A stream and a migraine...

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by Angelus, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Angelus Daughter Of House Ravenhearte Registered Senior Member

Existance gives me a head ache. Why does existance exist? Why not there be nothing? If their were other universes besides ours, infinite universes some like our own and others not, why has nothing ever been able to outlive the end of it's universe, are all things destined to die when the universe recollapses once again?

Are we the first generation to have intelligent life? The first in infinity? Has it truly taken infinity to make us? How much infinity will it take before we kill ourselves?

The problem of infinity, you can have larger infinities than others. Example, take a line, in geometry a line is an infinite set of points, now take the plane that line lies on, it encompasses that line plus an infinite number of lines just like it.

Does the universe have a memory? After I die will my thoughts somehow be remembered, and if so will intelligent beings in the future be somehow able to tap into these memories, maybe we truly never die.

This stream of consciousness is beggining to become a trickle, space and time are just too great for my limited mind to understand, perhaps instead of pondering life I should just live it? What think you?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EvilPoet I am what I am Registered Senior Member

It's your life ...

imo - you know what is best for you. So, to
    answer your question what do you think?
    I answer this way - what do you think you
    should do?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I also think migraines suck. No fun at all.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

You could be out mackin' girls dude but no: you have to ponder
    the unanswerable questions...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Girls are more important then excistance!?

Wait... GIRLS are more important then excistance! My excistance just got a little less complicated.

If their were other universes besides ours, infinite universes some like our own and others not, why has nothing ever been able to outlive the end of it's universe, are all things destined to die when the universe recollapses once again?

Its my theory, and this is just a stupid theory, that when the Big Crunch happens (again) that the big bang will happen right afterwards. The universe in my mind is a lot like a giant heartbeat. Its never going to stop. Who knows maybe everytime the big cruch happens time is restarted and we all have tolive our lives over again. That would explain Deja Vu and stuff.