Abortion

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Anarcho Union, Feb 25, 2010.

?

Do You Believe in Abortion

1. Yes, its my body, its my right

23 vote(s)
    41.1%
  2. Yes, I Have Had One And It Made My Life Better

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Yes (other reason)

19 vote(s)
    33.9%
  4. No, Wheres the Babys Rights? He/She is an American Too

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. No, It is Murder

10 vote(s)
    17.9%
  6. No, (Other Reason)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Indeed.

I wonder what happens if she needs drugs for a medical conditions? Like I mentioned, epilepsy? This actually happened...see this woman's blog post

http://feministlawprofs.law.sc.edu/?p=571

I think I will start a separate thread on the idea of pre-pregnancy, would be interesting.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Actually they don't. They definately grow faster, bigger, and prettier laden with chemical fertilizers and pesticides. As for the taste, I can tell a difference. The organic are more flavorable imo. I can also taste the chemicals in some non organic varieties.

Next time you're at the grocery compare the appearance of organic vs nonorganic fruits and veggies. The organic look puny compared to the non, and are 2X the price.

One of my friends husbands is from jamaica so she travels there frequently. She told me she was shocked when she was served a chicken breast there because it was so small. And she realized that was because it hadn't been pumped full of steroids, hormones, and antibiotics like they are here in the states.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

My response makes sense and i think you realize that due to not responding to it.

Do you believe all the 'infomercials' you watch? You have to realize that everything in nature is organic but that is difficult to understand, still the point should be made. The proper way to describe is: grown unaided.

You realize there are such things as young chickens? Young chickens would be smaller.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

Also, the chicken itself could have been fed less.

8. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i'm sure that's true. and upon doing some research, i found that hormones are not used in commercial chicken production. for some reason they've been banned in chicken production but not in beef and dairy production. and apparently it's not cost effective for chicken production.

the avg broiler chicken is 6 wks to slaughter, so it is very young. but apparently through selective breeding, feeding, and probably genetic modification, we have the ability to grow abnormally fat chickens really fast.

i was misled by some labeling that boasts "hormone free", as if there was a "hormone laden" variety as well. :shrug:

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat - Closure

Mod Hat — Closure

Nearly 1,150 posts. We're onto chickens. I think this one is done.

Members, please be advised that there is a new abortion-related thread occurring, and it is a bit more issue-specific than simply recycling the same old arguments over and over for a thousand posts or so.

This closure does not preclude future general discussions of abortion. But I would remind that these discussions seem to simply recycle rhetoric with which we are all, for the most part, familiar. Add in the chickens, and this one has officially become useless.

Last edited: May 17, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.