About Tamorph

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Tamorph, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Tamorph Registered Member

Just introducing myself.

I am a former minister of religion but subsequently went on to get a science degree, and I have always been interested in religion, science and philosophy.

My aim of joining the forum is to increase my scientific knowledge and contribute to the scientific knowledge of others when I can.

I realise that religion, philosophy and science are wide ranging bedfellows. I'm not one to push my faith and if science contradicts my faith or my philosophy then I'm always ready to accept the science provided it is based on repeatable evidential proof.

I don't find any conflict between religion and science, as I believe all science starts off as an idea based in faith. A scientist gets an idea, and has sufficient 'faith' in their idea to try to prove it experimentally. Sometimes they subsequently find their ideas to be correct, and they develop it, sometimes they find their ideas unprovable and move on.

I'm non-dogmatic, easy going, and have a wide ranging interest in every aspect of science.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Welcome to the place, pleased to meet you.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.