A Nightmare Scenario for Homosexuals

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Woody, Jul 4, 2006.

?

Is it OK for parents to abort a fetus with the gay gene?

1. It's ok for the parents to do this even if it eliminates all homosexuals from the population

26.7%
  2. Fetus with gay gene should not be aborted

60.0%
  3. Undecided

13.3%
  1. Satyr Banned Banned

It’s difficult for me to understand how confronting and shaping and changing nature in every other way is justified, yet when it comes to genetic-engineering then we are forced to consider the ramifications morally.

What gives us the right to dam rivers and produce electricity?
    What gives us the right to domesticate animals and harvest them?
    What gives us the right to take up space or to live?

Nothing.
    We take it.

I say if a parent does not want to raise a fag then he/she should not have to.
    Maybe before we consider the moral implications of tampering with nature we should consider the implications of giving birth to a new life, whether homosexual or not.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Satyr Banned Banned

It’s difficult for me to understand how confronting and shaping and changing nature in every other way is justified, yet when it comes to genetic-engineering then we are forced to consider the ramifications morally.

What gives us the right to dam rivers and produce electricity?
    What gives us the right to domesticate animals and harvest them?
    What gives us the right to take up space or to live?

Nothing.
    We take it.

I say if a parent does not want to raise a fag then he/she should not have to.
    Maybe before we consider the moral implications of tampering with nature we should consider the implications of giving birth to a new life, whether homosexual or not.

If we consider it our right to reproduce, as most of us do, then why is not our right to reproduce what we want and in the manner we want it?

Does a creator ask the creation for its approval?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bells Staff Member

And many don't. Many throw their homosexual children out on the street to fend for themselves. If a parent does not want to raise a child that may or may not be homosexual, then they should not have children. Why bring another child into the world only to be rejected because it somehow does not fit the social or moral norms of the parents?

That's the whole point isn't it? As a parent I can tell you now what matters the most to me about my 10 month old. What matters is that he is healthy, happy and knows that he is loved and cherished by his parents. Everything else takes a back seat. Do I lie awake at night worrying that he might be homosexual? Hell no. What I do lie awake at night worrying about are things like his falling ill with a disease that could kill him or make him sick for the rest of his life (eg childhood cancers), that some pervert could snatch him and do things to him that I don't even want to name, that he could be hit by a car while playing in his own yard, etc. That is what keeps me up at night.

I guess because we are not show animals bred for perfection.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. BSFilter Nature has no kindess/illwill Registered Senior Member

I believe abortion is perfectly acceptable up to a certain point in the embryo's developement. I do NOT believe that getting an abortion just because the child will be gay is acceptable.

Parents just have to suck it up, and try again.

8. hug-a-tree Live the life Registered Senior Member

Generally people who are against gays are against abortion. They would more then likely have the child and try to make him/her...ungay. = /

9. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Got any statistics concerning that?

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Perhaps I simply need to read through the topic more carefully, but has anyone asked about the morality of aborting the fetus that appears to lack gay indicators? You know, where lacking some future social trauma, the resulting human will be heterosexual? Given the "war of the sexes" and the tortures of love, and considering how it seems that many people just plain don't like their kids, why not spare a developing soul from a future of hurt and anguish and frustration?

Really, I'm thirty-three, and it's still difficult sometimes to decide when to respect a woman's womanhood, and when to respect her humanity. They are, after all, two separate things.