RStar Wars v.s The CGU

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Hapsburg, Apr 16, 2005.

?

Who wins?

1. Central Galactic Union (milky way & rim territory)

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. First Galactic Empire (SW galaxy)

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Rebels, Pirates, and Militias

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Star Wars v.s The CGU

Who'd win in a full-scale war?

The Central Galactic Union, at the height of its power (about 6311, before the Zephyr War)

against

The First Galactic Empire, power between ANH & TESB. They can use all of the extended universe technolgogies between the two movies.

The Rebel Alliance sides with the CGU, seeing them as liberators.
    Its full-scale war, and WOMDs are allowed.

who wins?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

I'm leaning towards CGU, even though Empire could probably take out a big chunk of thier forces. The CGU just has way too many Dreadnoughts for the Imps to sustain a fleet engagement. The CGU also will not hesitate to use nuclear/biological/chemical weapons on Imperial-owned planets to wipe out populations.
    Now, imperial infantry could probably screw over CGU infantry. But, the CGU almost always gets screwed over in infantry. Hell, thy're still using .308cal autorifles. But, of course, Cockroach-class and Scorpio-class attack vehicles could probably down the ATATs easily. hell, ATATs dont have energy shields, but the Cockroach does.
    CGU could win, but they'd need help from the REbs, because the Empire could still use thier superweapons and massive SSDs.
    But, of course, the CGU could send in the GSS Maximilian....but that's a thing i'm just not gonna mess with.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gondolin Hell hath no fury like squid Registered Senior Member

Having fun? Im gonna have to say care bears because they have love powers and that would kill a cockroach class attack vehicle.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

the crap are you talking aboot?
    the 'roach's shields would stop it, then the Plasma Cannons would fry those bears.
    roasted and ready to eat.
    heh.
    but seriously.

8. Gondolin Hell hath no fury like squid Registered Senior Member

Sarcasm.

9. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

i know.
    sarcasm is good.
    sarcasm is funny.
    who'd win: CGU or 1st Empire?

10. Gondolin Hell hath no fury like squid Registered Senior Member

Neither. It doesn't matter.

11. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

i know.
    but i want to know.
    from a speculative point of view.

12. Kron Maxwell's demon Registered Senior Member

Then I would like to ask you two 'speculative' questions:
    "Who the hell are the CGU?"
    "If they wipe out populations, how come the rebels are siding with them?"

13. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

1) Central Galactic Union, an interstellar organization of the Milky Way Galaxy. It's capitol is Munich, Earth. They a quasi-fascist society, ruled by a Dictator who presses the doctrine of Human Dominance over Alien Species'. They have a very large military, and have already conquered one Alien Race: the mighty Zaaroft Imperium.

2) the Rebs see them as liberators from the Empire. The REbs have wiped out populations from Imperial planets, as well, using chemical and biological weapons. The rebels are terrorists, they're use whatever help they can get, even if in means the CGU.

14. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

15. Kron Maxwell's demon Registered Senior Member

I would actually think that The Rebs would see the CGU as tyrannical and opt to join the pirate militias. Hence I voted for them.

16. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Huh.
    You have a point there.
    And actually the Empire fighting the CGU anyway is kind of pointless, since both have governments that are based in "human-supremacy"...it's simply that the CGU is even more radical with thier antialien policies, opting to kill them rather than enslave them.
    CGU's crazy people.

17. Arquibus Master of Useless Information Registered Senior Member

Since we are using the expanded universe, I thought I would point out that the empire had many biological and chemical weapons to use on their enemies. Also, who are the other forces, CSA, Hutts, Chiss, Vong, etc. siding with?

18. Arquibus Master of Useless Information Registered Senior Member

Regardless, the Empire would win because at the particular time they had Grand Admiral Mitth'raw'Nuruodo. He was unstoppable in space because of his tactics abilities. Superior forces, superior technology? Doesn't matter, Thrawn had psychology on his side, and he was able to think about his enemy on the subconscious level of their mind, and he could predict their actions better than the Force. His downfall was in trusting his bodyguards, but at the described time they had absolutely no reason to come after him, so good luck.

19. Kron Maxwell's demon Registered Senior Member

I just want to clear up a doubt I had for some time right now: is Grand Admiral Mitth'raw'Nuruodo the same as Grand Admiral Thrawn?

20. Arquibus Master of Useless Information Registered Senior Member

Yes, they are one and the same. Mitth'raw'Nuruodo was Thrawn's name in Cheunh, the Chiss language. By taking the last two letters of the first name, the middle syllable, and the first letter of the family name, we get th'raw'n, or Thrawn.

21. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

And you think that for some reason CGU's GRand Admiral Khor won't kick Thrawn's little blue ass? Especially when the CGU brings in all of it's fleets.
    The thousand-fleet navy, it is called. Each fleet has about 20 starcarrier groups. Each 'carrier group has about 100 ships.
    Do the math. The Impie's are outnumbered, and when the CGU miliary does it's weapon refits, the imps are gonna be outgunned. Pure and simple/

22. Arquibus Master of Useless Information Registered Senior Member

Thrawn's tactics are far superior to any. He knew more about his enemies than they knew about themselves. He didn't even have to have heard of them. Seeing them fight for seconds alone was enough to make him understand how victory would be gained. If your numbers are simply too great, he could use various hit and run tactics, he understood the perfect utilization of light strike craft and fighters as well. At his direction (partially) the first Imperial assault fighters were equipped with hyperdrives. He knew psychologically exactly what to expect from an enemy, what not to expect, and when to expect the unexpected. He was unstoppable.

23. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

That still won't save him from being oblierated in a massive salvo of main gun shots from Dreadnoughts and Superdreadnoughts, and the CGN's twin flagships, the GSS Maxamilian and the GSS Eta Rycon.
    Here's a hint: The flagships are essentially unstoppable. It's shielding will take months to take down, it's armour won't even have a scratch if you hit it with a superlaser, and it's main gun would obliterate Thrawn's fleet before he can even blink.

P.S) Khor would kick Thrawns ass. He used a fleet of only 143 ships and wiped out a large armada of 2,000 technologically superior Zaaroft cruisers, plus 20 Zaaroft Supercruisers. He was the only Admiral capable of defeating the Zaaroft Warlord Psylias in battle. And, let me tell you, Psylias would absolutely decimate Thrawn's forces. Easily.