A World Of Perfection

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Bowser, Jan 14, 2000.

1. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

I submit to you the thought that we live in a perfect world, that our lives are perfect, and that we are free to do as we please.

------------------
    It's all very large.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

I submit that we DO do as we please, and that's why the world isn't perfect.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Then I submit that "perfection" is subjective, and that's why, while I agree with Skye, I still find myself banging my head against the wall.

thanx,
    Tiassa

------------------
    Take a side you say, it's black and gray. And all the hunters take the hunted merrily out to play. We are one, you say, but who are you? You're all too busy reaping in the things you never sown. And this beast must go on and on and on .... Nobody gives a damn. (Floater; "Beast")

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. truestory Registered Senior Member

We currently live in a physical world. There is a perfect world to come which is spiritual.

8. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Yes, Heaven is subjective: some of us take pleasure in self deprevation, guilt, and judgement; while others bang their heads on the wall. It's yours for the taking.

---------------------------------
    Enjoy Life--It Just May Be A Gift

9. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

Somewhere I did a post regarding perfection and such. I think the world is perfect in it's imperfection. There's just enough adversity to keep it interesting.

------------------
    I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight, kill, and die for your right to say it.

10. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Yes. How would we know the opposite without adversity. Also, the struggle to overcome adversity is the foundation on which life is built--evolution. It plays a role in our lives, motivating us into action.

Good and Bad: you can't have one without the other. It just can't be.

------------------
    It's all very large.