10 upcoming Sci Fi movies to watch for

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Magical Realist, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rhaedas Valued Senior Member

A few interesting ones, at least from the initial descriptions. The Prototype could be one to watch, although I swear I've seen the footage before. Has a trailer been shown earlier? Maybe some of the stuff from I, Robot is making me think I've seen it before, as there are a few parallels.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I don't recall seeing Prototype trailers out yet on TV or theaters. Looks interesting though..

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

8. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

9. rodereve Registered Member

Nice nice, I did not know Ender's game was coming out.

You should check out sci-fi TV series, its probably better to get your scifi fix on a more regular basis. I don't have too many recent ones off the top of my head, continuum, defiance (coming out in April). There's a lot of older sci-fi series, but many feel dated.

10. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

The problem with scifi, is most of the best has already been done over and over. There is a limit to the imagination of humans at some degree, and hollywood has shown that by so many rereleases.

I will not bother watching any of these, as scifi as a genre has gone stale for me.

Personally i do not watch any tv series or movie made after 2001-2002 area. Like i said i think there is a limit to the imagination of the human race, and we that has been born out with so many film remakes by hollywood. I am glad i gave up watching anything made after that date, and time has shown i was right.

There is a limit on human imagination no matter what people think, and hollywood and the music industry bears this out.

11. johnstephen Registered Member

The World’s End waiting for watch.

12. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

Saw Oblivion theother night. They should have named it Tom Cruise and his girlfriends! Started slow and I almost walked out but gave it time to "get moving" which eventually it did, somewhat. There are parts of this movie that aren't to bad but overall I'd not recommend paying full price to see it. I'd wait until it goes to Netflix or some other way of seeing it for less money. Not much more than the trailer of the movie has for you to view.

13. Saturnine Pariah Hell is other people Valued Senior Member

14. Saturnine Pariah Hell is other people Valued Senior Member

15. Upstate8987 Registered Member

Ender's Game counts, right?