in the future then so be it, i know i lived life to the fullest, i've achieved alot so far, and i'm going to achieve more in the near future. No regrets here.

13. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Fraggle,

Don't listen to Valich. Keep doing what you're doing. Your posts are always on topic and well written.

You are truly one of the most prized assets of this forum.

Valich is... well... an idiot.

14. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

You are a total idiot.
    Only a blithering moron would consider one aspect, instead of the entire set of stats as a whole.
    These are your stats which confirm that the US by far has a larger military than China, and yet you still moronicly claim China has a larger military.

That is like showing how the earth is larger than the sun by presenting a picture of the sun relative to the earth. You are the epitome of absolute stupidity.

15. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

So don't smoke it. There are lots of other ways to get THC into your system. Apparently eating it or drinking it is a slow ramp-up and doesn't give the rush some people like, but the new non-combusting vaporizers they sell in Holland look like they solve that problem.

Still, the recent study in Jamaica casts doubt on the assertion that smoking marijuana is even harmful.

You seem to advocate that we don't do anything to our bodies that our ancestors didn't do. I suppose that means you think we should give up sedentary jobs and motorized transportation because there's nothing worse for us than those artifacts of civilization. Our physiology certainly is not built for this kind of life and I won't give you any argument about it. But personally I would much rather put up with having to watch my calorie intake to keep my weight normal, do aerobics to keep my skeletomuscular system in good shape, and do yoga to relieve stress, than revert to a pre-industrial lifestyle and all of the grief that came with it.

Actually you don't even seem to talking about our pre-Industrial ancestors or even our Paleolithic ancestors a million years ago, who were all carnivores. You seem to be refering to one of the earlier species we evolved from who were herbivores like the other apes. You're really mixed up about the enzyme thing. They had enzymes to digest a bit of cellulose and other potential sources of plant nutrition. Homo sapiens don't. What we do have are enzymes for digesting meat efficiently so we can eat the flesh of large animals instead of just the worms and grubs that most non-predatory species can digest easily. They've even over the past year or two identified the genes responsible for the presence of these enzymes, and chimps and gorillas simply don't have them.

Our bodies do not have the ability to manufacture protein. In order to do that you have to have nitrogen-fixing bacteria in your roots like a plant, or in your gut like a ruminant (cows, horses, sheep, elephants, etc.). Everybody else has to ingest amino acids that have already been created by some other hapless organism that it uses as food, and then put them together like Tinkertoys into the various proteins.

The seeds of plants contain a lot of protein to support the reproductive process, and the seeds of certain plants are veritable storehouses of concentrated protein. Nuts, the germ in grains, the beans of legumes, and the odd delight like pumpkin or sunflower seeds. Unfortunately most of them are embedded in indigestible cellulose so we can't extract that protein without cooking them and making it easier for our enzymes to complete the breakdown. Nuts are the major exception. And nuts don't contain the complete menu of amino acids we need for our Tinkertoy set. As a result, we can put together a diet that contains all the nutrients we need without having to include animal tissue, but it's complicated and could not be done before we learned how to make fire for cooking.
    Perhaps it appears that I have gotten off the track of the discussion. But I have not:

The question that prompted it was, "Why did that kid die?" The answer is, "Probably because a couple of local small-time gangsters were fighting over a drug deal."

The next question is, "Do we have to make drugs illegal to prevent this from happening?" The answer to that is, "No, in fact the reason it happens is precisely because drugs are illegal. Americans traditionally don't have much respect for laws so when they want to buy drugs they ask the local small-time gangster to go find some."

So the final question will be, "Why are drugs illegal then? It sounds like a stupid system." "Yes it is dear, but there are people who think like Mister Mackie on South Park and say stuff like, 'Drugs are bad, m-kay?' and 'Since I've never taken drugs, I know they have nothing to offer,' and they think they have the right to make that decision for everybody."

