“the Germans just want Europe to be a big Switzerland.” The past and future of Europe

Discussion in 'World Events' started by nico, Oct 20, 2003.

?

Which country is the natural head of the EU?

1. France

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Germany

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. UK

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Spain

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Italy

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. nico Banned Banned

EU? Or NU

That was the first part of the article, which I found to be pretty enlightening. The Euros are living in a the NU (Nostalgic Union) rather then the EU it seems. All these states were great powers, especially Spain, England, and France. No one can deny their sway in human history and their influence on our lives today. Granted European imperialism wasn't the rosiest of hours it still has a effect on us today. But has it come to the point where the Europeans have lost so much power that they have to reminsis in their past glory? And it seems that the most powerful European state (debateable) has problems with the fact of her decline:

There is no real doubt that France has the balls in the Union, she can rather easily thwart any other nations attempts at legal wars, and acceptance into the mighty EU. France strives to be the cultural centre of a new modern intergrated Europe. With Germany has the mere finicial backing for France being at the helm of the ship. The Brits and Spanish two other states have ideas of their own:

Thus the UK and Spain are really having trouble with the idea of a Franco centric EU, and they both have former colonies to fall back too. The power of these two former Hyperpowers cannot be underestimated either. Are these states being real? Or are we talking about a EU that truly has a imperialistic claim on the future?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

They all make up the EU not just one of them plus there are I believe 8 other nations involved within it and more adding onto it every year. They vote on issues with no real "head" of the EU.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. nico Banned Banned

cosmictraveler

NO SHIT REALLY!?! Duh! I asked the question of who was the natural leader of the EU. Who would be the the real nation capable of heading the EU in the right direction, and who has the historical credentials to back that up.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

i think you missed cosmictraveler point, there cannot be only 1 leader.

8. nico Banned Banned

No

Actually I think I got his point very well, otherwise he would had said like as you did. Anyways just vote, because i'd like to see the eventual outcome of the vote. The question is not hard to understand.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

i think the European people are to diffrent and independent to be ruled by another nation, coorparation is fine and very welcome but we like to have our own laws and systems.

btw the danes where not the only vikings, and raiding was just 1 of there more easy to remember side kicks.

i choose none of the selection you have given

10. nico Banned Banned

i choose none of the selection you have given

Oh that's preferrable, i don't want stupid people who can't understand a simple question to pollute it.

i think the European people are to diffrent and independent to be ruled by another nation

Who said ruler/ruled? I said lead (head) ... they are two different things.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2003
  11. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

so now im stupid because i think none of the choice you have give is a "natural head" of the EU, dont you get it there is no natural leader of the EU.

12. nico Banned Banned

so now im stupid because i think none of the choice you have give is a "natural head"

Yes, then who is Luxemburg

dont you get it there is no natural leader of the EU.

Of course there is, there is a natural leader in everything. One state represents the strongest EU state, and the compotent state, with historical relevancy. You understand you are the only retard who maintains this totally unsubstantiated position? I can bitch and complain too that I have no feet, but if I don't explain or show you, I might as well shut my mouth. STOP THE INSANITY!

13. Vienna Registered Senior Member

Re: so now im stupid because i think none of the choice you have give is a "natural head"

Luxembourg, is a constitutional monarchy and an independent sovereign state, tucked between Belgium, France and Germany.

There isn't any "natural head" or "natural leader" of the EU......LOL

14. nico Banned Banned

Luxembourg, is a constitutional monarchy and an independent sovereign state, tucked between Belgium, France and Germany.

That is one way to spell that nations name

There isn't any "natural head" or "natural leader" of the EU......LOL

Ok I don't you morons get it. Natural leader means that the state is the leader not officially but it's agenda greatly influences the whole Union, it's of vital importance, surely it dosen't have to have "President", or "head" in front of it to make it a leader. For instance the economic sway of Germany makes the whole EU shutter. I highly doubt that Portugal has the same sway do you deny? You people are so simplistic it's sad.

15. Vienna Registered Senior Member

And your ideas about how the EU works are so sweet

16. nico Banned Banned

And your ideas about how the EU works are so sweet

I know the EU has a revolving presidentcy, I don't know who's in charge now, I think Greece or Sweden or something I am a bit behind on that one. I am talking about the leader who has sway, and thus shut it.