20 Hypothetical Questions

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Lykan, May 2, 2002.

1. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

20) You are leading 100 people in a survivalist situation, when suddenly your lives are in danger and you must choose between two courses of action. One would cause 10 of the people to die and everyone else would live, the other would have a 70% chance of saving everyone but were it to fail then everyone would die. Which would you choose?

I would definitely go with the first course of action. 10 or 101 ? Mighty easy
    choice if you ask me ...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2004
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Silverback Registered Senior Member

1) Would you be willing to spend a night alone in a remote house that is supposedly haunted, just for the sake of it? (knowing nothing more about the history of the house than that) There is no electricity though there is running water and other utilities, and you can bring your own flashlight and/or lantern and such. The nearest neighbors live 5 miles away.

A chance to spend a whole night anywhere other than here? You betcha! As long as none of the living can bother me. Hey, you didn't say no phones! Please let there be no phones too.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2) If a new medicine were developed that would cure arthritis but cause a fatal reaction in 1% of those who took it, would you want it to be released to the public?

A total cure? Sure, if properly forewarned of the danger, let them decide for themselves.

3) You discover that your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mix-up at the hospital, not yours. What would you do? Would you want to exchange the child to try to correct the "mistake"?

Depends which one is cuter. Nah, just kidding. I would want to work it out with the other parents, visitation and maybe have a regular event, like a monthly BBQ or something where both families get together. Double the fun.

Edited to add: Oh, and I mean Yes, if the other parents and the situation could be agreeable, I would prefer to raise my biological child myself and enable them to do the same.

4) Would you accept $1,000,000 in U.S. dollars (or the equivelant in whatever currency) to leave your country and never set foot in it again?

Dear God Yes. Get me outta here!

5) Which gender do you think has it easier in our culture?

Male, just like in all cultures.

6) (For this question, if you're currently in a mate relationship then answer as if you were single) You have the chance to meet someone with whom you can have the most satisfying love imaginable -- the stuff of dreams. However, you know that in six months the person will have sex with someone else, and then when you eventually find out they will leave you for them and want nothing more to do with you. Knowing the pain that would follow, would you still want to meet the person and fall in love and experience the 6 months of bliss? You would forget your foreknowledge of the events in store for you, too.

Nope.

7) If you knew of a way to use your estate, following your death, to greatly benefit all of humanity, would you do it and leave only a minimal amount (10%) to your family?

Sure.

8) Would you be willing to murder an innocent person if it would 'somehow' end all hunger in the world?

No women, no kids. Otherwise, yes.

9) Would you rather be given $10,000 for your own use, or be able to give $1000 anonymously to 100 strangers? You can't pick who it's given to, though you know that all of the people could really use the money.

If I didn't know who the money went to, I would always wonder if they really got it. Nah, that is just a cover for greed. Hand over the cash, it will help with moving expenses since I left the country in question 4.

10) Would you be willing to give up half of what you now own (randomly selected) for a pill that would permanently change you so that one hour of sleep each day would fully refresh you?

Half of what I own? Sure. Wait, is this before or after I leave the country with a million (and ten thousand) dollars...

11) If the person you were engaged to marry had an accident and became a paraplegic, would you go through with the marriage or back out of it?

Call me a heartless bastard if you will, but I have to back out this time.

12) You are offered $1,000,000 USD (or the equivalent in whatever currency) for the following act: Before you are ten pistols -- only one of which is loaded. You must pick up one of the pistols, point it at your forehead, and pull the trigger. If you can do this and walk away you do so a millionaire. Would you accept the risk?

Yep. Hey, if I win, can I go again for another million? There's still nine perfectly good guns sitting on this table.

13) Someone very close to you is in pain, paralyzed, and you 'somehow' know for certain that they will die within a month. He begs you to give him a fast-acting, painless poison so that he can die. No one else would ever know. Would you?

Of course. I'm not that heartless.

14) If you could have free, unlimited service for five years from an extremely good cook, chauffeur, or masseuse, which would you choose?

