A Very Disturbing Dream

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by BigC, Jan 15, 2000.

1. BigC Registered Senior Member

Hey all. It's me again. I was wondering on something once again. The other night I had a wonderful 14 hours of rest. However, it wasn't all that
    wonderful. I had this disturbing dream that was conflicting with my beliefs on things. I for one, do not believe in any type or religion, just so you
    know.

Well, the dream was about some satanic figure trying to posses my body at one point in it. I know that, that is very disturbing for someone like
    me to even HAVE such a dream like that, since I don't believe in such things, but while I was in the dream, I was of course fighting him off, and
    I eventually won. But what disturbs me is,

'What if I haven't?'

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

It is not unusual for a person with no religious beliefs to have dreams that involve religious figures. They are, after all, symbols that are shoved down our throats and thrown at our faces from day one. They lurk in your subconscious. As far as your dream goes, it sounds like somewhere in your life you are trying to make a decision. Maybe you are considering taking up a religion? Ask yourself what the devil in your dream represented to you. Don't think of it as a devil, think of it as an emotion or a situation. What would it be?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. BigC Registered Senior Member

But I was so curious. I mean I have very complex emotions. Like, one time I'm very depressed and another time I'm extremely happy. So it just flip flops. I also have no relationships with hardly anyone so I don't think its a relationship issue. A situation for me? Hmm... I really don't have much of a life. Except for the fact for trying to look for UFOs and such. Sometimes I just think life is just too dang complex and want to give up when things look bleek, but things won't be getting much better for me.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Hi BIG C,
    firstly have you tried to eliminate the obvious?
    By that I mean, had you recently watched or read any horror fiction?
    Had you been in any discussion or been told anything about demon possession by anyone?
    In other words, could it have been on your mind in any way?

If none of the above fit the bill, then I would describe it as an anxiety dream.
    The demon represents a big problem in your life and you are conciously fighting it.

The profile you have given of yourself describes a lonely, shy and sadly pessimistic person who suffers bouts of manic depression, please forgive me if I'm wrong in my assertion but that's what jumps out at me.
    Could your lack of relationships be causing you anxiety?
    Could it be something unresolved from your childhood or another period in your life?

I hope you find peace.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

BigC,

You should try to focus all that energy into something creative. Don't let it simmer inside of you. Bring it out and dump it on a canvas or a word processor. Get a box of crayons--it doesn't matter what you use.

It sounds like your imagination is at work. Bring it out and express it. Then step back and have a look.

------------------
    It's all very large.

9. BigC Registered Senior Member

Well perhaps I could just realize the obvious. Well nothing to lose sleep over any how!

10. BigC Registered Senior Member

Well re-reading the statement. I figure that it could be because of lack of relationships with anyone could be the major cause of it. I just have a feel that I'm not welcome here at all. Humans certainly seem to care anymore on what some think.

11. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

It's your call. You're certainly not the first one to walk where you are now. I think it's good that you are exploring your dreams, feelings, and thoughts. It brings better understanding.

------------------
    It's all very large.

12. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Big C,
    you need to get out and meet people.
    Join some kind of group or class, you know keep fit, art, acting, photography, ecology, environment etc.
    Make a concious effort to be friendly and talk to strangers, they won't bite!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!