PM to SAM

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by wynn, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phlogistician Banned Banned

That's an interesting claim. What does she 'know better'? She tells lies. She repeats falsehoods. You think that makes her 'better'? Please explain.

I don't give a rats ass what Abrahamic Schism she follows. All I care about is that she is a liar.

She does exactly that wrt atheists.

She's an exceptionally dishonest debater. Plenty of people debate openly and honestly, why can't she choose to play by the rules honest people observe?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Uhm, Phlog, that is a serious claim. Please provide one solid evidence where she lies. Also, provide relevant contexts. Otherwise, you would have to appologize to her..

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

If I reported anyone, I also have the habit of announcing my action in the thread, simply because I do not like to stab people on the back. I don't report people in silence, so if somebody got reported by me, they know it was me. I did not know that it is seen as off-topic, though. Next time, I'll tell the person whom I reported by PM! ~.~

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

Check out the thread where she was blaming atheism for Stalinist purges. She made plenty of false claims in that one.

And me apologise to SAM? SAM that once used an Avatar depicting Hitler, when I lost family fighting against that regime in WWII? I think not. I doubt SAM will EVER gain the moral highground and I'll feel obliged to apologise to her.

8. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

When did she use Hitler as avatar? I am sure she was joking or stating some kind of irony. She's not that kind of person (that support Hitler). A true muslim would never support a holocaust. I am sorry for your lost. However, in that case I think your problem with her is personal then.

Since you don't provide links, I will look up the thread tomorrow because it will take time to look up and skim the thread whereas now I have to submit my uni assignment first. ;_:

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I politely asked her to take it down and she refused.
    She said something similar to: "It's just an avatar. Deal with it."

10. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

How does the majority of this thread have anything to do with the OP?

11. Enmos Valued Senior Member

The OP is directed at SAM. And SAM isn't posting anymore, apparently.

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Notes Around

My apologies. In American vernacular, "to know better" means that one is aware of the problems presented by certain behavior, and thus should know not to follow that path.

So what makes her exceptional compared to all the other liars around here?

Just because I'm that out of it, is "wrt" an internet shorthand I don't know, or a typo?

See, the problem I have with your complaint is that all she's doing with atheists is the same thing she did with Zionists. She is taking what she perceives as a fallacious argument and throwing it back at the people making it. And, as usual, she's losing the fight because the people in charge of this place simply aren't sympathetic.

I've been watching this for a while. It's so easy to see that I'm really starting to think people are being deliberately obtuse. Which, of course, would be dishonest of them.

And, for the record, the denigration and avoidance I was referring to was more along the lines of an issue that I just moderated yesterday, in which a member posted some inflammatory characterizations in order to bait a certain member, and when yet another member called the one out on it, he ducked it by claiming the counterpoint wasn't relevant to the discussion.

And no, S.A.M. wasn't one of the players in that one.

Compared to the dishonest people she's imitating and, apparently, irritating?

Because plenty of people debate dishonestly, and many of those presently enjoy exceptional protection from the moderators.

And S.A.M. is known to discuss issues openly and honestly. Not her fault if you weren't paying attention to those occasions.

Life is performance art, Phlog. Apparently she was too subtle for you with that one.

Oh, poor you. Cry a little more.

Yeah. Your conception of a moral high ground is trustworthy.

• • •​

S.A.M.'s curse is like the porridge in that story about the bears. She's either too subtle or not subtle enough. She has yet to figure out how to pander to people just right so that they're satisfied.

It's gotten to the point that I'm reasonably convinced that there's something else to it. If she managed to fulfill some people's rules for compelling respect, they would simply change their rules.

• • •​

It is standing Sciforums tradition that (A) everything is S.A.M.'s fault, and (B) any mention of S.A.M. is cause for angry people to pile on in a desperate effort to feel better about themselves.

Section (B) is in effect at present.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  13. Enmos Valued Senior Member

'With regard to'

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

she's winning

she shouldn't be doing that

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Thank ye

Ah, thank you. I tend to avoid nethand, so a good deal of it puzzles me.

16. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

There are apparently many more or less tabooed rules in society, one of them being that one should not do unto others as they do unto others:
    "If person A does X, that is allright. If person B does X, preferrably back to A after A has done it, that is wrong."

At least one should not expect to get away with doing unto others as they do unto others.

I find it interesting how this logic of payback just doesn't automatically lead to good results for oneself - which it should, if it would be fair that one is free to do to others as they do to others.

Additionally, some religious scriptures and doctrines warn against engaging professed atheists and other anti-theistic people in discussion and debate on religious topics, saying that engaging them in this way will make their atheistic tendencies even stronger.

Frankly, I am afraid that the happenings at this forum are proof that those warnings are well-placed.

17. phlogistician Banned Banned

Well, that comment set the bar for you entire post Tiassa, and it was pretty low.

18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Doing my part

Just doing what I can to accommodate you, sir.

Always happy to help.

19. phlogistician Banned Banned

I don't understand why you blow so much smoke up SAM's ass, because it drags you down to her level.

Oh, and please don't tell me I'm missing something subtle. She's not art, she's vile.

20. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Phlogo is right. If Sam left for good, good riddance. I hate when people say goodbye then show up 2-3 days later because they realize they don't have a life.

She was basicly trolling about atheism, which is kind of funny coming from a Muslim. She didn't have any desire to understand or accept what atheism is. The worst part is that she did it as a Moderator.

Once her Mod priviledge was taken away she threw a hissyfit and left for a full 5 or so days!! Then realized she didn't have a life and came back.

I wouldn't be surprized if she came back under a new alias...

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

It's not exactly subtle

And yet she hasn't yet sunk to yours.

Well, that's the thing. It's not exactly subtle. Rather, it's just too subtle for you.

For all the years you've been here, one of the defining aspects of your posts is that you'll put up whatever argument you think reinforces your point while telling other people to shut up. Probably for that reason more than any other your whole "my poor family" argument just doesn't fly.

And, yes, her avatar thing was a commentary that apparently went over your head. I have a feeling that if she was a white, male atheist, it wouldn't have.

22. tuberculatious Banned Banned

Dear Sam,

if you ever need an accountant, I know plenty of these fine people all over the world. Most of my friends are accountants. I can put you in contact with them.

warm regards,

tub

23. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

SAM`s individual intellect is equal to the collective intellect of all other posters on these forums. Hard to deal with eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.