How it is like to have a Muslim in your Family ?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Proud_Muslim, May 13, 2004.

1. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

A Muslim in the family

Roger Childs
    Producer, A Muslim in the Family

In the current climate, converting to Islam is not an obvious choice or an easy one, either for converts or their families. So, why have 14,000 Brits (and counting) now taken that leap of faith? In A Muslim in the Family, Rageh Omaar tries to find out.

For the four converts featured in the documentary, conversion is a positive step - but one that demands sacrifices of them and can cause worry and confusion for those closest to them.

Ultimately, though, it is a hopeful film. At a time when many people talk about "a clash of civilisations" between Islam and the West, converts just might become a living bridge between Islam and the West.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/3663771.stm

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Hmmm, I'm still trying to understand the title.
    Did you mean;
    How it is like "to have a muslim in your family?"...
    ?
    I'm thinking maybe 'to have a muslim in your family?' is a play or novel, but then what is 'it' referring to?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

Ok, you are not muslim, you have non muslim family, my question was, how it is like to have a muslim in your family ? what if your brother, your son or daughter converted to Islam ?

You need to read the link I provided from the BBC for more clarifications.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Oooooh, you mean "what is it like to have a muslim in your family?"

Yeah I don't have one, I do have a friend that claims to have converted to islam, but I think he just likes threatening old people with terrorism and telling anti-semetic jokes.
    If that makes him a muslim I'm allah himself.

8. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

May God guide you, you are so confused.

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Proud Muslim,

I think this is certainly true, but are they the only bridge? Might I ask what would be your opinion of a member of your family that converted to Christianity? I'm not trying to start a fight or anything here, I'm just curious if you think the bridge goes both ways.

10. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Good question invert

11. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

You wont find many muslims who are keen to convert to false religion in which people worship MAN.

The West is no longer christian.

12. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

OMG you are SUCH A HYPOCRIT!!!!!
    Understand us we don't need to understand you! What BULLSHIT
    You fell right into inverts trap how can you be that blind?

13. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't exactly call it a trap, I'd say I was hoping for a different answer. But the end result is the same.

So what you are saying is that the only bridge to peace between Islam and west is by the west converting to Islam's ideology. Can't you see how that will never work? Peace is brought about through compromise. We must meet in the middle. The bridge you speak of is only for us. It seems that you will remain on the other side and we come to you.

14. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

It was only a trap in the sense that it would reveal his hypocrisy and double standards and it did.

15. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

But you have no unified ideology for the west ! Western nations hate each others, compete with each others and fought and killed each others, first you have to identify a western ideology in which muslims might convert to !

Building bridge needs the 2 sides working from opposite directions, what we are seeing now is one side ( the west ) not building but destroying all bridges and creating more hate and resentment.

16. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

What a trap !!

17. path Militant wiseguy Registered Senior Member

Just like the middle east, we have sorted most of our problems in the west europe is now one big country with close ties to the Americas, western ideology is to remove rabid religious ideology from the political scene to as great a degree as possible.

So why did you just say that no muslim is going to cross that bridge to the other side while you expect westerners to? Imagine if you were in Syria and a christian was going on about what a great thing it is to have christians in your family. Then he went on to say he couldn't see many christians wanting to convert to the false religion of Muhammed the rock worshipper

18. okinrus Registered Senior Member

If Christians worshiped man, like you said, would not Christians be guilty of idol worship? Don't you think Allah should have condemned Christians like he did other idol worshipers?

19. StarOfEight A Man of Taste and Decency Registered Senior Member

Proud - and Muslims don't fight each other? Really? The Sunni-Shiite divide just a figment of my imagination?

20. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I have an Iranian uncle; I wonder if he's Muslim and if my aunt and cousin are too. I don't really care what religion one is so I've never asked.

- N

21. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

Idol of Jesus on Cross is invariably present in all the churches. So is the picture of Kaaba present in all muslim houses.

If Allah condemned would you accept that.? Do you seek justice on Jesus with Allah.?!

22. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

No, christians would not be guilty of idol worshiping because christians worship a man and not the one who created him.

The Quran made it very clear, those christians who say God is three are heretics and are condemned to hell.

23. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

wishful thinking !! there was so much talk about shia-sunni fighting in Iraq ! it did not happen and wont happen.

Show me where in the whole history of Islam, shias and sunnis fought each others as the christians did in Europe in the middle ages ?