So the issue of drug prohibition by legal mandate does indeed bear upon this discussion.
    I wouldn't go that far but I seem to know a lot more about the subject than you do. You seem to have gotten all your information about drugs from the health food store and D.A.R.E. propaganda.
    Life involves risk. A life with no risk is the life I saw in Czechoslovakia thirty years ago. Safe but pointless. We don't argue against people taking risks to make money--some occupations are very dangerous. Why do we think it's immoral to take risks in order to have fun? I was facetious about the Amish thing, but I do believe that we have no right to judge for anyone else whether the pleasure of skydiving, riding a motorcycle, or getting high, is worth the risk.
    Like I said, your expertise is a little weak on some subjects. Have you ever heard of the disease called protein deficiency? http://www.encyclopedia.com/html/k1/kwashior.asp
    Humans absolutely cannot survive without amino acids in their diet. For me to tell the kids who read this forum that it might be okay to take drugs when they're older may be regarded by some parents as unhelpful, but for you to tell them it's okay not to eat protein is malevolent.
    Yes, the MDAR for protein has fallen over the decades, particularly as Americans settle into the aforementioned sedentary lifestyle and don't put as much stress on their muscles which then need large doses of protein to rebuild. I've seen figures as low as 15g per day, down from 45g fifty years ago. But you still need those amino acids and even though you can get them from non-animal food sources, you don't get them from the foods that are properly called "fruits and vegetables." You'd probably have to eat your body weight in bananas to get 15g of protein, and you get none at all from apples and oranges unless you eat the seeds and none at all from apricots because you can't eat the pits. You get amino acids from the seeds of plants, which, again, is why nuts, beans, and grains are the staples of many human cultures--and everything but the nuts need to be cooked. Probably including those apple seeds.

Again, forgive me if I ramble. But this is all about Constitutionality because if the Constitution were still regarded as "the law of the land" in Washington there would be no laws against drugs, therefore no black market, therefore no small-time gangsters, and that nine-year-old would in all probability still be alive.
    Yeah Valich, that was a pretty lame remark. I'm not sure I'd go so far as to call it racist, because you're not exactly saying that Latinos are inferior because they're Latinos, and that's the essence of racism. But it was still kind of lame.

16. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

WTF?
    Need I even read the rest of your response?
    Where did I even mention anything regarding anybody's ancestors?
    What makes your pea sized brain think that I, discussing the state of human biology, would give a crap about something as irrelevant as what our ancestors do or not do?
    You keep bringing up irrelevant nonsense, and avioding the point.
    HUMAN BIOLOGY

Not behavior. Not ancestors. Not the constitution. Human biology since the first being that walked the face of the earth to be categorized as human.

You are making an entire worthless argument against a point that I never made. Only an inept parapalegic would outright refuse to take my specific words specifically for what I said, and instead, draw totally warped interpretations from them.

Circular.
    You have no clue what you are talking about, and know not the concept of actual science. Your superstition is based on your own ignorant stupity. So before going out, and insulting what cool skill knows, I suggest you get yourself a new brain.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  17. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Bla bla bla.
    Improvable, and irrelevant.
    Nobody is talking about risk.
    Nobody is saying that it is necessary to take risks.
    Risks are nothing more than an aspect of probability.

I never said it was ok not to eat protien you imbecile.
    Nor did I say it is ok to do drugs.
    I'll state it again, since it obviously has not gotten through your thick ignorant skull. Stop arguing against things I never said.

Stating that illegal drugs is part of the problem means that legalizing drugs would solve the problem. Obviously, you choose to copletely ignore the problem that I have already stated which is the result of legal tobacco, alcohol, meat/dairy, processed foods. You are a completely ignorant scumbag that cannot see beyond your own mental deficiency.

Legalizing drugs will:
    1. Cause even greater suffering to the environment.
    2. Cause even more violence.
    3. Cause even more accidents.
    4. Cause even more health problems.
    5. Cause even more poverty.
    6. Cause even less education.
    7. Cause even more diffuclty aquiring real human veg food products.

We already live in a deserted hellhole where people cannot obtain proper veg food for various reasons. Part of the problem includes morons claiming that meat/dairy/processed products are bilogically sound for humans.

