A world with a loving God.

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Xelasnave.1947, Nov 2, 2019.

1. just me Registered Senior Member

I believe in an afterlife, I am open to the existence of a god because I can't disprove it.
    but I will NEVER worship it. NEVER EVER.
    if there is a god, I am its unwilling puppet.

I have no idea what the afterlife would be like, I just think there is one.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

lol Good.

But if we tell God to fuck off who would create an afterlife? Or will we just takeover whatever the hell God created before his demise.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. just me Registered Senior Member

an afterlife doesn't need to be created, it is logically impossible for it not to exist.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. just me Registered Senior Member

because non existence entails not being aware of anything, right? there wouldn't be any you around to experience anything.
    and the absence of anything can't be experienced because that's the equivalent of experiencing nothing, which can not be done because there isn't anything to nothing to be experienced, its not a thing but the absence of anything.

so to be non existent is to not be aware of anything, which is to be aware of nothing, which isn't possible.

and everyone has to be aware of either something or nothing, if not 1 then the other, because to not be aware of nothing is to be aware of something, and to not be aware of anything is to be aware of nothing.

8. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

I'm trying to keep up... are you saying your afterlife will contain the absence of anything?

9. just me Registered Senior Member

I'm saying my afterlife can not contain the absence of anything, not as what I am aware of.
    basically, that I can't be aware of nothing, and can't be non existent because that would mean being aware of nothing.

10. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Does worm food count?

11. just me Registered Senior Member

don't know what you mean.

12. just me Registered Senior Member

if you mean for my afterlife, then yes, I suppose it does.
    but I would rather be worm food in my next life than worship a god like the one in Christianity.

13. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

Where are you getting this worship thing from?

Love the Lord our God with all your heart... no worship.

14. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Work on the empathy thing and maybe you deserve to live forever.

15. just me Registered Senior Member

why would I work on the empathy thing? empathy is an impedance.

davewhite04 likes this.
  16. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

If there was a loving all-capable God then he clearly would have helped people who are living with pain, or extremely lonely, or extremely sick or living on the streets.

For example why doesn't God help lonely women and men get affection from the opposite sex? There are many people starving for some affection from the opposite sex but for some reason just can't get it.

There are also so many people both men and women who want to become beautiful but also can't get it so why is that?

But since God never does any of those things for these people then I think it is much more rational, based on the evidence that I can see, that no such loving and all-capable God exists at all.

17. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I'm a loving, capable parent but that doesn't mean I clean up my kid's room for him.

Being a loving, capable parent often means encouraging one's children to develop their own coping skills toward a self-sustaining adulthood.

:looks pointedly at pluto2:

18. davewhite04 Valued Senior Member

What is the worst thing about being alone?

19. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

Then you are a selfish parent who shouldn't be allowed to have any children at all.

Anyway I just don't buy into your ridiculous idea that an extremely loving and all-capable deity is the same thing as an loving parent. It's just not the same thing because you can't compare a all-capable God to a parent.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  20. pluto2 Banned Valued Senior Member

My point was that this planet we live in is extremely shitty and cruel place to many people.

No wonder why so many young people want to kill themselves just to escape this bullshit of a planet.

And believe me most people these days are extremely rude and shitty as well.

Hell I tried to kill myself multiple times as well just so I will not to be forced to live on this shitty world with so many shitty and cruel people anymore.

21. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Have you tried not being shitty cruel and rude? You may find the world treats you a little better.

Vociferous likes this.
  22. Vociferous Valued Senior Member

Nope, nothing different. A loving God would value freedom just as much as the many people who've died fighting for it throughout our history.

Because God's not in the business of rewarding incels for the personal problems that made them incels. A God would rather you learn how to overcome your problems yourself, even if that means learning to love someone of the opposite sex who isn't all that attractive.

23. just me Registered Senior Member

but learning requires memory, and memory is a brain function, and brains just decay and their memories go away.
    so, humans are just gonna forget the lessons that this hypothetical god teaches them.
    and also, if there weren't any problems in the first place, there would be no need to learn how to cope with them.