About the members Round 7 : Varda

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by cosmictraveler, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

It's ok hunny... don't remember who you are either

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

ZING

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Anyway, I am pretty sure that I am remembered on here as much for my arthropods and skulls as I am for my dashing good looks.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Varda, someone changed the name up above this post.

8. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

You realise, of course, that as soon as you stoop to stating that you've won the argument, you've effectively lost it? I wonder how many times I've seen someone say "<something> /end thread" and only raised an eyebrow in response.
    With reference to the Zing - I'm not feeling particularly Zung at all. I don't really see myself as being particularly memorable, to most.

I did enjoy the insect photos (a lot), which does obviously give away that I do indeed remember you, but I said "in terms of content".
    So, exactly what is it you said that was so memorable?

No, you're not. That is not an insult aimed at you, but rather this forum. Or mankind, in general. Whatever.

BTW, Cosmic just called you "Vaeda". I have the theme music running through my head as we speak.
    Now, if you can somehow squeeze the life out of some around here through the sheer power of your mind, then I'll be most impressed.
    Have at it. You can do me first, if you like.

9. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Oh don't tempt me. I like to fly low.

10. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Tak.

11. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

lol, I can't believe you had that saved.

12. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

hey killjoy, is spuriousforums still alive? I went through the rigor for retrieving a password for there, but I didn't get any emails...

13. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Hey Marquis, do you know what it is like when you participate in a forum for years and years and all they can remember is your breasts?

Oh, I think you do!

14. Liebling Doesn't Need to be Spoonfed. Valued Senior Member

While your posts aren't as succinct as they used to be because, as you have readily admitted, you've usually taken the booze bus to get here and it's not the place it used to be. However, the important people who interacted with you in your peak times do indeed remember you and will for a long time. Your name continues to come up time and time again as one of the better minds of sciforums heyday.

15. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

It still exists, though "alive" might be a slight exaggeration of it's status. I'll pm you a link, since the anal retentive - I MEAN highly perceptive and unflaggingly well-intentioned staff of this place might still be into deleting it as they used to whenever it was posted.

16. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

I think most of the problem is the lack of those worthy enough to "bounce off". We... and I use that word deliberately, whether our actual ideals coincided or not, in some cases... at least possessed an ability to discern that which was good argument, and that merely rhetoric.
    It's nearly all rhetoric, now. Copious volumes of it, so much so that one becomes tired even attempting to summon the energy to form arguments in reply to inconsequential minutiae. Pictures, short videos, news articles presented as "fact".

I have to admit, my own writing reached a peak in those times mostly due to that alone... the sense that one was required to meet quality with quality. I suppose an example are sports stars who actually decline in ability playing in lower leagues.
    I doubt now I'll ever recover it, really. Hence, as I said, I miss you all. Even those who were, in those times, regarded as enemies.

But thank you.

17. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Well, no I really do not. I don't have any, you see.
    My comments aimed in your direction were at least partially tongue in cheek; however having said that, I say "at least partially" mostly in deference to the point that you did, in fact, post pictures of yourself and thereby open the floodgates.
    Of course in saying that, I have, according to some more recent threads, just opened myself to accusations of "victim blaming", ney?

Places like this are those in which one might sidestep the issue (although having seen reactions to the more "spirited" women on this forum in the past, I'm not sating that as an absolute either), and might be taken advantage of, in that regard, were you to take that opportunity.

As I said, the insect photos were... wonderful.
    Those of you, while definitely interesting, not so memorable. That is not an insult.

18. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I recall Varda, rather, for her guitar playing, entomological interests, immigration issues and Brazilian nationality.

Oh, and the macabre fascination with skulls, of course.

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I see you've changed your avatar.

I visited his site also and found little conversation going on there and very few members.

20. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

You might - most, apparently, don't. Varda herself proved that, as does this thread.

I must have been on a hiatus with the Skulls bit. I don't remember those at all.
    In fact, had I noticed it, I might have been far more interested than I was.

Oh well. Let's see what she has.

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Tch. Always about the physical with you, isn't it? For shame, sir.

22. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Hah!

Nice.

23. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

The humorous tone of your posts did not escape me. It is for that reason that I replied as I did.

You may feel free to take all my posts as being tongue in cheek, as well, because they are...
    or don't, doesn't matter to me.

And I shall clear you of any charges of blaming the victim. I expect to get wet when I walk in the rain.