Rainbow Thread Administration

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Orleander, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

how nice that Lori has her very own personal stalker.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I've stood under a water fall and stuck my hand through a mini rainbow.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

A stalker? Hardly. I'll educate you. This is a forum. You know what one of those is, right? It's where members discuss things, and it's fairly likely that some members will post in the same areas fairly often. That's not stalking, but if you want to defend the claims that Lori really does talk to, and get replies from God, please attempt that.

We were talking about full sized ones, not localised ones. What was your point?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. deicider got omnicidead Registered Senior Member

God:
    "ughhh am sooo bored here in heaven...in earth people are being tortured,countless are being killed,children dying from starvation, million other children are being raped:shrug:..this is soo boring what do i do....Oh yeah!i got it! i will send a message to Lori7...but how do i do that?hmmm,YES! God,ur genius...oh wait i am god :m: anyway i'll show her a rainbow in a bridge when she will be passing by with her car!! now that will show her how great i am,and probably tell her friends in sciforums,which for a strange reason is filled with atheists but this will teach them a lesson ,yay i rock!:thankyou: "

or smth less realistic.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. phlogistician Banned Banned

No I'm not saying that.

8. phlogistician Banned Banned

Fraggle is often fond of reminding people that is allegedly a science forum. Claims therefore, need to be substantiated.

9. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Correct, and claims should be substantiated, and if I thought that Lori7 was proselytizing, I would have taken action and probably cessed the thread, however, the only time God was mentioned by Lori was when she described how she felt.

Or are you suggesting that she should provide evidence of her emotional state at that time?

There is a time and a place for debating theism, and this isn't it.

My request was simply that such debate be moved to a more appopriate subforum.

10. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Trippy, you deleted my response to Lori. Shouldn't you also then delete her initial claim about god? Just wondering...

11. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Troll Elsewhere.

I deleted your comment because I found it inflammatory, purely and simply - same reason I red penned one of Lori 7's posts.

It amounted to little more than trolling, and served no obvious purpose other than to inflame the situation and intimidate people (not to mention insensitive and crass).
    Given that you made it in spite of my Post #14 I should have issued you with a formal warning and/or a ban, as well as deleting the post.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You really have got to be joking.

13. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Lori:

I thought about it for a while, and have decided to delete your response to Q. While you may have raised some valid points, I feel it can only serve to further inflame the situation. If you genuinely feel like you're being stalked, there are more appropriate ways of raising the issue, and more appropriate places to do so.

14. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Are you so sure of that?

If you want to tease mock bully harrass or harang people for their lifestyle choices, the Earth Science sub forum is NOT the place to do so.

15. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I was doing no such thing, I simply responded in kind to Lori's post. She sees signs of god in this thing while I see signs of god in other things.

You felt you needed to be the arbiter in deciding who gets to see what. You didn't delete her claim so that would mean it's fair game to respond, yes?

Of course, if you feel Lori's claim to signs of god are more relevant or important than mine, you are free to do so. Just admit it rather than playing games.

16. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

I took what I considered to be the action neccessary to prevent this thread from degenerating into childish name calling, and a flame war.

I considered your post to be inflammatory and off topic. I did not consider that Lori 7's post required editing. it was in bulk, on topic (it elaborated further in response to Enmos' statement), and concluded with an off hand, tongue in cheek comment (and IMO somewhat self effacing) about how she felt at the time. I do not, and did not consider that it makes any claims, explicit or implicit, beyond that Lori 7 herself believes in the existence of the Judaeo-Christian God.

Her post contained no such claims beyond an off hand statement of her opinion at that time.

Your statement was inflammatory, and in a sense dishonest (it contained an implicit statement that you believe in something that you have denied belief in elsewhere.

If you wish to further debate my ethics as moderator of this sub forum, then I suggest you do so in a more appropriate thread, and stop derailing this one.

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Seems you have none, so I won't waste my time.

18. phlogistician Banned Banned

Well the rest of us clearly did, so your moderation seems to be a bit one sided here.

If Lori feels she's being stalked, that might be paranoia, often associated with some of her other symptoms. Also, she doesn't have to come here, this isnt real life, it's not life we are waiting outside her house, so the use of the word 'stalking' is grandiose to say the least.

Lastly, when you start threatening a sane person with a ban for picking up a member expressing insanity, you need to think long and hard, you really do. This is a science forum, we have explained Lori's symptoms to her quite often, and encouraged her to get professional help, please, do not support or legitimise her problems by siding with her.

19. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Lori, at this point (ok, in general

) it would be smart not to resort to name-calling.

20. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

The pair of you are, of course, entitled to your opinion.

The pair of you do not constitute 'the rest of us'.

Cyberstalking is still a crime, as is cyberbullying, and clearly Lori is not the only person who considers some of the behaviour displayed on this thread in that light.

I'm sure that individuals as clearly mature as yourself and (Q) are can find ways of addressing what you consider to be Lori 7's insanity without being inflammatory or provocative.

Clearly, if I am deleting and editing Lori's posts for inflammatory content I am not siding with her.

Clearly if you are not abusing other peoples beliefs than you have nothing to worry about, unless you're referring to my comments directed at (Q) in which case without knowing the content of the post in question, you're arguing from a position of ignorance.

Now, I have already asked that any criticisms that you wish to direct at my moderation be voiced in an appropriate thread. If you wish to continue this discussion then, for the second time, do so in an appropriate thread. The topic of this thread is rainbows, not my moderation.

21. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

****Moderator Note****

I've asked people to be polite to each other.

Lori, I've deleted your post, and issued you with an infraction because it can only serve to inflame the situation further

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

No worries, Trippy. We won't bother you or your forum and you can instead have your preference of members who post there; ie. Lori. Good luck with that.

23. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

The sad thing about this comment is I've moderated more of Lori's posts than I have yours.

I'm done with this discussion.
    I'm through with the justifications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.