Masseuse. I love to drive and apparantly now have earned two or three million dollars for nice restarants from the previous questions.

15) Do you feel ill at ease going out to see a movie by yourself?

I would love to go to a movie by myself. Just once...

16) Do you feel ill at ease going out to dinner at a resturaunt by yourself?

Ditto.

17) For $35,000 USD, would you go for three months without washing, brushing your teeth, or using deodorant? Assume you could not explain your reasons to anyone until after the three months is up.

Hmmm, I have already earned millions from the earlier Qs, now should I be freaky smelly rich guy? Not for $35,000. I would be earning interest that fast.

18) Would you be willing to have your left middle finger surgically removed if it 'somehow' guaranteed you immunity from all diseases?

Where's the knife?

19) You 'somehow' know for certain that you will die of an incurable disease within three months. Would you allow yourself to be cryogenically frozen *within the week* if you knew it would give you a modest chance of being revived in 1,000 years and living a greatly extended life?

Man, just when you strike it rich, the icy hand of death closes in. That sucks! Strangely, I have always wanted to see the future, so why the heck not. Zip lock and freeze, please.

20) You are leading 100 people in a survivalist situation, when suddenly your lives are in danger and you must choose between two courses of action. One would cause 10 of the people to die and everyone else would live, the other would have a 70% chance of saving everyone but were it to fail then everyone would die. Which would you choose?

70%. If I fail, neither I nor they will know the difference nor care. But I like the odds enough to try.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Silverback Registered Senior Member

Hey! Wait a second! How can I die of an incurable disease in Q19 if I cut off my middle finger in question 18?! Ah HA! A loophole!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

You are now entering... the Twilight Zone! *scary repetitive music starts*

8. Morteza Olangui Enemy of the people Registered Senior Member

Hi:

For the time being, for your questions No 8 and No 20 I say : To be or not to be, that is the question.
    Would you please say what do you mean by "our culture" in No 5? We live in different parts of the world with different cultures.
    Would you please read the thread "...characterics of a good thread"! thanks

9. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Okay, time for me to answer.

1) NO ENTERTAINMENT?! Hell no.
    2) I won't be releasing it commercially for sure. I'll just suggest the medication with prescribtion.
    3) Well, it heavily depends on lots of things........
    4) Hmmm..... would 1 million bucks enough to bring all my relatives outta my home country? If yes, I'll no longer know anyone living in the country, otherwise, well...... can I ask for 1 billion?
    5) don't ask about that......
    6) Hell no. ^ months is too long. I think I wouldn't mind if it were just for a day, cuz soon I could forget it....
    7) I am miserly.....
    8) Hey, point out that kid to me and lemme decide later......
    9) Of course I want to be rich!
    10) That's too costly........
    11) Talk about love........ if I love her to death, fine, otherwise, I'll send her to grave to end her pain.

12) Too costly, again....
    13) no problem.
    14) I'm hungry......
    15) If you mean whether I hate going out alone, no.
    16) What would you think if I say I'll throw any 'table-mate' outta the window?
    17) 3 months without deodorant maybe fine, but 3 months with all those stuffs? No
    18) Another costly offer.....
    19) OF COURSE!!!
    20) Since I always lose the gamble of life, I'll..................... choose to try the 70% chance.... maybe I'll end up dead too......

10. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

1) Would you be willing to spend a night alone in a remote house that is supposedly haunted, just for the sake of it? (knowing nothing more about the history of the house than that) There is no electricity though there is running water and other utilities, and you can bring your own flashlight and/or lantern and such. The nearest neighbors live 5 miles away.

Yes, I do not believe in ghosts. I will bring my camera. Maybe I will manage to produce a picture of a ghost and can sell it to some website.

2) If a new medicine were developed that would cure arthritis but cause a fatal reaction in 1% of those who took it, would you want it to be released to the public?

Sure, if people are not forced to take it.

3) You discover that your wonderful one-year-old child is, because of a mix-up at the hospital, not yours. What would you do? Would you want to exchange the child to try to correct the "mistake"?

