A Very Strange Alert

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Futilitist, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Is there another forum for posting grammatically correct memes?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

I chose that one for innocuity.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

A few things:
    1. You skipped from concept to concept without responding to criticisms, so you can't then complain about some of your posts being unanswered (even if true). As the OP, you lead the discussion and you led it to a sewer.

2. The relationship you note WAS true, for a time, but has started to break down in recent years (and of course didn't exist at all before oil was discovered).

3. Despite repeated requests, you have refused to connect your claims to physics, so there isn't much of anything to respond to on that front (again, since you haven't posted the ETP model, we can't comment on its construction). That said:

5. The assumption that GDP must always corelate to oil production is absurd at face value since before oil there was no corellation. Today, GDP and oil production are diverging because of both efficiency improvements and increases in other energy sources. And I'm quite certain you have no clue how the physics of either works.*

*Pop quiz: what is the theoretical minimum energy input required to move a 1000 kg object on a 10 km roundtrip? The answer to this question shows why the relationship you are touting has no necessary causal link.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Heh, the Sciforums facebook page only has 24 likes and one of them is mine. I can't figure how many members it has and wonder which ones actually post here.

Maybe this should be a different thread altogether and I'm too off topic.