Complaint for the Mods

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Telemachus Rex, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Telemachus Rex Protesting Mod Stupidity Registered Senior Member

I posted a response in this thread: http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=111851

Perhaps because I posted the woman's address (which is easily found simply by looking in the phone book) my post was deleted (though not before another poster commented on part of it).

If you are going to delete my posts, at least have the courtesy to alert me of that fact, or even better, simply redact whatever information you find objectionable (here, again, public information), but leave the rest. If you must delete the whole thing, a short note as to why would be nice. Obviously, you are free to do as you wish, but it would be more courteous and more conducive to the free flow of ideas.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. adoucette Caca Occurs Valued Senior Member

I think you should post this in Site Feedback (or SF Open Gov)

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bells Staff Member

Yes, it is because you posted the actual and real address of someone who may or may not be this woman (yes, we checked if the address was real and it was). And you posted it after saying that someone should punch her in the face.

I really should not have to explain to you that you have not only incited violence against another person, but also made sure to provide the address where someone, who at the very least, shares her name, happens to reside, on a public and open forum. It would have appeared in a google search.

At present, the moderators and administrators are discussing what other course of action we are going to take against you. Because you not only breached this site's rules, but your actions also had the potential to endanger this site legally. The reason it was deleted was to protect this site from any possible legal action, especially if some individual decided to use what you posted and commit an act of violence against the people who live at the real and actual address you posted (someone who may not even have anything to do with the actual case). In short, what you did was stupid and dangerous, not to mention illegal.

So before you complain about the lack of courtesy because of the deletion of your posts, remember what you did in the first place to illicit that kind of response. Maybe next time, you will not post people's address and incite people to go and punch them in the face.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat — Response

Mod Hat — Response

The note, posted nearly five hours before your complaint, is with all the other Action Notes.

Furthermore, I don't see how this is difficult to figure out.

As I said in the Action Note: My general advice is that one should exercise extraordinary caution when pairing suggestions of violence with location data.

My specific advice, however, is that if you cannot figure out the problem with invoking violence against a person immediately before posting her home address, I should probably send you for a lot longer than a day.

Really: This is not difficult to figure out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.