‘Hidden Apartheid’ of Discrimination Against Dalits

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Mr.Spock, Feb 17, 2007.

1. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

By diluting the term by handing it to every racial/ethical or religious conflict.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

I've handed "apartheid" to every racial/ethical or religious conflict? Please. I doubt that Oliver Tambo is rolling over in his grave over me.

Why don't you think about a specific racial, ethnic, or religious conflict that I actually have attributed with the term "apartheid". Then find an appropriate thread to have the discussion in, invite me over, and I'll be pleased to engage you in the intelligent debate you claim to seek.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Please look at the topic of this thread. *sigh* If you had actually followed what I have been saying, I disagree with the arbitrary use of the word. You were the one who decided to debate that point hence its reasonable to A) either assume you supported the use of the word in the thread topic, or B) Are a troll just looking for a pigeon fight.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"You were the one who decided to debate [my disagreement with the arbitrary use of the word "apartheid"]... hence its reasonable to [assume]...

The word "apartheid" is commonly applicable to contexts beyond South African history, as any dictionary can demonstrate:

8. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

Which context is it used in this article? Why is it used? Its the hitler card.

9. Tripo lee Registered Member

wow, india, who would have thougt?

10. skywalker 3 @ T M 3 Registered Senior Member