It is my child if I have taken care of it for a year.

4) Would you accept $1,000,000 in U.S. dollars (or the equivelant in whatever currency) to leave your country and never set foot in it again?

I would do it for less too.

male gender

6) (For this question, if you're currently in a mate relationship then answer as if you were single) You have the chance to meet someone with whom you can have the most satisfying love imaginable -- the stuff of dreams. However, you know that in six months the person will have sex with someone else, and then when you eventually find out they will leave you for them and want nothing more to do with you. Knowing the pain that would follow, would you still want to meet the person and fall in love and experience the 6 months of bliss? You would forget your foreknowledge of the events in store for you, too.

yes

7) If you knew of a way to use your estate, following your death, to greatly benefit all of humanity, would you do it and leave only a minimal amount (10%) to your family?
    No, humanity should help themselves. There is plenty of money around that could help humanity. Mine won't make much difference on the grand scale of things.

8) Would you be willing to murder an innocent person if it would 'somehow' end all hunger in the world?

No, since no murder will ever end all hunger in the world. It would therefore be a trick to make me a murderer.

9) Would you rather be given $10,000 for your own use, or be able to give $1000 anonymously to 100 strangers? You can't pick who it's given to, though you know that all of the people could really use the money.

I need the 10.000 as much as 10 strangers need 1000.

10) Would you be willing to give up half of what you now own (randomly selected) for a pill that would permanently change you so that one hour of sleep each day would fully refresh you?

I only own a laptop and a MD player and some clothes. I will readily give that up.

11) If the person you were engaged to marry had an accident and became a paraplegic, would you go through with the marriage or back out of it?

I doubt we would marry, since our relationship would probably completely change willingly, or unwillingly.

12) You are offered $1,000,000 USD (or the equivalent in whatever currency) for the following act: Before you are ten pistols -- only one of which is loaded. You must pick up one of the pistols, point it at your forehead, and pull the trigger. If you can do this and walk away you do so a millionaire. Would you accept the risk?

No. It is not worth it.

13) Someone very close to you is in pain, paralyzed, and you 'somehow' know for certain that they will die within a month. He begs you to give him a fast-acting, painless poison so that he can die. No one else would ever know. Would you?

Of course, but I would move them to Holland and give them proper supervision of a doctor for the euthanasia.

14) If you could have free, unlimited service for five years from an extremely good cook, chauffeur, or masseuse, which would you choose?

Cook.

No, I do it all the time, since I do not have a TV. It's just entertainment. I know I have friends. I don't have to drag them along to the movies just because some people are insecure about themselves and think you can't go to the movies alone.

No, do it all the time. See previous answer. I don't always want to cook for myself and sometimes you have to treat yourself to something nice. You only live once.

17) For $35,000 USD, would you go for three months without washing, brushing your teeth, or using deodorant? Assume you could not explain your reasons to anyone until after the three months is up.

No, feels like to much work.

18) Would you be willing to have your left middle finger surgically removed if it 'somehow' guaranteed you immunity from all diseases?

It is a trick since that could never work, hence no.

19) You 'somehow' know for certain that you will die of an incurable disease within three months. Would you allow yourself to be cryogenically frozen *within the week* if you knew it would give you a modest chance of being revived in 1,000 years and living a greatly extended life?

not really.

I am never leading. I would leave the group and take my own chances.

Last edited: May 17, 2004
  11. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

1) I wouldn't do it just because it was there.

2) No.

3) No. What's the difference?

4) Hell no.

5) Which gender do you think has it easier in our culture? Yes.

6) That's pretty dumb. Of course you can meet the person, go through the relationship, and prevent it from happening.

7) Yes. I would probably really only need less than 1% to support my family.

8) Never.

9) $10,000 for my self duh.

10) Hell ya.

11) Go through.

12) No. What the hell for? The odds are not worth the payout.

13) Never ever ever ever.

14) The masseuse.

15) No.
    16) No.

17) No.

18) No.

19) Sure.

20) Totally the second choice.

