2014 ghost photos

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

It was just an example. I named two possibilites. That you haven't ruled out by the way. Yes, that's YOUR job, not mine.
    Meanwhile, you are blatantly claiming that these photos show ghosts without even trying to back that up.
    If your next post is in the same gist as your previous ones this was my last here.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Yeah..lot's of photos of God out there. lol!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You're making a claim. Prove it.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

LOL! Such are the torturous frustrations of trying to deny the evidence..Goodbye Enmos!

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

And here's a counterfeit 100 dollar bill, proving that all 100 dollar bills are fake. lol!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Quick poll: does anyone believe MR actually believes the things he is saying?

My opinion is that while it is possible that he is as spectacularly gullible as he projects, the trolling is a different issue entirely. Since I don't believe the trolling posts are real, I don't think there is anything to respond to in them.

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Nawww..Afterall, who would believe actual photos of unexplained phenomena? Earthquake lights? Must be fake. Will o' wisps? Just an artifact of the moonlight. Ball lightning? A hoax! St. Elmo's fire? CGI effects. Anything can be faked these days. Must all be fake then eh? lol!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  12. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I believe he really is that gullible, I know it seems incredible, but I think he really is.

edit to add: responses are futile...

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Typical personal attack on me from..you guessed it...origin again.

14. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

The burden of proof arguments stale. Since it's proven that people can double expose actual film or photoshop through the usage of digital photography, there are plenty of "Proof of concepts" in how to make a ghost picture.

For instance, Proof of Real Portal device? or a Dreamworks CGI technician learning new tricks?
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/video-news/video-3yearold-boy-with-a-real-portal-gun-30337664.html

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

People also tell the truth all the time. And we take their word for it unless we have a reason to doubt them. That's how the real world runs, not your paranoid movie world where people are all scam artists just trying to fool each other.

Seriously? When someone tells you about something that happened to them or shows you a pic they took, do YOU doubt them? No you don't. Nobody does that shit because frankly it's paranoid and expressive of a neurotic suspicion that probably requires meds. It's called the benefit of the doubt. And just because their photo is of something we don't see everyday doesn't mean we can abridge this basic social protocol.

You can't learn anything unless you believe the presenter of the data. That goes for everything, even science. According to your theory we should doubt everything on the TV news, in magazines, in the newspapers, on Wikipedia, etc. simply because it COULD be faked. That's absurd. You'd be so behind in knowing any facts that you'd never be able to say anything for sure.

A photo of a ghost IS extraordinary evidence. Short of actually having the ghost materialize before you, it doesn't get much better than this.

If they presented me with photos of God or the Virgin Mary I'd certainly consider it. Turns out there are no such photos because that just never happens. So you're raising a big fat old strawman.

If these photos showed smears or smudges in glass that merely looked like faces or figures, then I'd reject them. But most the photos posted show 3D freefloating apparitions of clearly human forms. So they ARE compelling evidence for paranormal entities.

Oh ok. So some are lying, some are mistaken, and some are just plain nuts. And you know this about them exactly HOW?

Then don't make the claim that ghost photos ARE fraud. Just saying it could be faked is NOT evidence it is faked. You'll need to examine each case individually and tell us why it is a fraud in your opinion. But see, you're not going to do that because that would mean actually examining the data for yourself instead of making baseless generalizations about people you don't even know from the comfort of your own living room. It would require effort on your part. And that's not something you're willing to invest because you happen to know there's no such things as ghosts. It's a dogmatic credo for you, based totally on faith.

You can say these aren't ghosts because not doing so would be admitting there IS evidence for ghosts and then that'd mean ghosts would suddenly be a rational explanation for all these consistent worldwide reports and photos and videos. And once again, there are fakers in every field. But that doesn't delegitimize the field. If there are medical quacks, does that mean medicine is a pseudoscience? No..It has no bearing on the credibility of real medicine at all. There could be 99 quacks and 1 real one. And all it takes to prove a ghost is just that one. Just one that's all. I have provided far more than that.

16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

But surely you can tell if a photo is double exposed digitally? Then there are others that show signs of realness--shadows, lighting, occlusion of backgrounds. IOW, each pic must be analyzed before it can be declared a fake. You can't just say it COULD be fake and leave it at that.

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

18. Balerion Banned Banned

Again, I don't have to prove it was a hoax. I'm not the one making the claim. You asked for what else the picture could be, so I told you. Don't be so infantile.

