A physicist explains ghosts in our digital reality

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I was going to report that but suddenly remembered Kittamaru never ever responds to my reports of insults and trolling. You see the problem with that vulgarity though don't you?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Um, and when someone's lie or misrepresentation is pointed out as such and they fail to acknowledge it and simply carry on doing so or divert to something else?

Daecon likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Right..What they all experienced, presumably the same thing, and then what they immediately reported happened to the teachers. Those are two separate events, one following the other. They couldn't have happened at the same time. And there was no time to make up some lie in between.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

There you go again, inventing your own "data".
    The word "immediately" is a fabrication of your own - it is not used in any of the sources you've provided. As I pointed out earlier.
    Plus, of course, what record is there of what they reported the first time round to the teachers?
    I strongly suspect that they rushed in (not "immediately however) and yelled "Flying saucer!", "Alien!" etc. And THEN, at a later period someone decided to collate their stories. And you've already stated that "consultation" between the kids DID occur later.

I'm not sure what you mean by "two separate events".
    My position is, and has been all along, that the time YOU (and other gullible folks) say was used in seeing the UFO/ talking to the alien was ACTUALLY used in making up the story.

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Report it for what, may I ask? Offending your "delicate sensibilities"? Alien anal-probing has been a thing for as long as I can remember... longer than most Americans had access to the Internet for.

Also, it is worth noting... don't dish out what you can't take in turn. Stop insulting others if you don't want to be insulted yourself.

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

So they were all screaming and excited about something that didn't happen? Something they all were told happened by other more devious kids who just wanted to play a prank on the teachers? No..not in your wildest dreams does such a thing happen. Your pedantic desperation to twist this event into a made up fantasy of 62 schoolchildren IS amusing though.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Oh really?
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/slender-man-stabbing

So... you claim "Slender Man" is real as well? And actually told these two girls to stab their classmate? Cause, you know... kids don't get excited and act about things that don't exist, after all...

Daecon likes this.
  11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Hey everyone. It was just an urban legend that all these kids just claim to have seen in the field. Just like Slender Man! Yeah! That's it! lol!

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

While your sentiments are spot on and valid, moving on just gives these nutbags exactly what they wish for.
    I'm sure most interested science people here would ask you to think again.

13. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Yup, an argument from incredulity by you.
    We KNOW that children fabricate stories, some with far more serious consequences than "We saw a UFO" - example, example.
    But of course if you admit that, and the possibility that it could have been a fabrication (whether started as a prank or for other reasons), that wouldn't suit your agenda.
    PS you used the word "pedantic" incorrectly.

14. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Fortunately I spend most of my time on a different science forum, one where MR and similar posters wouldn't survive more than a few posts.

15. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I sometimes get angry at fools that keep perpetuating nonsense.
    Apologies and I will give myself an uppercut.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Nope...62 kids do not run screaming from a field telling teachers they all saw something that was just made up. Just doesn't jibe with common sense. And as for pedantic, here ya go:

pe·dan·tic
    pəˈdan(t)ik/
    adjective
    1. of or like a pedant.
      "many of the essays are long, dense, and too pedantic to hold great appeal"
      synonyms verscrupulous, scrupulous, precise, exact, perfectionist, punctilious,meticulous, fussy, fastidious, finicky. https://www.google.com/search?sourc...ic&oq=pedantic&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.3261j0j8

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I've often said, that this is the reason we seem to be bombarded by these weird and wacky individuals...This appears to be the only outlet they have for their nonsense.

18. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

And Aliens obviously far in advance to our own technology, do the usual, and appear to lonely out of the way individuals or children, and ignore the seats of power or more obvious visitation points.
    Then they go and never return!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Like I say, only impressionable, gullible individuals could believe such nonsense.
    Or is this just you as usual exerting your right to post nonsense and raise the angst of those that are interested in real science and the scientific method?

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Kindly prove that it cannot be an urban legend - I am curious to see your evidence.

After all, we have evidence (in a damn COURT CASE) that two kids were driven to attempted MURDER thanks to an urban legend... why is it so hard to believe that the legend/mystery couldn't make a bunch of kids think they saw an alien craft?

20. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

You should probably ask yourself why reading my posts raises your angst so much. What does my posted evidence and arguments do to you personally? Is it a threat to your security blanket of Science where everything is already understood and defined? Will you not sleep well tonight worrying about the possibility that reality is far more mysterious and strange than you have ever imagined?

21. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Agreed. Because they didn't do that.
    Is this yet another invention of yours?
    "the children came running into the Tuckshop, talking excitedly".

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The reason reading your posts inspires angst and bile is simple - you attempt to pass your pseudoscience and hysterics off as irrefutable fact, then get pissy whenever someone proves you wrong (or you choose to simply ignore evidence that contradicts your claims).

Your actions have painted you as intellectually dishonest, a bigot, a crybaby, and generally an all-around unpleasant member of this community. If that is a bitter pill to swallow, tough shit - that's the truth. You want to change the truth, then change how you act. Quit ignoring evidence you don't like. Quit throwing a temper-tantrum every time someone says something you disagree with. Quite lying, quite plagiarizing, and quit quote-mining.

23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

“They came running up here in such a panic, and even if we staged it they could have not all run together like that. They came up here like a living snake, we were in a staff meeting and we just heard them screaming and screaming… A child cannot make that up.” – Teacher from the school

http://www.collective-evolution.com...tness-non-human-beings-a-large-craft-landing/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.