18. spacemansteve Not enough brain space Registered Senior Member

Whoah whoah whoah!

lol, It is you that stated that USA has a LARGER Military, you didn't say anything about technology... I never denied that the US military is more technologically advanced than the chinese, but by sheer numbers china is LARGER

Wait a second i'll just fish the quote out for you... Wait.... almost there... here it is!

and again

Now if you wanted to say that the US has a larger technological base in its military then i would have said absolutely, but YOU didn't, you said LARGEST

and wait just to be sure i'm going to post the definition of LARGEST here

Large -
    ADJECTIVE:
    larg·er , larg·est
    1. Of greater than average size, extent, quantity, or amount; big.

I can't find anything about quality there... hmmm... curious... Guess i'm right after all... who would of thunk it

If i'm the epitome of absolute stupidity then you my friend are the pinacle of moronic depate.

Fraggle: Don't bother mate, everything you say he will not debate with you, He'll continue to ignore what you say and either say Irrelevant (i think its his favourite word), Claim its a myth or just throw insults, absolutely no sense what so ever. Reminds of the kind of person who goes "LALALALA Can't hear you!!!!" Typical of the majority of people who believe his wacky theories.

Incidentally i guess i was right about the whole Super Bovines because he hasn't called me an idiot over that yet

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

economic freedom:

Hong Kong 1 [1.28]
    Singapore 2 [1.56]
    Ireland 3 [1.58]
    Luxembourg 4 [1.60]
    United Kingdom 5 [1.74]
    Iceland 5 [1.74]
    Estonia 7 [1.75]
    Denmark 8 [1.78]
    United States 9 [1.84]

USA... NOT number 1 (9)

Press freedom index 2002:

1 Finland 0,50
    -- Iceland 0,50
    -- Norway 0,50
    -- Netherlands 0,50
    5 Canada 0,75
    6 Ireland 1,00
    7 Germany 1,50
    -- Portugal 1,50
    -- Sweden 1,50
    10 Denmark 3,00
    11 France 3,25
    12 Australia 3,50
    --- Belgium 3,50
    14 Slovenia 4,00
    15 Costa Rica 4,25
    --- Switzerland 4,25
    17 United States 4,75

USA.. NOT number 1...(17)

Political freedom:

It's a bit difficult to find a ranking.
    http://www.freedomhouse.org/template.cfm?page=211&year=2005
    There is this, but basically all western countries get the same ratings.

So basically any western country on both lists has more freedom on paper than the US. Iceland outshines the US. Especially if we consider reality. In reality economic freedom in the US means destruction of personal freedom for the masses.

Hence from now on God will kill a kitten every time you say that there is no country with more freedom than the US. There are many.

20. perplexity Banned Banned

Does it have anything to do with the weather?

Seriously, a long time back I used to work with kids on an adventure playground and the trouble days were very easy to predict, when the sun came out after a colder cloudy spell.

-- Ron.

21. spacemansteve Not enough brain space Registered Senior Member

Perplexity: Thats a very interesting postulation you have made. I mean i see it sometimes too when i think back to when i babysat family members. But then again i havn't had a huge sample size to work with unlike you so i don't have much to base it on. Plus family members go crazy sometimes anyways when another family member is around

... Good point though

On a sarcastic note however, i wonder if it was a full moon too? that always makes people go crazy. Ever heard of the wolf man?

22. spacemansteve Not enough brain space Registered Senior Member

spuriousmonkey: Wait for it, either your debate is irrelevant or your going to get a nasty insult thrown at you

23. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I already know what I said.
    It's you that is completely mistaken, and incompetent.
    The United States has the largest military on the planet.
    You can see that through any statistics.
    You even posted statistics that confirm my statement while claiming it proves your statement.
    Only an idiot like yourself would consider "large" in terms of one line item on the list.
    Now you are trying to justify it. There is no justification. looking at a single line item in terms of entire military is blatantly idiotic.
    Try getting a life, and discontinue scraping about how reasonable it is that you considered the entire military to be a sinlge line ite. Military does not equal infantry. It is composed of far more than that including vehicles and weaponry. You are nothing more than a half wit trying to make claims with no substance.