It's true. Let's examine your behavior in this thread: Total credulity, burden-shifting, and childish tantrums. That's precisely how a religious zealot behaves when their irrational beliefs are questioned. And you know this, because you're often quite critical of those who believe in the god of Abraham for the same reasons.

And I'm still waiting for you to answer the questions you keep ducking. Did you really think I'd let you get off that easy? Let's try again:

Would you believe God existed if they provided a picture claiming to be of God itself? What of the people who claim to see the image of mary in glass? Do you also take them at their word? Why or why not?

19. Balerion Banned Banned

"Signs of realness?"

I literally did a spit take when I read that! LOL!

You have no idea what you're talking about. You don't even know what double exposure is, and now you're claiming that bloody shadows are signs that the picture wasn't doctored?! LOLLLL!

Zealotry at its most desperate.

20. Balerion Banned Banned

You have plenty of reason to distrust someone who is making an extraordinary claim.

If someone told you they just went to the moon, would you just take them at their word?

:facepalm:

As anyone with a functioning brain would attest, it entirely depends on context. As in, who is telling me, and what are they telling me. There isn't anything that could be said by anyone that, under certain circumstances, could never be doubted. Whether someone says they just got back from lunch, or says they just got back from Mars, there are any number of reasons they could be lying. (Imagine your friend has an eating disorder; it stands to reason they might be lying about having just eaten)

I can't believe this needs to be explained to you again.

It's expressive of not being a gullible twit. I mean, do you really just believe everything anyone says to you?

The benefit of the doubt is something that is earned, not given. A close friend, a trusted family member--certainly not a complete stranger making extraordinary claims.

This "social protocol" doesn't apply here. We're not talking about your wife's assurances she mailed that check in time. We're talking about total strangers claiming to have photographed ghosts.

That's the single dumbest thing I've ever read. No exaggeration. (You have to believe me; after all, I said it!)

No, really. The dumbest thing I've ever read. In my life.

It's so dumb, I don't even know how to respond to it. This really is a first-principles thing. If you can't fathom the concept of how we learn things, or why certain sources are more trustworthy than others, there's really no help for you.

And of course you should doubt things you read in magazines or on the internet! I mean, are you really that gullible? If it's on Wikipedia, it must be true?? Is Fox News gospel to you, then?

Christ, you are the most gullible person I've ever encountered! We shouldn't question what we see on TV??

Not unless you can verify the authenticity of the photo, and rule out all other possibilities. Can you do that?

Oh, to the contrary, my gullible friend, many images exist of Mary.

Or they just show humans. The only reason you call them evidence for ghosts is because someone told you that's what they are. That is, by definition, not evidence. It's hearsay.

Becuase we have countless examples of obvious fakes, of obvious misunderstandings, and of people who are just plain nuts. It's up to you to show us what makes any of these claims different.

So now let's turn the question to you; How do you know they're not any of those things?

I'm not saying they're all frauds. I'm saying none of them depict ghosts. You've given me no reason to believe otherwise. "Because they said so" is not compelling.

And again, no, the burden of proof is on you, not me. You're only trying to shift it to me because you have no proof to show.

Why is it okay when you do that, though? I mean, you accept all of these people at their word. That is, by your own definition, and baseless generalization. So why is okay for you, but not for me?

Typical religionist bullshit. Trying to paint rational skepticism as faith doesn't work for them, it certainly won't work for you.

There is no evidence. You have pictures you pulled from the internet. You can't verify theri authenticity, you can't even verify the identity of the alleged photographers. This is just you finding comfort in your religion.

21. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

LOL! I have to keep dragging you back into the real world. Who goes around saying they just went to the moon? How many times in your life have you encountered someone with an extraordinary claim, and a photograph, who was just lying to you. It's not happening. People aren't going around making up shit just for the fun of it. And people don't go public with stories about ghosts unless there's good reason for them to do so. The amount of ridicule alone they expose themselves to would prevent them from doing so. So we end up with the really good photos--photos by people who are strongly convinced they've captured something paranormal and that have been vetted by the online paranormal and skeptical community as being authentic. That's what I've posted here. See again the pic of that old woman with her dead husband behind her. See the wildlife cam pic of the luminious figure (lighted foliage and all)..

Once again we don't live in a reality where people claim they just got back from Mars. Unless you live in an insane asylum. MOST people are rational decent humans who have a good grasp on what is real and what's not real. Otherwise they tend to get selected out as being nuts or unreliable in some way. THAT'S the context we are dealing with here. Not your movie reality where everyone's running around nuts.

