Lord Of The Rings VS Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by darksidZz, Apr 30, 2007.

?

The worst one is

Poll closed May 15, 2007.
  1. LOTR

36.8%
  2. HP

42.1%
  3. Both suck the same, they're so sucky!

21.1%
  1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

Which disgusts you more, LOTR or HP? I myself find that both make me sick or feel ill when I watch them, the worst of these 2 is very, very difficult for me to accept, however it would have to be LOTR. This series is so boring and so completely sick I feel ill seeing it, HP is also sick... hummm maybe then umm

Harry Potter sucks more, there's no question.... it's horrible. Here look at this it makes fun of LOTR and makes me think it's the worst

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_xWBnzxZPGk

I would need to say then both suck, and they suck exactly as much as eachother, therefore I take an unconventional approach and say both suck equally!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    Shut up !

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

No wonder you have no girlfriend.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Dear All,

LOTR is definitely better, however i wish Gandalf had let rip with a few hard-core spells though.

~~~~~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

If we are talking about the books then Harry Potter is a million times better.

If we are talking about the films then they are both shite.

9. Vega Banned Banned

Yawn! I found "dungeons and dragons" more entertaining!

10. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

i wouldnt go so far as to call the lotr movies "shite"....i think it was the best series of movies they could have made at the time, adapting from such a deep novel.

being able to take a book of that scope and make it into a movie without changing fundamental aspects of the plot is pretty impressive, in my eyes.

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I guess you are right. Since the book was awful you can't really expect the movie to be any better.

12. RAW2000 suburban Registered Senior Member

Theres no accounting for taste, but still finding the LOTR book to be awful? are you sure you read it, and placed in its historical context as being the first ever elves orks and goblins epic ever?
    Did you like Eragon instead maybe?

13. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

It's about hobbits eating mushrooms. I honestly can't find that very interesting.

14. mountainhare Banned Banned

spurious:
    Wow! I empathatically agree. You're the first person I've met that actually shares my view that attempting to read the LoTR series is like trying to pass a rock solid turd.

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i read the lord of the rings novels ages ago, and i thought they were good books. didnt tolken give birth to that type of fantasy novel? he has a good imagination,

also i like the depth and roots of his story telling, his play on language and taking old forgotten myths and changing them, everybody changed the way elves were pictured and saw them as little fairy type things. but in old celtic (i believe) elves were seen as tall elegant looking biengs, and he brought back that way of seeing fantasy elves.

there is alot of culture and mythology that went into the creation of the lord of the rings, he spent an awful lot of time and effort creating those books, i have read the others aswell, the hobbit and the silmarilian,

all in all i say the lord of the rings was actualy a decent creation and an original concept, (of sorts) and harry potter is a piece of lame ass shit

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

, no effort went into harry potter its stupid and very boring. i cant see a comparison between the 2 one is very good and the other is crap.

potter can stick his wand where the sun dont shine.

peace.

16. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i disagree with spurious and mountain. i think there is alot of depth to his creation and effort in writting the novels,

so much mythology, research, folk lore and language went into its creation.

p[eace

17. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Yeah---it's the difference between Stephen King and Hemmingway.

18. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

I can't believe Harry Potter is winning. Now I know you people have no taste.

19. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Damn you darksidZz. You negatively phrased the poll and caused me to vote for the wrong one.

20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i cant see how harry potter can be compared lord of the rings was a good piece of work!, this is madness.

sheer madness.

peace.

21. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Especially considering that JRR Tolkein invented the genre.

22. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

People put a lot of mythology, research, folklore and action in the matrix sequels. They still sucked.

and i haven't even voted yet.

23. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I am sorry, HP & LOTR suck so bad it's not even funny. They're so terrible on film that I wanna kill myself then everybody (like cho) whenever I see'm.