A new Creationism Theme Park

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Kennyc, Dec 3, 2010.

1. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

lol..i seen a commercial that said don't pay till 2014..

quick lets all get loans we don't have to repay till 2014!..

i wanna see the astronomers pics of dec 2012, when all the planets line up..it could be cool..

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Pinwheel Banned Banned

Oh noes!! What are they doing, that will piss god off!! Google translate wont work no more.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

And babblefish will die

8. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

. . . well, what I was meaning was, you think they would have the decency to at least have it done for the second coming, eh?

I mean, Darth Vader had the death star operational for the Emperor in time for the final battle, yes? :shrug:

Maybe they just need more men?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

They are so going to hell for that.
    They need to keep a counter for how many Camels they pulp through the eye of a needle though.
    And the food stall will be ridiculous, 5 loaves, 2 fish, share it between you we've sold out....

10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Only some people used the effects of mental illness, in combination with much else, to justify official witch trials and similar State terrorism.

Mental illness is universal, official witch trials and similar State inquisitions not so.

The people hanged at Salem (not burned) were not, most of them, mentally ill. The relevant mental pathology would seem to be that of the accusers, interrogators, and executioners.

My guess would be that the incarcerations and interrogations of the accused would make a more profitable theatrical display than their trials - the circumstances under which almost all were brought to confession, and so many died before trial, strike me as likely to be more entertaining to the general body of fundamentalist Christians than the sober and public entering of pleas and pronouncements of sentence.

While they are at it, their recreation of a "first century ME village" also has possibilities known to attract money from the devout: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_prostitution

11. superstring01 Moderator

But since Christians will survive, so will their nifty park. See how that works?

~String

12. jpappl Valued Senior Member

LOFL. That would be some commercial.

13. John99 Banned Banned

Unfortunately many were probably mentally ill or perhaps even most of them. If you put yourself into their understandinding of mental illness its easy to see how mistakes can be made. Some maybe even criminally insane. The record of which is the trial itself. Many cultures probably never had a trials. Some may have been false accusations, political persecutions as well.

But then trials themselves were not universal.

Remember we are talking about over two centuries ago. This type of mental illness is ver rare AND the incidence goes up as populations increase, just a matter of percentage.

14. jpappl Valued Senior Member

I don't know about that. If you tell them about your experiences you'll probably get your own ride. LOL.

What's the Lori ride daddy ?

Trust me, you're not ready for the Lori ride Jr.

Best we be moving on.

15. John99 Banned Banned

But we would all be different people if we were living in those times.

16. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i wouldn't. and trust me on this...extra crispy. just like joan of arc.

17. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

no no no. a lot of religious people like to play house with god, but if you really get into some freaky shit like i went through with them, they get scared. and you know that means...burn baby burn.

my ride would be totally kid friendly. if i had a ride, this is what it would be like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLh-j_FCy2c

that's my favorite ride!

18. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

oh no, no, no! the park is first to go! remember touchdown jesus up in flames?

19. jpappl Valued Senior Member

I understand and I was trying to be a little sarcastic.

They would think they were with you just because you brought up your experience.

But once they really understood how you view their version of religiosity they would not want to continue the ride, in fact they would get off at any cost.

They don't call them fundamentalists for nothing.

I could see you standing at the gate to the ride with everyone making a wide sweeping arc away from the entrance, whispering to each other in a cowering mannner.

That's the ride to hell ! The one nobody comes back from with their dogma intact.

20. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

:roflmao:

21. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

there's something to be said for going through hell in order to posses the power to conquer it.

and there's also something to be said for flying.