I don't doubt a person unless there are red flags. No red flags? I give them the benefit of the doubt.

You seriously don't believe anybody who hasn't earned your trust? That means everything a stranger tells you is doubtful. A woman screaming rape in an alley? A guy in the coffee shop who says it's supposed to rain today. What a sad and uncertain little world you live in..

We're talking about hundreds of people every year who come up with photos, quite by accident, of the same sort of phenomena. We're talking about people who are vetted by the people who view their photos for signs of nuttiness and deception. And we're talking about a phenomenon that has been confirmed in many other ways by paranormal investigators with evps, emf measurements, video and photo evidence, moving of objects, and numerous eyewitness accounts over the years. THAT'S the real world. The one where paranormal phenomena DO exist and so provide a very plausible explanation for the anomalies in the photos.

So when you first heard of 911, you didn't believe the newscaster? When reports of a meteorite in Russia were aired, you didn't believe it? When the weatherman says it's a 90% chance of rain, you think he's lying. You're delusional. How do you get out the door in the morning? There's not one fragment of information we receive everyday that we don't take on faith and trust in the person reporting it. And no..NOBODY doubts the newscast, unless they're paranoid schizophrenics who are just trying to survive in their conspiratorial world of sinister conmen.

Already been done by others. That's why the photos make it to the top of internet lists for the best and most convincing photos.

I've never seen glowing, transparent, or morphing humans before.

Those pics don't even make it past the first line of paranormal vetters.

See statement above..

You have no evidence for it being anything other than what it appears to be--a ghost. So why should I have to convince you it isn't?

Because apparently I live in the real world where nuts aren't running around claiming crazy things and faking pics of ghosts just for the hell of it. People are generally quite reliable, unless proven otherwise.

But then your the one who happens to KNOW there's no evidence for ghosts, despite the fact that there are tons of evidence for them all over the internet. That smells suspiciously like denialism to me, similar to other denialisms like creationism, anti-vacciners, 911 deniers, holocaust deniers, AIDS deniers, and global warming deniers. IOW, keep spouting absolute statements like "There is NO evidence" while never looking at any of the evidence. Oh and look! Here it comes now:

"In human behavior, denialism is exhibited by individuals choosing to deny reality as a way to avoid dealing with an uncomfortable truth.[1] Author Paul O'Shea remarks, "[It] is the refusal to accept an empirically verifiable reality. It is an essentially irrational action that withholds validation of a historical experience or event".[2] Author Michael Specter defined group denialism as "when an entire segment of society, often struggling with the trauma of change, turns away from reality in favor of a more comfortable lie."---http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denialism

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Some well-vetted ghost photo classics:

"In 1996, Ike Clanton thought it would be a pretty cool idea to deck himself out in cowboy attire and have his friend snap a picture of him while he stood in Boothill Graveyard in the famous Tombstone, Arizona. Upon examining the picture Clanton noticed a man in the background of the photo that was not there when the photograph was taken. Clanton was intrigued by this and set out to recreate the photo with a friend standing in the background and discovered it was impossible to recreate the picture without having the legs visible."

"Rev. Ralph Hardy, a retired clergyman from White Rock, British Columbia, took this now-famous photograph in 1966. He intended merely to photograph the elegant spiral staircase (known as the "Tulip Staircase") in the Queen's House section of the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich, England. Upon development, however, the photo revealed a shrouded figure climbing the stairs, seeming to hold the railing with both hands. Experts, including some from Kodak, who examined the original negative concluded that it had not been tampered with. It's been said that unexplained figures have been seen on occasion in the vicinity of the staircase, and unexplained footsteps have also been heard.

Interesting side note: This photo isn't the only evidence of ghostly activity at the Queen's House. The 400-year-old building is credited with several other apparitions and phantom footsteps even today. Recently, a Gallery Assistant was discussing a tea break with two colleagues when he saw one of the doors to the Bridge Room close by itself. At first he thought it was one of the lecturers. "Then I saw a woman glide across the balcony, and pass through the wall on the west balcony," he said. "I couldn't believe what I saw. I went very cold and the hair on my arms and my neck stood on end. We all dashed through to the Queen's Presents Room and looked down towards the Queen's Bedroom. Something passed through the ante-room and out through the wall. Then my colleagues all froze too. The lady was dressed in a white-grey colour crinoline type dress."