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

1) Night in house supposedly haunted

No. Not just for the sake of it. You've got it wrong. These offers are supposed to involve some kind of compensation to make it worth my trouble. Why miss a night with my family and spend it somewhere miserable just because I know there's no such thing as a haunted house?

2) Medicine to cure arthritis but fatal reaction in 1%

Yes. Let each individual with arthritis make his own decision. You obviously don't know too many people with advanced cases of arthritis if you don't think many of them would be delighted with these odds. Some days having arthritis feels worse than being dead.

3) Child, because of mix-up, not yours. Correct the "mistake"?

3. No opinion. Too many unspecified variables. Does the other family know? How do they feel about it? Questions of this type are pointless anyway. Nobody can predict how they would react in a situation that will evoke powerful emotions.

4) $1,000,000 to leave your country

No. A million bucks isn't what it used to be. It's barely enough to retire in the U.S., added to the assets I already have. It's certainly not enough to set up a brand new life in any developed country that would be comfortable enough to leave this life behind. Add a couple of zeros and you'll get more takers.

5) Which gender has it easier

No opinion. Nobody has it easy in the USA any more. That question is so September tenth.

6) Most satisfying love imaginable, in six months they will betray you

No. Been there, done that, and it was five years. Nobody in their right mind should sign up for that for only six bloody months.

7) Use your estate for humanity, 10% to family

No. The way the question is worded it is only meaningful if I will have at least one surviving family member, and only one living person qualifies: my wife. She needs the community property, and I know that when she finally dies she will leave what's left to charity.

8) Murder an innocent person to end hunger

Yes. Soldiers do worse stuff than that for less payoff every day. It's called "collateral damage." I'm giving a rather simple-minded answer in the spirit of your rather simple-minded question. I'd be much more comfortable if the innocent person were in on the plot. Millions of people would volunteer to be the martyr. If you make me the innocent person instead of the killer it would be an easy Yes.

9) $10,000 for your own use or give $1000 to 100 strangers

No opinion. It's not enough money either way to do enough good to raise the issue of situational ethics.

10) Give up half of what you own so one hour of sleep would be enough

No. More waking hours is not anywhere in my top 100 list of things I desperately want. I have plenty of time to do the things I need to do and want to do but losing half of my net worth would make it impossible to retire.

11) Person you were engaged to became a paraplegic, go through or back out

No opinion. This is another of those cases where if it really happened, it would evoke such strong and conflicting emotions that nobody can accurately predict how they would behave. Not to mention that the way the betrothed feels about it should be a really important factor in the decision.

12) $1,000,000 for a complicated version of Russian roulette

No. Lykan, you just have to get outside more! The 1950s are way behind us. A million dollars simply is not an awful lot of money these days. There are too many "millionaires" to count and most of them are nowhere near a life of luxury. A lot of unremarkable middle class people have nearly half that much equity in their houses.

13) Mercy killing of terminally ill person in pain

Yes. And I don't care who knows except the stupid damn meddling government. This is clearly an act of kindness and anyone who doesn't understand that had better not be one of my relatives when my time comes!

14) Good cook, chauffeur, or masseuse

The cook. My wife is a better cook than the one you'll find (and she loves doing it), but she deserves some time off.

15) Ill at ease going out to see a movie by yourself

No.

16) Ill at ease going out to dinner at a resturaunt by yourself

No.

17) For $35,000 become a slob for three months

No. Wake up! Even the million dollars you were offering earlier isn't enough money to do anything foolish. $35K will hardly buy a nice car, much less undo the damage to my career and friendships.

18) Trade finger for immunity from all diseases

Yes.

19) Cryonic suspension

Yes. If I don't like life when I wake up, I hope I will have the option of suicide. But again your question is oversimplified. The earth could be overwhelmed with corpsicles and make life harder for the living.

20) 10 of 100 people die or 70% chance of saving everyone

The first option. All I have to go on is the math. But again your statement is oversimplified. If I'm really the "leader," then I would be applying my own style of leadership, which would be to let the poor suckers vote on their own fate.

