3 season TV show better than Family Guy....

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by A Canadian, Oct 7, 2005.

1. A Canadian Why talk? When you can listen? Registered Senior Member

You heard it right!
    There is a far better comdey show than your 'Family Guy'

Brought to you by FOX to boot!

The show was Called "Titus" and it was not a cartoon.

Season 1&2 are now out on DVD on a nice little Box Set.

The show litteraly set the standards for would could be brodcast on TV...

Family guy is a cartoon... as wacky and out-of-control as they can get, it cannot compare the same idealogy that is "Titus".

Family Guy was knocked off the air because of the content....
    So was Titus....

But Titus was real people doing this off the wall comedy... Family Guy is a cartoon.... and only reason it was brought back was becuase the DVD sales went thur the roof.... now they are getting greedy while the going is good. "Stewie Griffen: The untold story" I'm sorry, as funny as it may be, if you buy that DVD, I shame you..... in 3 months or 3 years, the stupid thing will be on TV anyways.... why lower yourself....

A show like Titus..... it started out slow, but it gained major popularity in the end.... to bad it was stoped before people could embrace it. M*A*S*H* whent thur the same deal, they made it big becuase the re-runs picked up alot of viewers.

Why is a cartoon getting more headway for doing the same thing, that a ex show once did.... becuase simplicticaly it is a cartoon.....

What is wrong with everyone.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I like Family Guy but I am not obsessed with it. I am currently at ISOHunt looking for Titus.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

This is the real reason Titus was not brought back:

"The TV show Titus only lasted three gloriously painful, but very funny, seasons that were packed into two tumultuous years.

Its run came to a crashing end in 2002 because Christopher Titus -- the writer, actor and stand-up comic who gave the show its name, its soul and its lead character -- mouthed off to his boss, Gail Berman. She then happened to be the new president of Fox Entertainment, the network that Titus once called home. "

"The whole show got cancelled because I got into a pissing contest with the network president," Titus told the Sun by telephone from his home in Canoga Park, Calif.

"It wasn't a ratings problem. It wasn't the show. It was me, personally, who got the show cancelled."

http://jam.canoe.ca/Video/DVD_Column/2005/07/23/pf-1144665.html

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. vslayer Registered Senior Member

i thought titus sucked when it was on TV, family guy on the other hand could not be much more funny, although the movie was a real letdown

8. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

I never cared for Titus, but I absolutely love Family Guy.

9. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

Arrested Development. Funnier and smarter then Family Guy.

10. Gerry Registered Senior Member

Family Guy's okay. Most of the time it copies The Simpsons too much. Sometimes its quite funny.