[65k Warning!] So, this is my 5,000th post... figured I'd do something uniquely me :D

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Kittamaru, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So, as stated in the title... I thought I'd do something undeniably me... and I figured what better than to share some of my favorite artwork! (warning, yes, I am a Brony... don't like it, well, you have been warned!) Pretty much a collection of pictures I've found that either had some sort of impact on me... or that I thought was just too damned cute!

NOTE - None of this artwork is mine - all credit goes to the creating artists!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/178/d/8/not_alone_by_valkyrie_girl-d54mv00.jpg

Yeah yeah, I know I know... WTF Ponies? Really? Yes, really... it is a show with beautiful animation, voice acting that is superb, singing and music written by the infinitely talented Daniel Ingram that is, quite literally, on par with Disney in its hayday, and a story and moral that both kids and adults alike can watch and enjoy. It is, honestly, a throwback to the days of cartoons that had a point... and it is phenomenal. If you haven't watched the new generation, titled Friendship is Magic, I suggest you watch it with an open mind. The pop culture references give enough entertainment for an adult to enjoy without tainting the show even for young children (come on, John de Lanci (Q from Star Trek), The Big Labowski, Doctor Who... the references are amazing!) while providing a moral compass that children today so desperately need. It is a show that, when my wife and I have kids, I will be more than happy to sit down and watch with them.

Anyway, this has been my 5,000th post... and I wish you all a Happy New Year!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Congrats, Kitt, on 5K posts! And thanks for the pics AND the expressed sentiments - I too think that valuable.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I just now realized... I wrote 65k instead of 56k warning... XD

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

That would be just like you, to make mistakes.

8. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

Rainbow Dash and Applejack in sweet inception of Kittamuru's celebrations swinging their pony tails with eyes full of tears as they fall through the blue clouds to the next post in the series.

5 0 0 0 pushups

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

*shrugs* To ere is human, after all hehe

10. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

there is more to it than to just ere...it is a sign of slight weakness, a feminine trait much adorned by the large starving for desires' of Eden males here.

11. Crunchy Cat F-in' *meow* baby!!! Valued Senior Member

"Brony"... I think I just learned a new word. Gratz Kittamaru.

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I will not deny that I am more feminine than most guys I know, and I actually take pride in it. I have no fear of stopping to reassess my situation and my actions, nor do I feel I succumb to (most) the archetypal male stereotypes. It has its advantages, not going to lie

That and my wife enjoys the fact that I can tend to catch on to things most guys miss without missing a beat

Hehe, you are very welcome