These questions aren't so easy to set up, are they?

13. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Is the house nice? Is there a swimming pool or something? geeze, I don't give a rats about alleged ghosts, I just don't want to be bored for no reason, I think I'll stay home, unless the house is really nice with nice gardens or something.

Yes, there is no need for people to be suffering from athritus, it serves no purpose I can think of so I have no problem with curing it. Killing 1% of athritus sufferers would just be a bonus.

I guess I would, I don't know where my current kid(in this scenario)'s ancestry has been. He could turn out to be a total fuckhead. I'll take my actual child, at least he should be something like me(ie awesome)

Thats rough, I don't want to leave but I just know I'd really regret not accepting this offer to the point it would drive me insane. If the money was enough to fullfill my dreams(like 50 million +) I'd do it in a heartbeat. As it stands I'm not sure, I don't want this to ever be offered.

No difference at all, it varies from individual to individual. Women always have the option to marry a rich old man and live the easiest life in the world so I guess I'd say women.

No, only because I don't care for spending time with anyone for 6 months.

Fuck humanity, I'd use all my money to make wells for desert elephants in africa. Its just not right how far they have to walk for a drink.

Hmm, thats a tough one, on the one hand i want to murder an innocent person, but on the other hand I couldn't live with myself if I interupted nature and called "recess" on her lessons.
    I'll spare the innocents life so as not to ruin the planet... damn it

I really wanted to kill that stupid innocent person.

hahaha
    Thats very funny. If someone said to me, "with your consent, we will give a hundred needy people a thousand dollars, what do you say?" I'd say "no, i do not condone that"
    Even if that meant no one got the money. There is no chance that the hundred people were the kind of people I would want to have money. So no freaking way.

No, like I give a shit about that. Sounds like something the elderly would be interested in though.

It would piss me off alot, not many things are as much of a downer as someone in a wheelchair. If I decided to stay I would start to despise her anyway for making life less bright, so I'm gone.

Yeah, the only reason i would hesitate is how embarrassing it would be to get the wrong gun. Everyone would have a good old laugh is loser mclamo shot himself in the head trying to get a million bucks. If there is no crowd, then yes without question, if there is a crowd, still yes, but not as enthusiastically.

Anyone that says no to that is a moron. Unless you hate the guy and want him to continue writhing in pain.

Chaffeur or cook, I can't decide, probably chaffeur, yes actually definately chaffeur, what am I thinking? Fuck yeah.

No, nor do I feel at ease going to see a movie with friends.

See above.

Can I be a hermit for three months? I couldn't do it otherwise unfortunately, even as a hermit would be tough, i hate being dirty for any longer than 8 hours. Its fun being dirty for 8 hours, after that it quickly becomes shit. Just a little thing I've figured out over the years.

What counts as a disease? I don't know, being an amputee would be pretty embarrassing.

Once upon a time I would have said no, now I say yes. But i still definately want to die some day.

It would honestly depend completely on which action caused me more pleasure, you know if the first action is sliding down a cool slide and being launched off a water fall into awesome water and the second action is holding hands and hiding in a cave for 2 hours, I would definately choose the first one.
    Couldn't care less about the lives of others, I wouldn't consider that a deciding factor.

14. Morteza Olangui Enemy of the people Registered Senior Member

Hi:

To questions 10 and 12, my answers are NO and Yes, respectively.

quack - quack, thanks

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

You refuse to answer the other questions out of sciforum principle?

16. My Sexy Blue Feet Out sunbaking, leave a msg... Registered Senior Member

1. only if i could take someone wit me
    2. no
    3. No, i would keep the one i had.
    4.Yes
    5.Females
    6. Yes. Better to have loved and lost......
    7. Definetly
    8. Yes
    9. 100 strangers
    10. no
    11. i'd like to say i'd continue it, but i know it'd be hard, so i'm going to say i'd try as hard as i could
    12. yes, id do it
    13.Yes. it is they're decision, not mine
    14. Masseuse, with a chef in close second
    15. not in the least
    16. nope. I got a book
    17. na, i'm not that desperate for money
    18. only if i would eventually would die one day. Immortality is dull after a time
    19. na, it'd be too strange to continue
    20. allow 10 people to die

17. oscar confusoid Registered Senior Member

King Chicken says: No.

