30 Days 30 Songs

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Magical Realist, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

This is a project to get various musical artists to write and perform songs over a month long period about Donald Trump. http://www.30days30songs.com/

Here's one of the first. It's a rap song set to video of Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame being totally demolished.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    zgmc likes this.
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I think Trump would be happy.
    He works on the basis of any publicity is good publicity.
    And he is right.
    He does not need to buy TV time as all line up to record the next outrageous thing he will likely say.
    And so songs about his stupidity plays into his hands because his name (brand) is staying front of mind.
    And everyone has fallen for his game....now there's a song in that.
    Look at it this way the more people who know your name the better.
    Who is being discussed everywhere...really folk I know who don't know zip know the name Trump.
    He doesn't care what folk say about him so long as it is him that they are talking about....add to that half of the mob will like you and half the mob will hate you means he is ahead.
    The only way to beat someone like that is to ignore them not give them more attention...but I suspect it is already to late.
    Alex

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Duplicate post deleted.
    Alex

8. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I expect after this election, in which Hillary WILL be elected, that his brand name will fade into oblivion. His hotels will suffer. His resorts will suffer. And his skyscrapers will suffer. It will disprove the Trump premise that all publicity is good publicity. People will not support a racist misogynist narcissist. They just won't. Not as long as his face is attached to the Trump brand. Maybe if he handed it all over to Ivanka. But that's unlikely. How was your escapade btw?

9. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Well it won't be long now.
    We are getting news here that the FBI is again looking into emails... What's the deal there? Sounds funny such is coming up so close to ..er D day..Isn't it a bit fishy ...
    The world is worried and that is a worry. What has influenced the FBI in your view.
    Alex

10. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I could write a book.
    Found myself in the middle of a 40 year old neighbour dispute with folk trying to get me to pick a side. I have kept out of this crap. I treat folk as they treat me and both sides have each been decent to me so I don't have a problem. But had to go to Police to tell them I don't care.
    Found homes for my animals as I gear down and fix my affairs. Found termites had destroyed the panelling in my observatory, which although not expensive took a lot of work.
    But as my Mum told me the key to a happy life is to learn how to be a good loser....I understand what she meant..don't let loss of stuff upset you...its the stewing over a loss that keeps you awake at night.
    But it was great to get out of the city and stop wasting time on the net.
    But it saddens me to see folk so upset and thriving on hate and failing to enjoy life because they have had arguments and can't understand peace is best.
    I feel sorry for the Police having to hear out the grizzling of each side.
    And they have not taken any action which suggests it is all a storm in a tea cup.
    I don't care other than feeling sad for all of them.
    Thanks for asking.
    Alex

11. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I meant no offence saying "wasting time on the net" I really enjoy being here and regard it as a priveldge to talk to so many intelligent people.
    But I waste a bit of time looking at utube sorting thru stuff to get to what I want to know about.
    Alex

12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

We don't know. Little information was released about the nature of the emails. They belong to an aid of Hillary's and her husband Anthony Weiner. Yes..the sleazy gift that keeps on giving. Either way millions have and are voting already. I sent in my ballot 4 days ago. Pundits say the email thing is "baked in" and wont influence the election. Odds are still in Hillary's favor. Nate Silver says so. We shall see.

13. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

What if you decide you want to change your mind.

Thanks for addressing my question.
    Alex

14. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Never!

Xelasnave.1947 likes this.