A world with a loving God.

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Xelasnave.1947, Nov 2, 2019.

1. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I'm afraid (Q) has has called you out, kx000.

True. Here:

True. Here:

Kx000: You are preaching. This is a violation of forum rules:

"Preaching is ... stating how people should or should not act, as if the sermon itself were self-evidently true."
    http://www.sciforums.com/threads/sciforums-site-rules.142880/

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Non-believers go to hell because they are skeptical.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kx000 Valued Senior Member

I'm not preaching.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Would you be telling the truth if you said you were never skeptical?

8. kx000 Valued Senior Member

It's to not suffer, to not be skeptical...

9. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

It's a problem because frequently when you don't get YOUR way via threating us with burning in hell for eternity, you try to enforce your way by SECULAR LAW

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. kx000 Valued Senior Member

The devil is a friend to me. Just because you go to hell doesnt mean anything about your character (necessarily) it can be fun. If you want to come with me to Heaven that would be fine.

I dont believe in secular law, I think unholieness is evil.

11. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

And you don't see that as a problem?

If you ever are required to attend any secular Court Judges will love you

12. kx000 Valued Senior Member

The truth, and life are holy.

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Let me get this straight.

You believe your God created all of us, including you, the believer, and us skeptics. Right?
    Your God chooses to allow skepticism in his universe, even if he does not a approve of it.

My question to you is: why did your God set up this trap in order send people to hell? Why did he deliberately create people who are able to reason skeptically, only to condemn them to a hell that he also created when they use the faculties that he decided to give them?

Your God sounds like an immoral bully.

14. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Skeptics and wrong doers are part of nature.

15. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Yep.

16. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

With a Bar or Q code saying Made by god

No warranty given or implied as when fitted with free will is not guaranteed to obey god rules

17. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Does He have a Waste basket or Dumpster?

18. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Why is it that you never actually address the content of what is put to you? Why don't you answer direct questions?

It's like you're off in some kind of private religious fairyland of your own, only vaguely connected to the real world in which these posts appear. Every now and then your world comes close enough to the dimension the rest of us live in that you manage to insert a random piece of religious dogma. I'm not sure if you can manage to post more than a sentence fragment or so at a time. Then the fog envelops you again.

Does that religious fog ever clear enough for you to concentrate on the questions people are putting to you, or on what they are telling you?

The purpose of posting on a discussion forum is usually to have a discussion. At least, that's what most of us use them for.

19. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

What makes you think you're going to heaven? God can see what you're doing, he knows you're telling others what to do and what to believe, and he knows you're threatening them with hell, something only God can do. You are pretending to be God and you will answer for that. Because if heaven is filled with people like you, then that would just be another kind of hell.

20. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Because. He's. Preaching.

In his mind, he is minister, we are congregation.

21. kx000 Valued Senior Member

To give the skeptics their worthy existence.

22. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Time-energy uncertainty entails potential energy.

After a manner, yes.

I'll take a crack at this.

Free will. In order to be truly free, you must be allowed the real potential to make catastrophic mistakes. God didn't create believers and skeptics. It created people, who then make their own choices. And those choices can lead to the subjective experience of heaven or hell, all without any input from a God.

But you seem to imply that people who believe don't "use the faculties that he decided to give them". That seems biased, if not outright insulting. Care to rephrase that?

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

If skepticism is a catastrophic mistake, what is killing millions of people? Even if I lead a good life, I'll still be sitting next to Hitler and Stalin roasting marshmallows for simply being skeptical.

I would agree that it's insulting when people don't use the faculties they were given. Surely, not a single person goes through their day without using some skepticism. Perhaps, you're implying there are things skepticism should and should not be used or should not apply? I didn't notice any switches to turn skepticism on and off.