Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by madanthonywayne, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Chloe is smart enough to understand that she's not the only smart person in the world. If she can reprogram an off-network satellite, there's somebody out there who can catch her doing it. It was bad writing for her not to realize that.

But I'm really riled over the "negotiating with terrorists" thing. That was preposterous. When this is all over, Wayne Palmer will be remembered as "the President who negotiated with terrorists." If he's still alive.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Completely preposterous. Especially considering that when the president agreed to release the couple hundred terrorists the guy who made the demand was already known to be dishonest and he didn't even make a specific threat!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Another exciting episode. President Palmer acknowledged his responsibility for the nuke. Maybe he has learned his lesson, though I doubt it.

And Romano the evil bastard behind the previous administration is Jack's brother? WTF? Is his dad also evil?

What about his nephew? Looked more like Jack than Romano. Does Jack have a son?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

They're filling in Jack's personal history very slowly, and crafting it to fit the story, so we don't really know yet and perhaps the writers don't either.

However, we were told that Jack and his sister-in-law had an affair before she married his brother. Perhaps that is his son. Does anybody know if that is Rena Sofer from the soap "General Hospital" and the Sci-Fi Channel's "The Chronicle"? Sure looks like her. [Edit: Yes it's her. I realized I have Google.]

I didn't realize until this week that the terrorist turned peacemaker is Alexander Siddig, the doctor on Deep Space 9.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  8. Roman Banned Banned

That all happened in 4 hours?

9. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Yes. Having spent most of my life in Los Angeles, I get a real kick out of how quickly they get from one place to another. Valencia is a looooong way from L.A. Those places in the desert they were schlepping around on Day One are even farther.

10. Roman Banned Banned

Isn't China also a long way from LA?

11. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I think the deal was already done before the show started, and what we're watching are the scenes/season when he finally arrived at the docks.

Not really, only about 30 miles, and super quick by chopper.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- N

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

But the terrorists and the suburban father had to drive. They all seem to travel between destinations in the central parts of L.A. at an average speed of 60mph.

I haven't been back since they built that lovely tax-subsidized subway underneath Wilshire Boulevard for all the bankers and jewelers. I wonder if ridership has been down lately.

13. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Did anyone notice that this was Kumar, of White Castle fame?

14. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

His balls are certainly not as big as his brother's. Who remembers when David Palmer had one of the Joint Chiefs tortured (two seasons ago?).

15. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

White Castle fame, psssh, for me it's Van Wilder fame as Taj. How can you beat this?

"Taj: I would like very much to spend my remaining days here as your assistant.
    Van Wilder: Okay, we're just going do a little word association. Say the first thing that comes to your mind. Milk.
    Taj: Tit! Oh, mommy. Most Indians would say "cow" because they are sacred, but I hear "milk," I think giant jugs. You see, I cannot go home a virgin. I came here to study the great American art of muff diving. To smack clam, munch rug, dine at just one American pink taco stand! You know, I wanted to, how is it, park the porpoise. You know? I want to take it through the car wash, baby. And get it waxed. I want to wax it. Wax it! You know, and air dry. Air dry that shit, yeah! And I would like to be your assistant very much, Mr. Van Wilder."

LoL!

Close. Season 2, not two seasons ago.

- N

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

And more, I left a lot of stuff out. These were just the main plot points.

17. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

I know it was a dick thing to do, that's why I'm buyin you breakfast.

18. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Are you sure it wasn't season 3?

19. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Season 2, President Palmer had Roger Stanton tortured since he knew the info behind the covert team that was keeping an eye on the nuke.

Season 4, James Heller had his son tortured for info too.

Season 3 was Fraggle's favorite season with all the chemical weapons and Mexican drug kingpins..

- N

20. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Ohhh. Maybe it was season 3 that I missed.

21. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

I hope he comes back this season. He is a bad ass. You can't forget last year when he drove off the cliff to spite the terrorists and lived.

Him and Jack should team up.

22. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Aparently Jack got all the balls in the family.

23. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Seems they all have balls, Jack is just the only one that's not evil. His brother is responsible for killing president Palmer, Tony, and tried to pin the whole thing on Jack? His father knew about all this and and the rogue nuke then killed his own son so he wouldn't talk! What a fucked up family!