A Question about Mole?

Discussion in 'Chemistry' started by Kumar, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Kumar Registered Senior Member

I am bit odd to note people here are not trying to check possibility of molecular or information presence of raw remedy substances due to other intractions than water i.e adsorption, memory imprints on glass walls or on its contents, alcohol & lactose.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

There is no therapy and there is no science, there is only arm waving ignorance.
    No, those inanimate materials do not have a memory that magically turns water into medicine. Do you really need this pointed out to you?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

The reason no one takes it seriously is because:
    1. Controlled studies have shown the effects are no better than a placebo.
    2. The whole idea of homeopathic medicine is just plain stupid.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Ok thanks all for contribution.

8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Your welcome, glad to help.

9. timojin Valued Senior Member

I would not go that far. Not everybody react to the same medicine . So perhaps some concoction might work for somebody
    Would you believe some flat worms make female more fertile.

10. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Homeopathic concoctions are water, and water is not magical, therefore the idea of homeopathic medicine is just plain stupid.
    No. I would believe a species of round worm might be able increase a women's fertility.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. timojin Valued Senior Member

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34857022
    A study of 986 indigenous women in Bolivia indicated a lifetime of Ascaris lumbricoides, a type of roundworm, infection led to an extra two children.

Researchers, writing in the journal Science, suggest the worm is altering the immune system to make it easier to become pregnant.

Experts said the findings could lead to "novel fertility enhancing drugs".

Nine children is the average family size for Tsimane women in Bolivia. And about 70% of the population has a parasitic worm infection.

12. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Don't hijack the thread, if you want discuss this, start a new thread and let this thread as it should.

13. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Thanks. Actually homeopathic remedies are different type of claimed healing agents and can not match with the same standards as laid down in strict DBPC studies for modern medicines made from concentrated chemicals. Few specific to homeopathy can be: Individuality consideration, delicate but deep effects, Least well apparent side affects, Body's physiological stimulation controlled instead of drug controlled etc.. Anyway these are old and repeated stories since long back, need not to discuss here in this thread. I was simply now trying to check "memory of Silica" instead of "memory of water".

14. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I think 'the memory of silica' is just as insane as 'the memory of water'.

15. Kumar Registered Senior Member

I think, we may need to better understand about Silica's properties.

One can be Silica's adsorption property which may oppose completely diluting out relevant to mole quantity.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  16. exchemist Valued Senior Member

It is quite true that adsorption on a solid surface can retain tiny quantities of chemicals. But the quantity adorbed in a surface of a glass vessel is tiny compered to the volume it can contain, because any adsorption layer is generally only one or two molecules think. Recall the numbers I gave you at the start of this thread). A further is issue is that, if something is adsorbed, it is quite hard to get it to de-adsorb again. So once it is adsorbed it is effectively gone - and will not mysteriously come back to give activity later.

The long and the short of it is that dilution procedures in glass bottles are totally reliable in chemistry and no correction for adsorption is required - i.e. the effect is negligible.

sideshowbob likes this.
  17. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

That would be easy enough to test: just do your homeopathy in vessels that contain no silica. If the results are the same, it ain't the silica. Do advocates of homeopathy bother to test anything?

18. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I think it is so funny that you are trying to determine the mechanism of a method that has been proven to be fake.

19. timojin Valued Senior Member

I am not intending to hijack .
    Is your question about fumed SiO2 ? which in some case is used as a thickening agent , there are some fumed silica as water repellent . Are you talking about glass silica in a glass container ? If you are talking about adsorption on glass wall . You have to keep in mind SiO2 have two oxygen molecules and it will attract Hydrogen from the water , and an aqueous layer will be formed on the glass surface.
    Now If you have in mind fumed silica on the glass surface that is a different story

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  20. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Thanks but however effectiveness increases with the decrese of quantity is considered to be beauty of homeopathy. Hence lowes quantity also has meaning in homeopathic consideration. I do not think that not even few molecules will not be deabsorbed in subsequent dilutions with hard shaking.

I also want to be very sure, whether silica is also capable to store EM spectrums.(?) by changing its molecular structures.

21. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Continuing smell of any smelling syrup even after many washings and reffiling of syrup glass bottles do indicate something in adsorption favour.

22. Kumar Registered Senior Member

Whether science is a continuing process or became absolute and final?

23. Kumar Registered Senior Member

I am concerned about adsorption of molecules of raw remedy substances(many) on glass bottle walls which contain Silica. I do not know, if EM spectrums can also be memorized by Silica intreacted with it?