Cynicism

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Treval, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Treval Banned Banned

I would like to know why people on the internet are such cynical assholes, epsecially the following groups:

- kids, gamers, drug abusers, adolescents, college students

I've experienced the following situations lately:

- got flamed at by some college pricks for being nice on a forum and saying my opinion. This was on a gaming website. I introduced myself all nice and said that I like happiness. They started mocking me and I even had to call the police on their domain(s) because they hosted my content elsewhere.. (it wen too far)

- went to another gaming forum, introduced myself there, talked about my opinion on a particular tv show they hosted, got flamed at again, while I did nothing or wrote anything offensive. I basically said "I think that these episodes are less good. I think the character should improve etc." and the response I get is "Wth? Why do we care?" and "This is about as useful as posting "I took a shit". In other words, rude behavior by kids/adolescents.

- Tried to help somebody at a computer forum, then saw someone being arrogant to the original poster. Just because someone writes in caps or doesn't use punctuation or doesn't write like I am doing right now, means he's a retard?

I don't know what has gotten into people. Even when I was in highschool everyone was cynical and assholes. Things like saying "school sucks" and talking bad about teachers behind their backs, excluding me out of the class group because I disagree with them all, bullying, bullying others, thinking they are better than other people.. I can name a ton of other adolescent/arrogant people situations..

The point is, why are some people so cynical? Or should I say, most..
    What happened to being nice to each other? Why do people have such a depressive, sick view of the world and others? Why do people have to be so cynical, sarcastic and cold? I think those are very bad aspects of a person.
    Sadly most of them incorporate them..

There are not many people out there who are nice and friendly..

What is the core reason for all this? Upbringing? Parents? What?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

So you're generalising and because of your personal experiences with particular individuals you think it's okay to label entire groups as "cynical assholes"?
    What particular category would you put yourself in?
    Thoughtless whiner?
    Generalising idiot?

I dunno, why are you the way you are?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Treval,
    The previous two posts here in response to you are great examples of "Sarcasm" where by your opening posts has fed people to respond in what they thing is a funny manner. Sometimes however what they might find funny can of course lose it's meaning when read by another, perhaps because they don't get the joke or because they lose the meaning of it through a language conversion.

As for why are people "Cynic's", well it's partially been stated, some are just mean, rude, obnoxous and antagonistic. There isn't much you can do for them, other than ignore them or be like them. (Obviously being like them means their number is constantly increasing.)

What also doesn't help is that some of them have multiple personalities in the form of sockpuppets, so you will likely have the same one individual spam similar contents as a delusional army of one.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

Treval - also please separate the merely cynical among society from people who are just dicks. Not all cynics are dicks, and vice versa.

8. Treval Banned Banned

Stryder, neither I nor people in my culture or friends I have use sarcasm. It is a foul thing to use. I believe that only 'dicks' use sarcasm. It is not funny and not appreciated by anyone, at least in my culture. If you use sarcasm in my circles, you are just a worthless prick. It's a fact.

I'm not going to waste any more of my precious time on this.
    I therefor choose to remain myself and not listen to those people,
    thus ending my participation in this thread.

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

***Mod Note***
    No, it's an opinion.
    And for your information I wasn't being sarcastic: I was simply pointing out that your sustained whine was aimed (without justification) at entire groups of people, and as such constituted little but bigotry.
    I left the thread open to see if you would actually make a valid point point, but since you've not done that then this thread will be Cesspooled. As will any future ones you care to start on a similar topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.