Other ghostly goings-on include the unexplained choral chanting of children, the figure of a pale woman frantically mopping blood at the bottom of the Tulip Staircase (it's said that 300 years ago a maid was thrown from the highest banister, plunging 50 feet to her death), slamming doors, and even tourists being pinched by unseen fingers."

"Mrs. Mabel Chinnery was visiting the grave of her mother one day in 1959. She had brought along her camera to take photographs of the gravesite. After snapping a few shots of her mother's gravestone, she took an impromptu photo of her husband, who was waiting alone in the car. At least the Chinnerys thought he was alone.
    When the film was developed, the couple was more than surprised to see a figure wearing glasses sitting in the back seat of the car. Mrs. Chinnery immediately recognized the image of her mother – the woman whose grave they had visited on that day. A photographic expert who examined the print determined that the image of the woman was neither a reflection nor a double exposure. "I stake my reputation on the fact that the picture is genuine," he testified."

This amazing photo was taken by photographer and graphic designer Neil Sandbach in 2008. Neil was photographing some scenic shots at a farm Hertfordshire, England, as part of a project for wedding stationery; the couple planned to have their wedding ceremony held there.

Later, Neil was astonished when he examined the digital photo on his computer. There, as if peeking around a corner at him, is a ghostly, white, almost glowing figure of what looks like a child. Neil says he is quite sure there was no one there at the time.

There is further corroboration that this is a true ghost photo. Neil had shown the couple the anomalous photo, and before the wedding they asked the staff at the farm if they had ever had any spooky experiences there. They did not mention Neil's photo. Indeed, they admitted that the figure of a young boy, dressed in white night clothes, had been seen on several occasions around the barn.

Apparently, this is the ghost that Neil photographed."

"These photos were taken by Guy Winters when he and friend were investigating the O'Hare mansion in Greencastle, Indiana. They were told about the old abandoned house by another friend who said he and his girlfriend were scared away from it by some ghostly entity. So with permission of the owner, Guy and Terry went to explore the property. Armed with video and film cameras, the team spend a couple of days, in both daylight and at night, looking for evidence of possible haunting activity.

The above photos are the remarkable result of a picture Guy took of one of the upstairs windows. The image of a vaporous pink ghostly woman is rather clear. Guy did not see the figure at the time he snapped the photo, but saw it only after the film was developed. An analysis of the film determined that the image is present on the film's negative. The bottom right photo is a digital enhancement, which reveals a skull-like appearance for the ghost's face.

Several other anomalies and paranormal activity were experienced there by Winter's team."

"Mrs. Sayer and some friends were visiting the Fleet Air Arm Station at Yelverton, Somerset, England in 1987 when this photo was taken. They thought it would be cute to take a picture of her sitting in the seat of retired helicopter. No one, Mrs. Sayer insists, was sitting next to her in the pilot's seat... although a figure in a white shirt can clearly be seen sitting there. She told an investigator with the Society for Psychical Research that she remembered feeling rather cold sitting in that seat, even though it was a hot day. Other pictures taken at the same time did not come out.

Worth noting is that the helicopter was used in the Falklands War, but there is no information as to whether or not a pilot died in that aircraft."

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Speaking of ghosts!

"A SPOOKED couple reckon their 17th century pub is haunted after a pint of ale flew off the bar and landed on the floor - without spilling a single drop.

Jenny Heard and Martin McConn laughed off ghost stories after taking over the historic Crow's Nest Inn on Bodmin Moor, in Cornwall.

But within days of their arrival the couple say they witnessed a full pint of Proper Job ale slide off the bar and onto the floor.

When they raced over to inspect the mess they were stunned to find the glass was standing upright on the stone floor and none of the beer had spilled.

As the oldest building in the village that bears its name, the Crow's Nest has long been a focus for thirsty locals and moorland visitors alike, appearing on Joel Gascoyne's famous Map of Cornwall as far back as 1699.

Numerous paranormal events have been chronicled over the years, from a clock that constantly ran ten minutes fast no matter how many times it was wound back, to a bell that was said to ring on its own.

Locals say as many as four separate ghosts haunt the traditional alehouse, including the spectre of a local woman who was murdered in 1844.

Jenny said: "It went terribly cold in the bar all of a sudden. Everybody in the pub just stopped and looked around to see how it could have happened, but the doors were all shut and nobody was standing near the glass at the time it moved.

"A house doesn't get to be this old without retaining a few of its more peculiar features.

"There's room for all of us here and we're looking forward to meeting more of our special guests properly."

Read more: http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Pub...tory-21342659-detail/story.html#ixzz36yfXh05F