Will Tunisia & Morroco become advanced countries in the future(30 years maybe)

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Shadow1, Jul 26, 2010.

?

Will tunisia and morroco become advanced countries, maybe in 30 years?

1. yes

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. no

14 vote(s)
    60.9%
  3. maybe (more no than yes)

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. maybe (more yes than no)

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. just maybe

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

Will Tunisia and Morroco become advanved in 30 years maybe?
    so, what do you think.
    you can ask about the economy potentiel and science ground and potentiel.
    and just a few short informations
    tunisia and moroco are two arab maghrebian countries, 89% muslims, language, arabic, second language, french, and then english, and then italian/spanish/german

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

tunisi, almost no drop of oil(also maghreb)
    industries in all domains
    from airbus planes, jets parts, cars parts, medicines, tourism, tradional industries, fashion and clothes and and and...the clothes, carpets, and the rest in the domains, wines, olive oil, all kinds of food industries and light indusries, heavy industries still growing, by 2016 tunisia is an industrual country, tons of mega projects and small projects, many scientific potentioals, and a good base and ground for science, with encouraging it, knoledge based economy, the main resource for the country future, are us, humans, and a good number of scientific achivements, ...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

blablablabla, what do you think? any question you can ask

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

and when voting, tell why!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

It depends on what you mean by "advanced".

It's hard to objectively measure cultural or social "advancement" because we can hardly agree as to what "advanced" even means in this case (e.g, traditionalists vs others)

As for technologically and economically, yes, I am sure they will.

8. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

social, and cultural advancement, we are advanced, but we still have a path to follow, tunisians as far as i know are all opened and educated, not ignorants.
    culture, it have a great and an important place for us, our culture is mixed in our arts and in our architecture and in our lives, in fashion, always taking a bigger place bytime.

economicly and technologicly, that's certain.
    scientificily, is an important part of advancement, and we already have many great achivement in our country and scientists, tunisia always get one of the first 4 places in the international maths olympiads, this year, we was the second, also in this same year, karim, a young univecity student, discovered new mathemathic equations while he's doing he's homework, a robot(to discover other planets+other smart options, won the second place in a contest with the place 2cnd in the international contest of 2007 in paris, http://www.technologuepro.com/articles/robot-tunisien-SIWAN-51.html) two nobel prizes for two tunisian scientists in tunisia on two respective years,
    and and and....and the list continues...we have a bright future.
    comparing to other arab countries, we are advanced, but the world, you can say we are between advanced and advancing, we are in the crossing line.

9. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

mostly, when some people, that are not arabs, i mean, not from my country or the maghreb mostly, and see how we live inside the family, and out, all their thinking changes, since we are muslims, they think about horrible things about us and that we are primitive and and and ... but when they come, they see the contrary,; our living level and style, is even better than some european countries, majority are modern class, and some rich, and some limited people(poor), poor people, are eating and drinking like everyone else, rich or middle class, have all their needs, education, health, and and and... besides, family is always attached to each other, also the society, mostly, people don't leave their parents house intill marriage, of going to another city or country to study or work,all people are attached, there's no under the 0 level poor people, even when they are poor, they get help from the goverment, organisations, neighbours, family, friends...we are fine and alhamdulilah. we don't have people who lives in streets or graeyards, even if someone don't have a house, he stay in his parent's home, no one is homeless.
    and alhamdulilah

10. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

so, i think more likely, to choose the answer yes, but, i don't know about what you think.

11. kira Valued Senior Member

In term of Human Development Index (a comparative measure of health, education, and welfare for countries worldwide), Tunisia ranks #98 in the world, i.e. in the group "Medium Human Development":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

However, its level is quite near to the "High Human Development" group. The current distribution is like this:
    • Rank #1 ~ #38: Very high human development (developed countries)
    • Rank #39 ~ #83: High human development (developing countries)
    • Rank #84 ~ #158: Medium human development (developing countries)
    • Rank #159 ~ #182: Low human development (least developed countries)

In a few years, I believe Tunisia will be in the High Human Development group. Don't be pessimistic, it's still better than my home country (Indonesia, rank #111)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  12. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

oh hey Kira, hehehehehe
    indonisia is a beautifull country, don't be pessimistic too!

thanks for the informations

13. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

lol, i see 3 noes, i bet they voted to no because tunisia is an arabic country, and a muslim country, also morroco, hehehehehe, or maybe just don't know it, and don't know anything about it is more presice

14. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

anyone who votes, says why.
    that's important, if you want to keep a discussion!!

