One of the Worst Days of my Life (illegal immigration bill)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sandy, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. countezero Registered Senior Member

They didn't take its beaches, which generate tourism, or its oil, which nobody cared about back then.

And even if they did, so what? I fail to see how what Spain did to Mexico more than 100 years ago has anything to do with people illegallly crossing a border and taking advantage of a government.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sandy Banned Banned

This isn't about history. This is about now. This criminal invasion is a disaster. The people who grasp at straws trying to defend the parasites are losing ground. There is NO good reason for criminal aliens being here. None.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

In the meantime, Hispanics are being hired for border patrol more than anyone else because they speak Spanish. Since when has speaking Spanish helped us enforce our laws.

http://www.vdare.com/fulford/051116_fulford_file.htm
    http://www.vdare.com/awall/060620_memo.htm
    http://www.vdare.com/letters/tl_012207.htm
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/nation/4916743.html

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Since when has speaking another language not been an advantage in law enforcement ?
    Border patrol obviously can't afford to have interpreters ready in every squad car, so therefore it helps if you can speak spanish. . .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

about the whole speaking spanish and how its helpfull to enforce our laws they are being hired by the border patrol which is focusing on mexico which speaks spanish.

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

They are still outsmarting you though....

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Isn't always with you, people....?

10. countezero Registered Senior Member

The same could be said of quasi-Marxists or Marxists who persist on seeing everything in their rose-colored glasses of historical determinism. Put simply, it gets old, and this infinite regression of calling on past ills to justify contemporary illegality or immorality is illogical. I mean, when does it stop? 5o years ago, 1oo years ago? 2oo?

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

True. Amnesty for the illegals makes sense. Why not forget the past?

12. sandy Banned Banned

Senate Kills Shamnesty Bill

Whew. It's finally over. (For now.) I have been working my @ss off trying to get the shamnesty bill defeated. I never worked harder to defeat anything in my whole life. Ok, maybe for W's victory in '00 and '04. I am exhausted. All the calls, emails, contacting, follow up, threatening (in a nice way: "this bill passes and you don't get reelected!") I just thank God they listened. The American people spoke. The Senate listened. We want the criminal aliens out. Now.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What do you do?

14. sandy Banned Banned

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

For what or whom?

16. countezero Registered Senior Member

I haven't seen anything that even approaches an argument for amnesty in this thread, especially from you. All I've seen are cheap criticisms of the US, empty historical lessons and rank appeals to sentiment.

17. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Very slowly, then, for the argument-impaired: I am in favor of enforcing all immigration laws, enforcing the bordercrossing restrictions, enforcing the sovereignity of my country, etc. I am opposed to amnesty, and I am opposed to guest worker programs, and I am in favor of restricting immigration and enforcing the law regardless of what it does to "the economy" of the US or Mexico.

But trying to deal with millions of illegals by focusing almost solely on them, and ignoring the systemic problems that both drive them and draw them, is a worthless approach. It has no more chance of success than battling drug use by arresting users, without considering either that drugs are addictive or that organized crime makes money by selling them.

We don't need a fence, except at particular spots. (a serious fence would do great harm to wildlife, btw). We need enforcement of the law against the syndicate of "dealers" who most benefit, the corporations (and yes, even the small businesses) who take advantage of the low wages and ready supply, the corporations who gain by creating that Marxist-stereotype "reserve army of the unemployed" in Mexico in the first place.

If the lawn doesn't get mowed, too bad. If the hotel has to pay too much for maid service, I feel the executive's pain. But I can live without this kind of labor force victimization. I don't want to live with it. It corrodes freedom, it undermines politics, it corrupts economic institutions. Shut it down.

18. countezero Registered Senior Member

Wow.

I agree with your post almost word-for-word.

See what happens when you express yourself clearly and aren't trying to be argumentative or score rhetorical points?

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

What about your own argument for amnesty?

In other words, just because the "illegals" have "past ills", that shouldn't "justify contemporary illegality or immorality" that's "illogical"!

20. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Is this a rethorical question?

Oh wait? Maybe the previous sentence was a non-sequitur.

I dunno. I have sandy brain tonight.....:shrug:

21. Mexico still has a lot of its wealth. It is just being funneled into the hands of the super rich more efficiently than it is in America. The southern half and progresively the rest of America is being invaded by an army. They seek to change America and make it more immigrant friendly. They may not qualify for welfare but their children do. It reminds me of a story about how every september the usenet community would have to train all the new freshman the proper netiquette. it worked because the freshman were extremely outnumbered. One year that changed when AOL dumped a huge number of users all at once into the system it destroyed the usenet community. Any ordered system has a limit to how fast it can organize and absorb new input and resources. Immigrants make America stronger in so many ways but as big as America is we can only absorb so many at once. If we wave the magic wand and make all these criminals citizens without securing the borders we are only encouraging more people to become economic pirates. They are coming here to loot the system that my family and ancestors have and continue to fight to protect. All property is theft. You are restricting everyone else when you own something. Communism was proven to be an abject failure so the only other system is the rule of law or anarchy. I will not surrender the country to the most well meaning of anarchist. People who believe their needs entitle them to my rights. I oppose land mines all life should be protected where possible. I am in favor of walls and stiff penalties for corprate officers of companies hiring illegals. I think that would if enforced correct or at least greatly improve the situation.

22. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Too... many... words...

Not... enougth.... brain.... powder......

23. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

laughing weasel ,

You are the best of the anti-"illegal" folks... Right on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.