2016 Republican Presidential Clown Car Begins!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by joepistole, Jan 30, 2015.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

How strange ... it wasn't so long ago someone was trying to tell me Mr. Trump is a strong campaigner.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

But now that Joe has weighed in with his typical infallibility and prescience, a couple weeks into the three month home stretch, you have been exonerated of your koolaid Clinton gushing?

As I keep repeating: We all hope Donald keeps shooting himself in the foot every week for the next twelve. If he does, Clinton has a good chance of being elected President. If he doesn't - you can't say you weren't warned. Because Clinton is the weakest campaigner I have ever seen nominated by a major Party, and I'm including Dukakis, while the likes of Chuck Todd will jump on any opportunity to make a horse race of this election, and the US media is dominated by them.

Clinton is currently demonstrating intelligence and willingness to take good advice by staying out of the target zone and away from unscripted venues as much as possible. When was her last press conference - December last year? Something like that. Give Trump enough rope and hope he hangs himself is by far her best strategy, imho, And I'm glad she's chosen it. But Trump has to hang himself - Clinton can't do it for him. So cross your fingers.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I seem to recall that too, and I think that someone is knocking on your door. I think he wants some attention.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

The Donald says he thinks Leonardo DiCaprio doesn't look hot anymore.

Since you've brought it up, Donald, you seem to be looking a little bit off-color yourself. But that's old news.

This imagined response to his unrequited, whatever, from Leo:

"Look, Donald, that thing, where you . . ., and I said, . . . I didn't, you know, that was a long time ago, I thought you still had Rudy so it was, you know . . ."

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Well, Growing Pains was a long time ago. Leo isn't beardless, anymore. And he's probably rich enough to not be impressed by a creepy old man like Donald Trump.

10. wellwisher Banned Banned

Deep down Clinton is corrupt, which is why she is afraid to speak off the cuff, to a less than favorable environment. She is not transparent; real, for a reason. Trump speaks off the cuff, allowing us to see what is inside him, even if off base, because he is not trying to hide things. This allows the voter to look inside Trump. What Clinton is doing is smart for her, but not for the voters, since she is too opaque and may not be what she appears to be.

Hillary reminds you of a petty woman at a party, gossiping behind the other women's back, then smiling on script, if they meet, pretending to care about their life. Then back to gossiping about them, after they depart. One is not sure which of the two faces will show up if she is president. Trump is more like one of the loud guys at the party, who if they don't like you, will make it known up front. This may seem vulgar, but he only use one face, making it easer to know who will show up.

11. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Nah, Trump is a spoiled brat. His base is voters with hatred and discontent. Clinton actually cares about people.

Is this a good rebuttal?

12. arfa brane call me arf Valued Senior Member

I think you meant to say apart from all the things Trump is trying to hide, his tax returns, his true worth, his medical condition, he's not trying to hide things.

Can you make sense of the headline: Ann Stupid makes Trump look less Coulter . . .?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    joepistole likes this.
  13. iceaura Valued Senior Member

And when you see what is there, you of course have the good sense to vote for somebody else.

You can't seriously have that in the White House - right?

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Well, sure, if that's the best you can come up with. Kind of like Wellwisher reminds you of a dangerous man at a party, always laboring to convince others he is a decent human being, but always looking for his chance to attack women.

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

She's not transparent...? She has released far more of her personal material than your beloved Trump. She has released several years of her tax returns. She has released her tens of thousands of her personal emails. Thanks to Republicans, she has been investigated by Republican controlled congresses for decades without a shred of evidence. She has actually released an letter from her real physician attesting to her health.

Your man, Trump, hasn't released his taxes. He hasn't released his personal emails, and all he has a letter which is loaded with errors and inaccuracies attesting to his health. Contrary to your assertion, Hillary has been far more open and transparent than your beloved Trump. That's just a simple fact. Now if Trump wants to change any of that, now is the time to do it.

But for you to argue that Hillary is not transparent is just flat out dishonest. I don't think Trump has made any appearances in an media outlet besides Fox after his latest remake. Why would Hillary want to take any attention away from The Donald when his is using all that attention to self destruct as evidenced by all the polling? That's just good politics. It's not Hillary's job to save The Donald's ass.

And as for corruption, after nearly 3 decades of Republican led investigations and tens of millions spent investigating Hillary of everything from simple malfeasance to murder, Republicans have ZERO evidence of corruption or anything else to justify their many allegations. That's just another of those many easily verifiable facts you and those like you like to ignore.

That's not what Hillary reminds me of. She reminds me of the stupidity and immorality of the Republican Party. Hillary has been many things, but two-sided isn't one of them. Let's compare Hillary to Trump, shall we? Hillary has been consistent. She hasn't flipflopped on her issues. Donald and his supporters cannot honestly say that. Donald was for forced deportation squads, now not so much. The Donald has flipflopped on his core issues, and you accuse Hillary of being two-faced? You are not being honest.

douwd20 likes this.
  16. douwd20 Registered Senior Member

And what you see is the biggest demagogue in modern times.

17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

And it just keeps getting more and more interesting and amazing, we now learn Trump's newly minted campaign CEO was arrested for and charged with domestic violence. He threatened his wife should she testify, and guess what, she didn't show up at trial. And apparently he doesn't like Jews. Add to that the fact that Roger Ailes who was forced to resign from Fox News for sexually harassing his employees, and is now helping Trump, a pattern begins to emerge.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    douwd20 likes this.
  18. douwd20 Registered Senior Member

Birds of a feather.....

Outlets seek to unseal Trump’s 1990 divorce records

News organizations are requesting that the New York Supreme Court unseal records from Donald Trump’s 1990 divorce with Ivana Trump in an effort to determine whether the Republican nominee was accused of sexual assault by his ex-wife.​

19. douwd20 Registered Senior Member

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Trump fired one campaign manager because his connections to Putin and corruption became known to the public. And he replaced him with two other men. One, was fired from Fox News for sexual harassment. The other person appears to have committed voter fraud by registering to vote with a false residence, and then their is the matter of his arrest record, including his arrest for beating up his wife.

The Donald likes to say he surrounds himself with the best people. So evidently these are the people Trump thinks are the best people.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/black-progress-how-far-weve-come-and-how-far-we-have-to-go/

douwd20 likes this.
  21. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Here is another funny thing, Trump's economic advisers are the billionaires who are funding his campaign...fancy that.

Trump spokesperson, Katerina Pierson said Trump hasn't changed his position on immigration. He has just changed the words.

That's a good one. I had to smile when I read that one.

22. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Apparently The Donald will do a private and scripted interview at a black church tomorrow. Bishop Wayne T. Jackson, a Trump supporter, will participate in a scripted interview with The Donald tomorrow. You really gotta smile when you see stuff like that. That says The Donald is very much afraid of meeting and talking with black people.

It reminds me of Russian state owned and controlled TV which is another fan of The Donald. Russian state owned and controlled media also does scripted interviews.

23. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Maybe just a quibble, but do you think for one minute that Hillabeast's supporters and funders are poor and downtrodden souls, just looking for a way out from under the heel of the ultra-rich?

I mean, I know you're voting Democrat, but really, man...

How'd that work out for the American worker after Obama's promises fell flat?