No, if the cure was discovered, they can definitely improve on it.

Hell yeah.

Leave America? Of course!

Theoretically none. But long live the White Male American [/sarcasm]

King Love Chicken says: No.

Land never did anything for anyone, but for what it's worth yes I'd give it for "the sake of humanity".

You mean the big ole fatso that took my sandwhich last week? Yeah.

Yeah, give it to them.

Hell no, I need my precious sleep. Wouldn't trade it for a million bucks either.

I would become paraplegic and marry her

Yeah, either way it'd be the end of my misery. 8-P

No. I'd hate to deprive everyone of such person's company at any rate.

Cook!

He should be able to buy the supplies too 8-P

Done it. And it doesn't stop at movies: Electroclubs, concerts, dinner, café, Barnes and Noble, the Mall, ya name it 8-D

To quote Speed Levitch: "...and on Romantic Evenings of Self, I go Salsa dancing with my confusion."

Yes. Please refer to item 15 for further information. Stock number 7465463-645-424. Void where prohibited. Contact your local agent blah blah blah

Stop suggesting all this BS to the public. Some twat could sell this idea to a Major TV Network for the upcoming "oh so cool, newest most impressive Reality Show"

Yeah, after all I'm no leftie hehehe

Nah, that's boring. I'd rather die in my own time.

Second one.

*phew* I'm done...so..I'm on day 4 without taking a shower, how about a $ 1000 advance for now?

Dear god, how many smilies are you limited to? I had to edit this sh*t so much times already *cry*

18. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i can work or....

1) sure, but does anyone know i'll be staying there? i wouldn't be afraid of ghosts but there are a lot of dishonorable people who would take advantage of the fact that the nearest neighbor is 5 miles away and i'd be all alone.

2) sure. that's better than many drugs out there

3) after a year, all the damage (bonding) is done. i'd of course contact the other family so we could keep in touch and raise our children somewhat together. at the very least, get medical information.

4) hell yeah. goodbye oosa. i'd do this voluntarily.

5) male

6) yes.

7) it would depend on how much it benefits all of humanity. sure i could leave everything to the wwf and screw over my family but i wouldn't.

8) magically end world hunger. assuming this magic situation, yeah ok.

9) give it away. 10,000 isn't much anyway.

10) no. what's wrong with sleeping for hours on end?

11) marry

12) no. 1 million isn't much these days. i'm not desperate enough to gamble for only a million. any amount of money for that matter. it's just money.

13) yes. i'd have to be an asshole to stand by while he goes on suffering for a month.

14) masseuse. i cook for myself and prefer walking but it's hard to massage yourself.

15) i don't recall ever having done it but it theory i don't see the problem. it's not like you're going to talk to the other person and if you do i will likely throw things at you.

16) a nice sit-down restaurant, yes. you go for the company. if i was alone, i'd get it to go and find myself a nice piece of park to enjoy it.

17) instead of your current job or in addition to? if it were to replace your current 3 month salary and you wouldn't have to work otherwise, sure. if it's while you are working then what's the point? not enough money.

18) i like my finger and i need to go somehow. can't live forever. might as well be intact until i go.

19) no

20) gamble

19. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

------
    see no logic why I should do that

------
    arthritis can be cured by other means. I say release, but people know of the possible outcome

-------
    yes, exchange. only clean family genes in the family

-------
    nope

-------
    each has it's own advantages. none

--------
    I wouldn't fall in love, if I knew the outcome, but I'd meet just for the sake of sport

-------
    sure

-------
    no, hunger makes people want for smthing better. it moves advancement

--------
    I know how to use that money myself. gimme gimme gimme

--------
    yes. longer conscious life

---------
    I wouldn't go for the marriage in the first place. hate that institution. but I don't think I'd back out.

