75 yr old woman gets breast implants

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Orleander, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Wha?? I know I'd be very perplexed and probably mad if my Mom got breast implants at that age. I just feel that at 75 you should be confident enough about yourself that you wouldn't need new fake boobs. I really don't know why it would upset me because if she got a face/neck lift it wouldn't bother me near as much as fake boobs.

<sigh> I don't know...

link

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

This is news?

WTF?!?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Jolly Joe and, well, right ....

Well, I would suggest that, since fake boobs generally aren't about feeding children, and often taken in a sexual context, it is probably less likely that you would, even subconsciously, associate a face/neck lift with the idea of your mother splayed out on the kitchen table, rutting away like an animal in heat, making noises you never wanted to hear her make, sweat glistening on her face, neck, and fake breasts, with Jolly Joe's hairy ass bouncing up and down as he drills her into sometime next week.

Moral or ethical unease often shares a fundamental relationship with—even possibly deriving from—neuroses common to one's societal paradigm

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. arauca Banned Banned

Do you think rod implant in a penis for a 75 years old man is moral,

8. Telemachus Rex Protesting Mod Stupidity Registered Senior Member

I'm not sure why it would bother you either. 75-year-old boobs are likely not ones you should feel super confident about. There is a good chance they are quite unsexy...so perhaps the hangup is with not wanting old people to be sexual? A face lift is about making you look younger, but we don't conceptualize it as a desire to make oneself sexier. A boob job is hardly anything else but that.

Times they are a changin', because old people have a lot of sex these days, thanks be unto boner pills.

9. lightgigantic Banned Banned

10. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

So if old breasts sag, and implants sag... isn't she just going to be playing football with them?

Pity people don't grow old gracefully anymore, they seem to think they look younger, but in the end they still have skin like a well polished scrotum. :shrug:

11. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Once you reach a certain age...external beauty is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if your boobs sag to your waistline...your inner beauty shines through.

12. Telemachus Rex Protesting Mod Stupidity Registered Senior Member

Maybe this woman has no inner beauty, so she'd taking what she can get. More seriously, older people are looking to have sex, and the more attractive you are relative to your peers, the more sex you will have. Even saggy old men prefer nice breasts over saggy ones, so they will use their pills with the best looking woman they can find willing to sleep with them.

Old woman have been using makeup and plastic surgery for ages, but now they they are all the more likely to be seen naked, the same vanity applies with greater force to the maintenance of primary and secondary sex characteristics. I've read that in certain places the rate of vaginoplasty is up for seniors as well.

13. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Some women have relied on their beauty as a form of power. With age, this beauty diminishes..and so does their power...so they seek to regain this power through plastic surgery. True love is not dependent on physical beauty and exists long after we are sagging and wrinkled.

14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

what makes you think your opinion even matters?

15. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Thank you, gentlemen. You have restored my faith that there are still a few persons of the male persuasion who are more than superficial.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

My thoughts also that we are lacking in medical facilities and trained personnel yet we are allocating resources to the treatment of vanity instead of health, while people are dying, unable to get the needed access.

Yes, I realize that most of this type of work is done by private resources, yet I still raise my eyebrows at the priorities of our society as a whole. :bugeye:

16. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Some people just don't know how to age gracefully!

17. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Well, you know what they say about opinions.....

We all have an opinion, whether we bother to express it or not, and irrespective of whether it matters or makes any difference whatsoever.

If it impinges upon us, even peripherally, we most likely will experience some reaction in response.

18. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

True.

Acceptance is a difficult thing in some regards.

We are a society in denial of age. Nothing more pathetic than artificial youth, IMO. :bugeye:

19. Rav Valued Senior Member

Meh. If getting breast implants is an acceptable thing to do to make oneself feel better, or look better, then, well, it's an acceptable thing to do. What has being 75 got to do with anything (other than the fact that sex and old-age mixed together tends to 'gross' some of us out)?

The real discussion, in my opinion, is about plastic surgery in general. Whilst I wouldn't condemn it in all circumstances, succumbing to the societal pressure to look a certain way has got to be fundamentally tragic in some way.

20. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

I agree.

21. phlogistician Banned Banned

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I never said it was immoral for a 75 yr old to get fake boobs :shrug:

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

A 75 yr old wanting 25 yr old boobs looks odd. Just like a 75 year old wanting the unwrinkled skin of a 25 yr old looks odd (Joan Rivers anyone?) Is she so insecure that she thinks a 75 yr old man wants a 75 yr old woman with young boobs. Hell no. He wants the young woman, not the fake one