A Swastika found on YUGIO cards!! oh no!!

Discussion in 'History' started by Hideki Matsumoto, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Hideki Matsumoto ñ{ìñÇÃóùâ?ÇÕêSÇÃíÜÇ©ÇÁóàÇ ÈÅB Registered Senior Member

Here is controversy for you guys and gals!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

A recent online article "about 2 years ago" was talking about YUGIO and it's association with antisemeticism "Nazi-ism" because of a symbol found on one of the trading cards. I have uploaded this symbol in JPEG form. I am posing the question as is this really a swastika? or is it something much different than this?

- I remember the article well and was interested because of the anger people had with the Japanese printing company for putting a "swastika" on the cards !! WOw ! The cards were even banned in the US and Canada for awhile while the card printers "fixed them" ! man oh man, ignorance is bliss?

:bugeye:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hideki Matsumoto ñ{ìñÇÃóùâ?ÇÕêSÇÃíÜÇ©ÇÁóàÇ ÈÅB Registered Senior Member

Click the link to see the image

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

It's definitely a swastika in the picture. So what? It's ancient symbol, there are no reasons to prohibit it.

I have Kipling's book with swastika (it was published in 1930th). Should I burn it?

USSR's regimes have killed/starved/.... more people than old Adolf did. Shall we demand USA to remove 5 sided stars from its flag/military equipment and so on. Jewish paranoia has no limits. It's sickening already.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hideki Matsumoto ñ{ìñÇÃóùâ?ÇÕêSÇÃíÜÇ©ÇÁóàÇ ÈÅB Registered Senior Member

YOu are still sure its a swastika and not something different? This is a test! I think you just flunked!

8. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

Well, after the second look, it's a mirror image of swastika.

9. vslayer Registered Senior Member

its backwards, the bits go clockwise on a normal swatstika

10. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Yes, vslayer is right. It should point to the right, not to the left.

And in some countries, displaying the swastika is forbidden. (Many European countries, don´t know about America)

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

that is bollox
    1. swastika is an ancient indoeuropean and hindu symbol many thousands of years old
    2. clockwise or counter => they both are right, but each has its own meaning
    in hindu mythology clockwise is the vector of the spin of the energy which is life and evolution. counter clockwise spins the energy of the universe in the other direction which is death and degeneration.
    3. I hate ignorant people
    4. I wear a silver swastika myself. It's called firecross or thundercross in the baltic folklore, an attribute of the thunder god Perkons. Protects from evil spirits and brings good luck. In ancient days every male born had a wooden firecross hung above his bed until his death.

12. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Ah, and here I only used the word swastika for the Nazi symbol. After this definition:
    I am aware of the meanings of the suncross or whatever your local cultural roots call it. Sadly it is normally used by NeoNazis (here in Germany) and its display forbidden because of its connotation.

Alas, many people I know have no idea where the swastika originated, some obviously thinking that Hitler invented it himself (as if he ever invented something himself). This ignorance leads to the disrespectful status of the swastika.

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

It's not just my local culture, it's the culture of all indoeuropeans (and some indians) which the germans are a part of too. And the stupid people go with the flow and call nazi nazi without an idea what they really are seeing.

14. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I know that it is not only local culture, I merely said that it is labeled differently from culture to culture.

EDIT:
    And in my opinion, forbidding the display of the swastika is useless. First, it limits those who use it as a symbol in their spiritual belief system and second it does not limit the Nazis. Doesn´t make much sense to me.

15. Hideki Matsumoto ñ{ìñÇÃóùâ?ÇÕêSÇÃíÜÇ©ÇÁóàÇ ÈÅB Registered Senior Member

And Now I reveal what the symbol truly is... By the way good job avatar, Dixonmassy, Vslayer. No one could guess the name of the actuall symbol, unfortunatly!!
    Well it is actually a Buddhist symbol which means in a whirl it is used in both Japan and China and Tibet as a indicator for temple. The symbol is called Manji ( it is actully a chinese character) or in english "flyflot".
    4 arms indicates the 4 nobel truths in Buddism. The axis of the Manji idicates that the world is in a balance.

Now what do you think about banning the YUGIO cards beacuse of this symbol? Ignorance?

Fact two. The Nazi Swastika was taken from Tibet in the 1930's by Hinricht Himmler
    and his exploring party. While in a tibetian village Hinricht's team found " the gold aryan king" with this symbol underneath "actually a statue of Buddha". Hinricht also took skull samples from local grave sites from so call "science". Hinricht was also the brains behind the SS. He believed that the Tibetians were decendants of the "Frozen people" or true Aryans who might have been trapped in the last iceage. In his later years Hiricht built a full scale replica of the round table that "King Arthur" must have used according to Hinricht of course.

16. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

You know, I do not want to disappoint you, but there is another thread somewhere with the same theme and content... let me search a bit.

17. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

The Buddhists took the swastika symbol from local hindus just as Hitler took it from them if you say so, but the symbol was well known in Europe before even such a Germany existed.

18. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
  19. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

And the actual symbol is what it is -> what you see.
    The naming doesn't matter. You say your Buddhist naming is the right one? That is bollox! There are many namings. In germany it is swastika, in Latvia it is ugunskrusts in ancient india it was called differently.
    The Buddhists gave their own meaning to swastika which really is much more ancient than that. Why did they do it? To overlayer the local hindu religion and strenghten their buddhist path of life over the local religion.

20. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

here is an ancient balt belt ("Lielvārdes josta"), has the same significance as hindu holy scriptures have to them. now, what do you see there?

ancient balts knew nothing of buddhism, but we have some identical names of those in sanskrit

21. Hideki Matsumoto ñ{ìñÇÃóùâ?ÇÕêSÇÃíÜÇ©ÇÁóàÇ ÈÅB Registered Senior Member

2nd point it was banned in Canada because the Swastika is a hate symbol. It is against Canadian law to show anything that dipicts hatred towards any group of people. Hate literature/ anything that resembles hate propiganda will get you jail time some severe here.
    Very different from the US were you have "freedom of expression"
    Unfortunatly due to ignorance it was banned here. In the US it was banned by Jewish groups that pressured the US govt into making this decision.

22. Hideki Matsumoto ñ{ìñÇÃóùâ?ÇÕêSÇÃíÜÇ©ÇÁóàÇ ÈÅB Registered Senior Member

Never said that the "Manji" was the correct name. It is the correct naming of the symbols found on the Yugio card. Note Yugi is made in Japan!! ... LOOK AT THE THREAD NEXT TIME !

23. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

the actual symbol, what is it?
    I think that the most early one is the actual not later day buddhist or nazi inventions. that was/is my point