Supernova From Experimentation At Fermilab

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Paul W. Dixon, Feb 28, 2001.

1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

paulsamuel are you still complaining about me, get over it, I won.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

Yay, 666 posts ^. This thread is officially evil.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Close it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

buffys,

I argee if Dr.Paul is not going to argue and just spam for 34 pages on end then this thread should be closed, there no discussion with him as its like talking to a loud speaker.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

That's a ridiculous statement obviously made by one who does not have the capacity for critical thought. The thread has generated a lot of interest, hence it has continued for years. Just yesterday a new member was so interested he/she read all 33 pages of posts in this thread. And now we have a new moderator, trying to stretch his powers, and close this thread arbitrarily. This, a thread of which he knows nothing, and has nothing to do with. I hearby chastize you WellCookedFetus! You know not your place!

8. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Let the good Dr. have his thread. He's not hurting anybody. And hey, he just may save the earth someday. And if so, we can all say that "we were there, man. We were there at sciforums when the shit went down. It was beautiful, man. We saved the earth and shit. Nowadays all you young whippersnappers don't know shit about type I supernovae. But we were there."

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

I'm sure the penis enlargement spam that clutters our e-mail accounts generates interest too, it's still spam. This thread has continued for years because dr.paul doesn't mind posting 10 consecutive posts in a row to keep it alive. The whole point of a forum discussion is to discuss things, dr.paul is just saying the same thing over and over and not responding to anyone. This thread is a one-sided conversation, he's talking at us not with us. Perhaps he's right, maybe the world will blow up but since he never addresses any points but his own we can't delve any deeper into his claims.

This is basically a 34 page advertisement of his beliefs, if that's all he want's just start a web page or a blog.

10. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

That is extremely funny!!!!!!! Thanks.

11. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

This is not analogous at all. It's not spam.

12. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

normally I'd agree but like I said, there's no discussion just advertising. I say close it, it sets a bad example.

13. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

i don't know what dr.paul does or doesn't mind, however he has never posted 10 in a row.

14. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

exactly, we know nothing because he doesn't respond to anyone.

fine, I'm not going to scan all 34 pages to argue with you but going back just a few pages there's an example of 6 in a row spanning 3 weeks. No other posts besides his own, that makes my point just as well.

15. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

Not counting instances of 2 in a row:

- 6 in a row, from 08-26-01 to 10-11-01
    - 3 in a row, from 02-10-02 to 02-20-02
    - 4 in a row, from 05-03-02 to 05-23-02
    - 5 in a row, from 06-06-02 to 06-26-02
    - 3 in a row, from 01-07-03 to 01-14-03
    - 4 in a row, from 10-27-03 to 11-16-03
    - 3 in a row, from 04-12-04 to 04-18-04
    - 5 in a row, from 04-25-04 to 05-04-04
    - 6 in a row, from 05-09-04 to 05-28-04
    - 4 in a row, from 06-21-04 to 07-03-04

2 instances of 6 in a row
    2 instances of 5 in a row
    3 instances of 4 in a row
    3 instances of 3 in a row.

This thread has died repeatedly only to be resurrected by Mr-I'll-just-keep-posting-and-not-reply.
    Close it already.

16. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

"6 in a row, from 08-26-01 to 10-11-01"

wow, six posts in a row over 6 weeks? if that isn't an example of artificial life support I don't know what is.

17. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I would put a good bet that Paul W. Dixon here is a bot, as all he does is spam, has not replied in years.

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Mr. Dixon will simply start another thread if this one is closed.

The thread should remain opened as a monument to the obtuse.

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

how do we know his bot has the ability to start a new thread? Its worth a try to see.

20. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

He's not a bot. He has actually responded slightly to a couple of questions. In his odd, sort of correspondence, god bless the children, sort of way. It really would be nice if he would do more than carry on this one-man quest. He obviously spends much time considering this subject. Why doesn't he share any of the practical knowledge he must have gleaned from his fear in other forums? Or even share knowledge of his own field in Human Science or whereever? Why does he stay so damn impersonal? That's what bugs me the most. The impersonalness make him seem wackier than the ages long quest. I suppose its a defense against people that might attack his views. If he's utterly impersonal, it's hard to debate a letter. A bot.

This thread is the liveliest it's been in quite some time, eh? Wonder what Paul thinks about it all? C'mon, Paul, speak up. Nows your chance to prove yourself human.

21. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

so, if he starts another one, spams it and uses the same method of keeping it alive lock that one too. Although I think using his method of keeping a thread open is kind of pathetic it's his "post but don't respond" tactic that makes this spam in my opinion and spamming is a thread locking offense.

It's hooked up to a respirator, lived an unnaturally long and shallow life and is begging to die, so someone put it out of it's misery and kill it already.

22. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

what if a humen started it but now its just spammed by a bot?

23. buffys Registered Loser Registered Senior Member

as far as I know bots can't edit posts and his posts often have edits. I'm pretty sure it's a person which makes his lack of interaction all the more odd.

I'm thinking of starting a thread and maintaining it like paul does this one, maybe if enough of these open a mod will actually do something.