WellCookedFetus's Moderator Position

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Arditezza, Sep 7, 2004.

?

Should WellCookedFetus be removed as a Moderator?

Poll closed Sep 21, 2004.
  1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    43.2%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    56.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arditezza Banned Banned

By his own assertion that moderators should be held to the same rules as posters, he has stepped over the line again.

In light of his actions, and in light of his performance as a moderator, I am putting up a poll to remove WCF's moderator status. Please don't let him sway you with another sob story.

Should WellcookedFetus be removed as a moderator. Yes or No.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Arditezza Banned Banned

Here is the thread, where not only does he call her a stupid bitch (see the white after the calm down bit. You have to highlight it with your mouse)
    http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?p=672563#post672563

In this thread, he also asked her to post naked pictures of herself (sexual harrassment)

And he said she was lying or to post another picture with a sign, which she did and he STILL called her a stupid bitch. Then he proceeded to say that with her attitude, she wouldn't have been around long... when it was his attitude that sucked.

Not to mention his stepping into forums and thread where he doesn't belong acting like a spastic Don Knotts, where he doesn't have any powers but still telling people what to do. Also, he seems to like to say "fuck you" to a lot of posters, and tell lots of people that "if you don't like it, you can leave".

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I voted yes. He crossed the line once too many.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xev Registered Senior Member

Arditezza:
    Get a life.

Out of the thirteen threads you've started here, seven are about Sciforums itself. Four of those are requests that a moderator be removed, installed or chastised. Rather interesting from a psychological point of view, no?

Of all your thirteen threads, only thirteen - yes, three out of ten - are actually about something besides another member or members.

Is wellcookedfetus your new target?

On 'Fetus
    His actions hardly violate our member rules. While he may have been boorish to another poster, this is not specifically prohibited. You yourself have been rude to other members.
    While cursing is prohibited, the rule is rather informal. Such things are generally edited or deleted upon moderator discretion.
    His request (obviously not serious) for nude pictures was, obviously not serious. Get your head out of your puritan cloaca.
    Nor is it any more sexual harassment than the "most beautiful women on earth" thread.

As a member he may or may not be annoying, but as a moderator he is fair and impartial. (As far as I know). He is effective in noting spamming/excessive crossposting and bringing it to the attention of other moderators, often before the rest of us notice.

He takes his duties quite seriously. His behaviour may be in need of some amendment, but as a moderator:

Removing 'Fetus as a mod would definitely impair the quality of these forums.

8. Arditezza Banned Banned

Spoken from the woman who has no clue what the forum rules are, and has abused them at will for years.

This isn't about me, this is about Fetus. I could care less what you think of my posting abilities or intentions. Because like most of your rhetoric and opinion, it's full of crap. You are smart, Xev but you lack common sense. It is not enough to "know" what you are talking about, it's also important to know how to apply it. But my opinion is just like yours, probably full of crap. As usual, you are going to turn this into something about me, instead of letting people vote on the actions of the Fetus. Just like you did in all the threads asking for your removal. Instead of coming in here full of crap about me, why did you just not defend Fetus? Maybe because you need to distract from the actual problem at hand, which is Fetus's moderating and his breaking the rules repeatedly.

Of course, saying "fuck you" to many people, and calling someone a stupid bitch after asking her to post naked pictures of herself is completely ok and not against the rules. Silly me.

He's immature, and while that's not a problem for the most part, it is when it turns him into an antagonistic jerk to the posters, constantly causing drama, breaking rules and generally being a tard. Give him time, I'm sure he'll come in your forum and tell people how to post like he has in all the other forums where he isn't moderator.

9. Xev Registered Senior Member

This is about you. I felt it was important for others to see this as what it is: not an offended member seeking help against a mod who stepped over the line, but as an expression of your fixation with the workings of this site.

However, it is perhaps undiplomatic for me to bring that up.

"Fuck you" is something most of our members have said to each other. Fetus is not in a minority in using it, nor is he egegriously abusing his mod status by saying it.

"Stupid bitch" was written in white type, it was unreadable and only could be noticed if one cut and pasted that text into another block. Admittedly that is juvenile, but not truely horrendous.

"Naked pictures" is something most of our female members have been asked for once or twice. I presume that the requests are in a joking manner, and almost complimentary.
    It's a little sexist - nobody asks males for nude pictures - but I don't think it counts as sexual harassment.

Further, I never said he was complying with the rules. He has broken them.
    But so have most posters, and in more outrageous fashion. I do not think that his actions warrent removal of mod status.

10. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Oh, now look at this, an impeach moderator thread...

11. Arditezza Banned Banned

So repeatedly breaking the rules is just fine as long as you are a moderator. Except that in the "Moderator Rules" thread WCF himself said that moderators should follow the rules in all forums on the site, but hypocritically went against that by breaking them. Not to mention, he pointed someone in the direction of Paul Samuels information (as he admitted) which resulted in someone calling Paul Samuel. Then, when everyone was saying that he should apologize, he went into a fit about how pitiful his life was to make people feel sorry for him.

Now, he feels that everyone hates him, so he antagonizes many people he comes in contact with outside of his own forums. He treats people poorly, and he has no respect for others, or the rules of the site.

No matter how you look at it, he's a poor example of a poster and a really bad example of a moderator. He has not been fair to people who do not like him, by playing the pity card and the "everyone hates me" weakness ploy to get everyone to back off. It's silly, and it's immature. And it's not fair to the posters of this forum to have to put up with a whiney little child who has access to their information and IP addresses. There is no reason why WCF should ever need to monitor who is on and what IP address other than the fact that it's a power issue. The Supermods can handle that just fine, and someone who is a moderator of two forums, and who HAS given information to others for the purpose of harrassment shouldn't have access to that.

