Split: SAM's intellectual dishonesty and poor moderation

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by (Q), Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

or in my case..feces that says I love you.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Pathetic. Well, I'll leave you to it.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Yes, deep inside we know this. But we can still keep hoping, wishing, dreaming........

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

I understand Glaucon's position, and I myself have once advocated something similar.

I suppose it is taken for granted that posters will come here to this forum with a good sense for team spirit, a strong sense of community. A trust in the community.

In team sports, at practice games or in smaller settings, if the official referee is not present, sometimes simply one of the reserve players is appointed to oversee the game, or even a player. It's not a problem - someone simply needs to judge the game, it's a practical task.

I suppose myself and Galucon come from a more competitive and individualistic position where such a sports scenario is unthinkable for a forum.

8. Gustav Banned Banned

could you mod? can you do it sans baggage?
    if not, illustrate frailties

9. Gustav Banned Banned

Canon 1: A Judge Shall Uphold the Integrity and Independence of the Judiciary.

An independent and honorable judiciary is indispensable to achieving justice in our society. A judge should participate in establishing, maintaining, and enforcing high standards of judicial conduct. The provisions of this Code are intended to preserve the integrity and the independence of the judiciary; the Code should be construed and applied to further these objectives.

Canon 2: A Judge Shall Avoid Impropriety and the Appearance of Impropriety in All of the Judge's Activities.

In all activities, a judge shall exhibit respect for the rule of law, comply with the law,* avoid impropriety and the appearance of impropriety, and act in a manner that promotes public confidence in the integrity and the impartiality of the judiciary.

Canon 3: A Judge Shall Perform the Duties of Judicial Office Impartially and Diligently.

A. Primacy Of Judicial Duties: The judicial duties* of a judge take precedence over all the judge's other activities. A judge's judicial duties include all the duties of the judge's office prescribed by law.* In performance of these duties, the following standards apply.

B. Adjudicative Responsibilities: A judge shall consider and decide all matters assigned to the judge except those in which the judge's disqualification is required.

Canon 4: A Judge Shall So Conduct the Judge's Extra-Judicial Activities as to Minimize the Risk of Conflict with Judicial Obligations.

Extra-Judicial Activities in General: A judge shall conduct all of the judge's extra-judicial activities so as to comply with the requirements of this Code and so that these activities do not:

(1) cast reasonable doubt on the judge's capacity to act impartially as a judge;
    (2) demean the judicial office; or
    (3) interfere with the proper performance of judicial duties.

Canon 5: A Judge or Judicial Candidate Shall Refrain from Inappropriate Political Activity.

10. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

What is this, Gustav?

Which speaks for Glaucon's suggestion.

11. Gustav Banned Banned

that is called ....... having a life

12. Gustav Banned Banned

...However, if one is to be a Moderator, it seems to me that this should be minimized. Given how difficult this would be, I would suggest that Moderators be limited strictly to moderating, and restricted from posting. (glaucon)

hmm
    what would be analogous to "posting" in a judge's life? expressing an opinion at the dinner table?

13. Bells Staff Member

Does Sam preach to us atheist heathens? Does she tell us that the only way to redemption is to find God, otherwise we will burn in hell? The answer to that is no. Sam does not moderate according to her religious beliefs, but by the rules of this site. I asked glaucon to site where her religious bias was evident in her moderation and so far, none has been forthcoming. He instead stated that she could because she is a theist. And you're talking to me about discrimination?

Sam does not moderate the religion forum John.

So in other words, you don't think Sam moderates poorly or moderates according to her theism, correct?

Well Sam is being treated like crap because of her religious beliefs right now. As you said yourself, it is moronic that such accusations have been made and remain, as yet, completely unsubstantiated. What we do have is a bunch of people who have their own personal grudges against her and have all come out of the woodwork to attempt to stomp on her, making wild accusations without any proof and then taking the "you are a liar" stance, again, all unsubstantiated. You're correct, it is god damned "moronic".

14. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Heh. Yeah. I don't know how SAM finds time to post after cleaning up the piles of shit that some people heap on her. Nobody who's commented in this thread, of course! God forbid that SAM have an OPINION on something outside of biology.

Next thing you know, she'll want to have VOTING rights to. Where will this shit end, I ask? Where?

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Interesting comparison

Just so I have this straight: you would compare the alleged humor of a Hitler bobblehead to a direct expression of sympathy for the Nazis?

Let me know. Because I'm happy to regard your posts according to that comparison.

I mean, if that's what you really want.

16. Bells Staff Member

Obsessing much?

You know what shorty? You really need to get out more.

17. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It's a depiction of Hitler nonetheless.. and no that's not what I really want.

The hypocrisy is apparent..

But never mind.

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

I WANT A HITLER BOBBLE HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Its almost as cute as the little terror demon in buffy
    DAMIT i cant find a piture of the little guy

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

The Hitler salute is good for jail time over here, it's illegal.

I find SAM's use of it somewhat morbid now that I think about it, as she has obvious anti-Jewish sentiments.

I take that back SAM, a thousand apologies.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  20. John99 Banned Banned

BELLS.

I dont see people picking on SAM because she is a Muslim and that is not even a part of why some here may have a problem with her. Recently she let loose with a scathing barrage of flame threads regarding Atheists and Atheism, which you claim to be. But now you are the only one who is claiming it is because she is Muslim. Where did that even come from?

I simply said that you helped to run off the board quite a few people of a particular religion which you have made no secret of you personal animosity towards. SAM has never done this, quite the contrary. I do think you need to do some soul searching and if you need help just ask because you are crying out for help. Now the people you attacked was based on their beliefs, which TBH they would not exactly care for me much either because of my lifestyle which is not in accordance with any religion but that doesnt mean they should not have a right to live in peace.

And now you 'the atheist' are besmirching other atheists who may have been offended by her comments. I think your confused but no matter what i say you attack me because your bias comes to the surface and thats just not right bells. like i said, the people that you went after just packed up and left and i really liked the diversity they provided and the different perspectives they provided. Thats all BELLS.

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Give me a break. :crazy:

I have no complaints about S.A.M.'s moderation. :thumbsup:

Sieg Heil.

22. Gustav Banned Banned

citations please

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I have no personal complaints about SAM's moderation.
    I have a problem with her childish response to my request to remove that avatar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.