__Ronald Regans speech on aliens

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by space__cadet, Mar 21, 2005.

1. space__cadet Registered Member

hello ppl ;] ...i have done some search on net for audio or video recording of ronald regan speech on aliens. basicly whatever he said about aliens... i need this audio on my school project but so far i was unable to find any quality data. just some low quality audio on www.propagandamatrix.com ...if anyone know anything about this or can direct me some way where i can find it it would be really helpful to me :] ...thanks in advance

the audio i am searching for is from this sessions:

In 1985, in December, while addressing high-school students in Fallstan, Maryland, President Reagan recalled his recent conversation with Gorbachcv. Reagan said, "I couldn't help but say to [Gorbachev] how easy his task and mine might be if suddenly there was a threat to this world from some other species from another planet outside in the universe. We'd forget all the little local differences and find out once and for all that we really are all human beings here on this Earth.

Again, in September, 1987, in a speech before the entire UN General Assembly, Reagan said, "Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize the common bond that unites all humanity. How quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet I ask you, is not an alien threat already among us?"

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. btimsah Registered Senior Member

The first thing I would do is go to: http://www.americanpresidents.org/presidents/president.asp?PresidentNumber=39

Now, Reagan actually said that statement several times, "if there was some outside alien threat - we'd unite".

Trying to pin down the actual audio of it might be difficult, so you might just have to find the text of it and do an impersonation of Reagan lol.. j/k

Hope you find it..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. space__cadet Registered Member

so after few days of searching a finaly found it - that audio recording ...it was in that ufo documentary Out of the Blue. the whole video sequence of his speech about aliens before UN assebly is there tho the video commenting guy talks over it a bit and there is some background music [hes got some drama-cliché voice there... would be good actor in one of the spielbergs films. lol] ... but still better than nothing. ta least i am advancing :]

anyways thatnks for help. i checked that site... pretty good info there ;]

...and still searching for that speech from high school Fallstan. i guess somehow that would be harder to find.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

I guess in the absence of aliens Muslims will have to suffice.

Dee Cee

8. Silas asimovbot Registered Senior Member

Was he talking about AIDS or something?

9. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

He's talking about imigrants from Mexico.

10. Silas asimovbot Registered Senior Member

Well, in that case, sure there was an alient threat. Americans were certainly threatened with getting their houses cleaned and chores done for cheap....!

11. space__cadet Registered Member

silas. he was talking about the threat of war... not about AIDS or mexico refugees. no offtopic pls...

i need this for audio puposes... i am woking with sound [editing, making sounds and so...] .dont need it to prove the existence of aliens i need it just as music sample ;]]

12. Silas asimovbot Registered Senior Member

He's talking about an outside, universal threat - universal to the whole world, and something that would unite all nations in battle against it and to forget their little differences. He clearly can't be claiming an actual UFO threat while talking to the United Nations. It's 1987, so it's most likely that the "alien threat... amongst us" he refers to must be AIDS - despite the fact that his administration was notorious for having done little or nothing for its sufferers in America because, by and large, they were gay.

If you have further extracts from that speech which show that I am incorrect, please do post them, or a link.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  13. space__cadet Registered Member

silas. well from what i gathered Regan was quite interested in UFO phenomenon... there are several articles on that matter on net. and he was also a good friend with S.Spielberg which speaks for itself ;] ...UFOs are Spielbergs life obssesion.

I saw a video recording of his speech speech before UN here is that speech excerpt... "Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize the common bond that unites all humanity. How quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet I ask you, is not an alien threat already among us?" and it continues "What could be more alien to thee untied aspirations of our people than war and the threat of war..."

14. Squeak22 4th Level Human Registered Senior Member

He wasn't saying that there were aliens among us. Regan was stating that the WAR is not aligned with humanity's GOALS as a community. He's using alien as a adjective, not a noun.

Alien - Dissimilar, inconsistent, or opposed

not

Alien - A creature from outer space

15. btimsah Registered Senior Member

Cadet, don't let them fool you. They know what he meant, but are trying to debunk it.

Don't WASTE YOU'RE TIME. You are right, and they know it. They are just pretending what he said had anything to do with AIDS. On here, they live to destroy any alien or UFO talk.

Just don't take them seriously

16. btimsah Registered Senior Member

"I’ve often wondered...what if all of us in the world discovered that we were threatened by an outer - a power from outer space, from another planet. Wouldn’t we all of a sudden find that we didn’t have any differences between us at all, we were all human beings, citizens of the world, and wouldn’t we come together to fight that particular threat."

Reagan, talking about AIDS.

(From = http://www.presidentialufo.com/reagan_ufo_story.htm)

17. btimsah Registered Senior Member

Yes, you're more correct than those saying he was talking about AIDS or Illegal Immigration.

It does bring a good question up, that if alien intelligence evidence is top-secret, maybe Reagan was trying to tell us something. At this point were only left with conjecture about it though.

Essentially, Reagan was making a great point. It speaks to the great vision he had. Forget the little stuff, focus on the main objective. The bigger purpose. Why are we fighting, when, who knows? We may have to fight an alien civilization. Then, how would our little differences look?

18. Silas asimovbot Registered Senior Member

Yes, yes, sorry, I totally understand now. Of course the answer to the conundrum is Ronald Reagan's speech didn't actually make any sense. He's talking to the United Nations, to friend and foe alike, and he says, "We'd unite if we had an outside threat. So let's band together as one people and fight the outside threat of...... War!"

19. btimsah Registered Senior Member

Silas, perhaps you could put you're fanatical debunkery attempts to the side for a second.. Okay? Just try it. Because, the key quote you seem to have missed....

"a power from outer space, from another planet".

20. btimsah Registered Senior Member

More to the point, it's not what he must have been saying.

HE ASKED THEM, WHAT IF EXTRATERRESTRIALS WERE A THREAT TO US? WHAT WOULD BECOME OF OUR MINOR DIFFERENCES AT THAT POINT?

IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH GAY PEOPLE OR AIDS.

21. Squeak22 4th Level Human Registered Senior Member

btimsah,

You seemed to have missed the "what if" he's speaking in hypotheticals.

22. btimsah Registered Senior Member

No, he said what Reagan said did not make any sense. Because he wanted to remove any "extraterrestrial" reference too it. So he created the hypotheticals, in an effort to do just that.

What he said made sense, was appropriote and simple to understand. There's no need for what-if's or hypotheticals.

23. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

its sad that that is really true,we always need a fight,the more different the object of fear and hate the better.