I voted Democrat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 786, Nov 2, 2010.

1. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

How about you guys?

I figured.. No matter which party is in power we're screwed. So I chose the 'less hawish' party on war- which to me is Democratic Party because the Republicans are run by televangelist 'end-of-days' 'anti-Christ' psychopaths.

If I was in Kentucky I would've voted for Rand Paul though

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Peace be unto you

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Well life would be interesting if they came to power.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I also chose the less whorish party.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

It's going to be interesting to see what the GOP is going to do once they control the house. Judging by their past records, they'll pass spending bill to appease their constituents. Now that they're in charge, suddenly deficts won't matter again.

8. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

I vote for Democrats also but would have voted for Rand Paul. Rand Paul is too extreme for me in that he does not mix common sense with his libertarianism where appropriate but libertarianism has some appeal for me and honesty has appeal for me. I think Rand Paul like his father will be honest which is quite rare in congress. Rand Paul's opponent, Conway strikes me as quite dishonest and I don't like people to run as being more Christian than their opponents. I have no problem with a candidate saying you should vote for him because he obeys the moral/spiritual teachings but when he wants you to vote for him because he believes a theology then he is asking to vote based on group loyalty and I hate the evil that has been caused by loyalty to groups.

I also agree that we are screwed regardless. Neither party elite understands the problems with the American economic situation that have been building for decades. Neither party elite rejects the corruption of the American political system.

9. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Yep.. the platform is nice but the execution is full of backstabbing the people who voted for them..

Only person I like in the whole party is Ron Paul.

I think Democrats have good intentions, but they don't understand the unintended consequences-

In either case both parties will lead this country into hell.... I hope the people have the guts to bring it out once we're there

Peace be unto you

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

They will block every sort of reform, investigate Obama like they did Clinton, and they will try to own the recovery, if there is one.

11. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Yep. This is exactly their plan.

12. jpappl Valued Senior Member

The problem in the end is not either party.

It's that we the voter in the US are not demanding the type of leaders that we need to get us out of our mess.

I don't believe that as a nation we are prepared to deal with the idea of less.

We don't want to pay for roads and infrastructure repair.
    We don't want to pay taxes or cut spending to reduce the debt.
    We don't want to invest significantly enough in community and education to turn the tide of prison enrollees, school dropouts etc

We have been told we can have our cake and eat it too and are now overall so spoiled, entitled infantile little punks that are incapable of electing leaders that can help us solve our problems because we don't really want to face the problems.

13. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

I think we do... the question is whether it should be handled by the federal government or the local. And also what things 'should' they get involved in, in the first place.

Peace be unto you

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Be happy, 786, Rand Paul won in KY.

15. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

CNN?.. I was watching CNN in the morning and man were they trying to get the vote out for Democrats

I wished we had a real media- instead of biased networks like Fox and others. Although I guess its hard being unbiased.

Anyways, Hooray? One person won't make a difference though... so I guess I'll just have small amount of happiness :shrug:

Peace be unto you

16. jpappl Valued Senior Member

You think so.

Then run as a candidate and tell the voters this is what you are going to do.

You are going to cut spending:

After laying out what you are going to cut, what voting base is left to vote you in. Considering that at some point it's all local.

You are going to raise taxes significantly as well:

Do you really think you'll get the vote ?

We have to spend much more money now so that we won't have to spend even more in the future to solve our ever expanding prison load and lack of educated workers.

We have to spend much more now to repair our infrastructure and invest in future energy production and shore up the grid.

I don't think so.

Like you said yourself. We are screwed either way. It really comes down to the populace either not understanding what needs to be done and the medicine needed and/or they just don't care enough about the future generations.

My frustration is that we don't have a party that truly represents the middle.

The Dems are better IMO because many of them still want to make the majority more important than the elite. But there are too many Dems that will go with policy that does nothing but support the elite. Afterall, they are Dems but wealthy Dems.

The funny things is how well the Reps have done in tagging the Dems as the party for the elite.

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

one crazy nut job wants to impeach Obama

18. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

Poor babies.

Just cryin all the time.

Suck it up.

At least TRY to act mature.

Arthur

19. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

ok that be sour grapes even if it were relevant but for christ sake if your going to be all like could you you least wait untill its appropraite

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

If acurate this is interesting, in Australia when people are polled on spending the results always come back that spending more on health is more popular than cutting tax. However our political leaders are always after the votes of that couple of percent in the middle

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

You are correct. Look at the mess we are in today and both parties created it. We only have one party, the government party with two wings, left liberal and conservatives, both giving their friends whatever they ask for.

22. superstring01 Moderator

I literally voted for 1/3 of the elections available. Of the three noteworthies:
    Governor - Abstained (I'm no fan of Strickland, despite having voted for him in 2008 and I don't really care for Kasich)
    Representative - Abstained (It's Kucinich's district and I don't know his opponent who won't even come close)
    Senate - I voted for Rob Portman (R) over Lee Fisher (D).​

The rest were mostly judges (unopposed) and a few local officials.

~String

23. jpappl Valued Senior Member

Unfortunately, if you look at the state we are in with our debt level.

It comes down to the fact that we want all of the things that cost money but we don't want to pay for them.

Like a child.

You can't get elected doing what's best for the long term when you have to appease a bunch of spoiled children.