---------
    no

----------
    yes, I would

----------
    masseuse

-----------
    I don't go to the movies, but I wouldn't feel ill

----------
    no

---------
    no

---------
    why not. I could probably learn to type without it. and with that immunity I'd have a lot longer life

--------
    why not, though it'd pain much if revived and I'd maybe go insane, but... I'd go for it

--------
    the first one seems good. 10 die

20. Lemming3k Insanity Gone Mad Registered Senior Member

1. Not when theres nothing in it for me.
    2. Yes, they should be told the risks then its up to them if they take it, at least they should get the choice.
    3. Yes, and i'd sue for compensation.

4. If i had a visa(or whatever) to live in another country and could take my girlfriend then yes.
    5. It depends what culture you mean, its different depending on the country.
    6. No it could never be love if they was going to leave.
    7. Depends exactly how it would benefit all humanity.
    8. Not someone innocent, i dont have a right to kill them and besides someone else might do it so hunger could still end.
    9. I'd have the 10,000 and give 1000 away, everyones happy then.
    10. No because everyone else would still need sleep and i'd be on my own every night.
    11. Go through with it, easy decision.
    12. The odds are good but my luck is bad, depends if i need the money or not and what my girlfriend thinks.
    13. I'd help them do everything they always wanted to then if they was still in a lot of pain i'd help them again.
    14. Cook, i dont have a use for the others.
    15. I dont enjoy going anyways, and its easier to rent a movie out.
    16. Depends what kind of restaurant, again its not something i enjoy anyways and its easier to get a take away.
    17. Nah, i'd like to keep my girlfriend and i doubt she'd appreciate it.
    18. No, im gonna need it to stick up at the jerks they let loose on the roads.
    19. Only if my girlfriend did the same, so i doubt it.
    20. Depends who's in the group, if there was 10 ppl i hate why not let them die? Or if i didnt wanna lose any of the group then try save them all.

21. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

YES, only if I had a BRIGHT lamp

Yes, as long as they know the risks before they take it

I would keep the child if it is "wonderful" if it was not, then maybe I would reconsider...

Hell yeah, even though it would be hard to leave Canada, I could always go to a tropical location... or Germany

In most cultures, being a man is easier

The forgetting part makes it difficult, but I have to say Yes, I would go for it

What family? It would depend on the benifits to humanity that it offers.

I would get a hungry person to eat the innocent one, I really don't know

My own use

Yes, think of the overtime I could work and get all my stuff back!

If they still were "sentient", then I would go through with it.

yes

It depends on the person, but I probably wouldn't in most cases

Masseuse

No

Yes

no

no, I couldn't give the finger anymore

Yes

I hate this question, I have seen it before. I would probably go with the 70%

22. pavlosmarcos It's all greek to me Registered Senior Member

1) yes

2) yes

3) no / but I would be interested to know how my biological child was being treated by his new parents

4) yes /without question I am international not national

5) women

6) yes as you would’nt know would you

7) yes and my family know I would

8) I could not kill at all but if it was for the greater good then I would have to say yes to this question and just hope I am never put in that position

9) i would prefer the latter and give to others

10) no what for who would it benefit apart from me

11) if you love them it should not matter . your not worth shit if you walk away

12) no it’s only money no amount his worth dieing for

13) I could not as I said in question 8 life is sacred I would try to ease his pain but I could not kill

14)the cook but I would still want to give in return

15) no

16) no

17) its only money it’s not worth it theres no point losing your hair or teeth

18) yes to live longer and help more has got to be good

19) if it happens it happens it’s as it should be

20) the latter better a chance for all

23. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

1) No

2) Yes

3) Yes

4) Yes

5) Male

6) No

7) No

8) Yes

9) $10,000 for my own use

10) Yes

11) I would go through with the marriage.

12) I would not.

13) Yes

14) I'd choose the cook.

15) Yes... this isn't a hypothetical question.

16) No... this also isn't a hypothetical question.

17) No

18) Yes

19) Yes

20) I'd choose for ten people to die.