A physicist explains ghosts in our digital reality

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

LOL! Trolling insults and slurs from another moderator. Yawn...

James and Bells? Are you witnessing this?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Hardly trolling or insulting... although, given your posting history, I can see where you would find the truth insulting *shrug*

Your saltiness is not my concern, nor do I really care - you WILL adhere to the same rules as everyone else, and you WILL be judged against the same rules as everyone else.

If you want the right to insult people with your ignorance, dishonesty, and dangerous spew (such as your anti-vax bullshit), then the rest of the community will have the right to "insult you" by pointing out when you are acting like a goddamn doughnut.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Excellent.
    This just shows that even the "witnesses" to the witnesses can't even get the story straight.
    So much for reliability.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Wow..So now the teachers are lying too? Everybody's lying. Maybe Zimbabwe doesn't even exist eh? So how do you manage to get thru your day in your paranoid little world where everybody's lying all the time? I think I'd just as soon live in an alien-haunted universe.

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

How do you get through a day where everybody in science is lying? Where you cannot trust those who are in charge of our safety in food, travel, architecture, etc...? Since, after all, you deem that "science has done nothing for us"...

How does it feel to know that nobody is buying the bullshit MR?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Oh, you're making things up again.
    I didn't say lying. (Which sort of suggests that any paranoia involved is yours).
    But the fact there's (at least) two different stories on how the kids responded gives cause for concern over the reliability of the statements.

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Right..So now I'm lying too. That was sort of expected I guess...

So if something's not a lie, but isn't true either, what is it?

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So, you claim that Dywyddyr is lying? Kindly point out WHERE he said that the teachers were lying.

12. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Your paranoia is showing.
    Where have I said, or implied, that you're lying (about this - we won't go into your previous dishonesty)

That was sort of expected I guess...

Oh yeah, my bad.
    Because it's a well-known fact that if someone says something that disagrees with another person's view of events one of them must be lying.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I mean, being mistaken, misremembering, that sort of thing couldn't EVER happen. Could it?
    Deliberate falsehood HAS to be the only explanation.

Please tell me how YOU account for the FACT that two different teachers gave two different versions of events.

Or it could be that the reporter made a mistake (honest or otherwise).
    I note the quote I gave named the teacher in question. The quote you gave didn't.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Right..So the reporter is lying now..This is getting tedious and boring..Moving on.

14. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Whenever someone gets an answer wrong on a quiz show, it's because they're lying, right MR?

15. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Again, that's not what I said.
    It appears that you'd rather lie about what I've written than address the actual point.
    But I will repeat my question: how do YOU account for the two different versions from teachers about the kids' behaviour?

16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

lie
    [lahy]
    Spell Syllables
    noun
    a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; anintentional untruth; a falsehood.
    Synonyms: prevarication, falsification.
    Antonyms: truth.
    something intended or serving to convey a false impression;imposture:
    His flashy car was a lie that deceived no one.
    an inaccurate or false statement: a falsehood.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lie

17. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

And a non-answer from MR.
    You DID notice the word "deliberate" in there?
    How about "intent"?
    Or, in your world is it still a lie if the intent of deception doesn't exist?
    If making a wrong statement was non-deliberate?

18. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

And how does that relate to my question, MR?

Oh look, it doesn't. That must mean that you're LYING, right?

19. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Maybe, given that MR practises deliberate deception and misrepresentation so often, what he means by "lying" is "disagreeing with him".

20. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

LOL! So desperate to trap me in something. Are these the crucial petty victories that give your lives meaning? Take up bowling. It's better for your heart.

21. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Still can't answer my question?
    As for "trapping you" why would we bother?
    (Paranoia again...)
    You've already - abundantly - shown yourself to be lacking in honesty and personal/ intellectual integrity.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Where did Dywyddyr say that the reporter was lying? Quote, immediately, or retract your libel.

Irrelevant, red herring. You are attempting to shunt the discussion away from your FABRICATION by posting a definition.

The only thing "petty" here is your attempted dishonesty.

Do you really not know? I find it hard to believe you can be that stupid/ignorant as to NOT know that something can be WRONG or INCORRECT without being either Truth or a Lie...

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Aren't you even slightly ashamed of your blatant dishonesty MR?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.