15. kira Valued Senior Member

I am one of those that voted "no"

, because it's a fact. To jump to an advance level (from rank #98 into <38) is not a very easy thing to do in just 30 years. However, I feel optimistic that Tunisia will be in the high level (rank <84) within 30 years, because compared to other countries it is indeed having higher acceleration:

Source: http://hdrstats.undp.org/en/countries/country_fact_sheets/cty_fs_TUN.html

Notice that Tunisia is represented by thick brown line, Arab states are represented by thick green line, and all other group of countries are represented by thin grey lines.

16. superstring01 Moderator

I voted no.

~String

17. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

yeah you're right, but, there's a bright future anyway

18. kira Valued Senior Member

I am neither optimistic nor pessimistic, the fact is that the trend of development in my country has shown no acceleration.
    Compare the graphs of Indonesia and Tunisia, and notice what happened after the year 2000

:

Source:
    Tunisia: http://hdrstats.undp.org/en/countries/country_fact_sheets/cty_fs_TUN.html
    Indonesia: http://hdrstats.undp.org/en/countries/country_fact_sheets/cty_fs_IDN.html

19. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

the human developement growth rate speed between 2006-2008 was about 5.2 and accelerating, anyway, how much time do you think it would need intill it reach the next level, and next, and maybe to be close of developed?
    well, i see we still waay miles to reach, i mean, look at that HDI picutre one!

so, developed, now we are talking about humans right?
    what about technology? and industry?
    and then science?

20. kira Valued Senior Member

If we learn from the experience curves, we can always extrapolate the line, but at the same time you have to also extrapolate the lines of all other countries. To be advance means to be on the front line, so it is something relative. Also, no country can always maintain certain acceleration, after sometimes everything will got stagnant. Like, let say, literacy rate, you can increase it from 75% to 80% in no time, but it will never reach above 100%.

Everything is relative, if you run fast but all other people walk slowly, then you'll reach the finish line earlier

HDI isn't a measure of human right, but rather a sum up of health, education, and welfare levels of countries. There are many studies about indicators of countries development. Worldbank, for example, has some hundreds indicators to measure the development of a country. Why not check Tunisia fact sheet in Worldbank report? The pictures above are only examples from UN study.

21. kira Valued Senior Member

22. kira Valued Senior Member

Let's take an example of Worldbank indicator for development in Science and Technology, i.e. application of patents in 2005 (sorted by number of patents in 2005), here is the screenshot:

Source: http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/IP.PAT.RESD

See, we are still wayyyy behind... my country (234) was quadruple than yours (56), but we are nothing compared to Japan (367,960)

23. Shadow1 Valued Senior Member

youth litercy rate for 2004, is 94.3, as for the old generatons. and as a hall, it's 87%, also, we are only 10 millions, by 2050, we will be 14millions, we can reach the 95%, and even maybe 98% http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1172463
    and yeah you're right, i mean, all countries are going ahead, and tunisia to reach them, should be faster than them, but, don't forget the international finacial crisis, wich tunisia almost didnt have any affect that you can see by your eyes, no one is fired, no one lost he's house, and everything is like it is, but the number of tourists desecreased, but, it returned to it's normal number, and increasing more.
    ah, so i see tunisia still have a long way, also, tunisiadidnt affect much with the financial crisis, because it still not opened economiclt 100%, it still opening it's banks and economy, slowly, with careful steps, opening it to europe mostly, and the maghreb, and the rest of the world, the main economy basis is tourism, but by 2016, it would be an industrual country, also the begening of new sectors in tourism like ecogical tourism, also it's the second in the world after france, in the medical tourism, anyway, i'm not too good at those geography things, i'll go check about those sheet,
    oh, and check this link:
    http://www.expo2010-tunisia.com/index.php/en/tunisia/economy.html