12. David_Becks17 Registered Member

shut the hell up arditezza, your threads are uninteresting and rather boring indeed

13. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

You know something? I voted yes out of pique. But now I wish I would have waited. There is no reason to impeach him. This has nothing to do with his moderation skills. I don't suppose it'll make much difference. There's no chance of him being removed anyway. So, my vote'll just be one of the few admonishment votes (I hope. If it passes I might very well consider turning my vote. If possible.)

He has his areas of knowledge as a poster, just as we all do. And, I don't really do the WE&P section much to judge his conduct in there. He's trying to chew on my nuts quite a bit lately. But, I can handle it, I think. Hasn't broken skin yet.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

What I find odd and ironic about this situation is the similarity with events past. The picture thread becomes ominous for disparaging comments now. His insults were not as direct as someone else's posts, but "Stupid bitch" is certainly on par with "Fat cow" or whatever the other could break down to. Fetus's insult was whited out, but she found it rather easily. And then it progressed to a statement of "fuck you" rather than "fuck you all". Very ironic.

He also never apologized, either. I find that distasteful because he said he would if he offended someone and she was obviously offended. Yet, he never apologized. He's definitely a hypocrite. No doubt about that. But, hell, he admitted to that in Gendanken's thread. So that's no big news.

Anyway, this is getting too dramatic for me. There's a throw shit at Fetus thread in the cesspool. Everyone go down and there and do your worst if you have anything to work out on him. Hell, you never know. He just might listen... Nah.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But, at the least, you can have a nice cathartic experience getting out your primal angers and hatreds.

14. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

Almost correct, email notification does not use bb code, making it plainly visable. WCF attempts at hidding its was just weak, IMO if she had something say she should have said it, where is the fun when know one hears your insults anyway

15. Xev Registered Senior Member

Kunax:
    I thought an email notification simply lets you know that someone's posted in a subscribed thread, and doesn't actually tell you what the post is.

Arditezza:
    Nobody said that. Grow the hell up and quit trying to win arguments through temper tantrums.

Everybody breaks the rules. Moderator Tiassa, moderator CounselorCoffee, moderator wellcookedfetus and myself all have been profane and acerbic on occasion. Most of our members have.

Why single out wellcookedfetus?

So now you propose to dis-bar the 'Fetus for hypocrisy?
    This is a referendum on 'Fetus' ability to moderate WE&P, not his interpersonal skills.

I wasn't here when that happened, however, this is only relevent if 'Fetus used tools only accessable to mods (visible IPs) to find this information.

Irrelevent. We are not voting on whether he is a whiny masochist, we are voting on whether he is a competent moderator.

Again - this is not about his interpersonal skills.

This is not shown by your single example of poor behaviour. Everyone behaves in self-pitying, annoying and stupid ways at some time. Being an asshole is part of being human.

Do you have any concrete proof or any logical reason to suppose that he will abuse that access?

I can just see wellcookedfetus looking up someone's IP:

"Mwahahaa, ich hab' ein reisen kraft!!"

There is a very good reason, and not a power issue at all:

'Fetus, like him or not, is a competent moderator who does not abuse his position and who does diligently bring problems to the attention of other mods

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I merely wanted to add that in Xev's and my cases, we have the dubious distinction of setting a few benchmarks. Xev often gives the appearance of being utterly indifferent to the rules, but she knows exactly where on the map she's standing when it comes down to it.

It's always in the back of my mind that I/we/whomever should go ahead and commit to the obvious hailstorm and lay out a massive critique of various styles of insulting, angry, and intense discourse. I'm not sure, however, that doing it, say, next week, would see the end of the carnage by Christmas--2005. Oh, the bad blood that would boil over.

Lesson #1: Leave yourself out of it. Implying a deficiency in your counterpart's perception, assimilation, functionality, or general intelligence is harsh enough; it only looks silly to tout yourself at the same time. Compare the following, which both call someone narrow-minded:

Remember that the detail does not the whole painting make.
    Unlike you, open-minded people like myself are capable of understanding how something so simple works.
    Both tell the other that they're taking the narrow-minded approach, but narrow-mindedness can be either an observation of fact or a zinger in lieu of a point. If you make it the former, be prepared to show it; if you opt for the latter, well, leave yourself out of it.

Which reminds me:

Lesson #2: Minimize the occasions on which you refer to yourself as open-minded. In fact, let it be implicit--don't even give a straight answer to, "Do you think you're open-minded?" Don't say, "Yes". Say, "Who doesn't think they are? Only the proud, drunk, flag-waving bigot."

17. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

Yet another stupid fucking thread in Open Government. Hand a moron some chocolate and he goes scratching his ass looking for more.

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I will respond in white because that is ok apparently.

Shut the fuck up yourself david if you have nothing to contribute.

Another stupid fucking post by you in SOF.

19. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Just for information, paul samuel gave information on his person freely. Anyone who looked in his user info or at some of his posts was able to find address, phone number and place of work.

Apart from that, I never found WCF misusing his moderator position. And everyone uses insults once in a while, as long as they are used with a certain limit I do not see a problem.
    Also, some things should not be taken too serious.

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

He certainly does.

21. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Who does?

22. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

23. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

What? Now I should go and take WCF serious? You kidding me?

I know he is a drama queen, a hypocrite, sometimes an ass and a loser. But still he manages to be a fair moderator and I always manage to laugh about the not-so-serious posts he produces as a member.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.