about Undecided banned

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Avatar, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

What was ssd's problem?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Read the thread, Athelwulf.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Isn't that question rather ... ah ... moot?

I mean, technically, we'd rather "not moderate" a forum full of rational, relatively coherent, somewhat mature human beings.

Take a simple comparison: I have to whip out my green hat maybe once a month. In EM&J, people seem to understand how to go through the motions of spirited debate without pissing into the wind. Part of this is the fact that it's the "Ethics" forum, but the point still stands: Less bullpucky, less moderation.

More complex is the larger consideraton of what one might consider offensive. There's a poster 'round here who even goes so far as to message me privately in order to cuss me out and tell me what I'm acting like, but at least his insults are nestled amid some content. I may disagree with that content, but whether deep thought or intense, impulsive frustration, he is devoting a remarkable amount of energy to it. If you're going to paint the walls blue or spatter them with mud and shite, do it artfully, and put some effort into it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Oh!! hell everyone disagrees from time to time, it's just when the conversation or debate only falls on insults of one another without content, and plainly start a FLAME WAR!!. that it all gets stupid, to kind of remind people by "banning" them for a rather short period of time seems to be justifiable, perhaps so they can get their shiet together, and atack the content of debate other than each other.

I admit, I've been quilty of (minor insults) even with a person I now cosider a friend Tiassa, He and I got into it, way back when I first came here to sci-forums, amongs other attacks I've started, specially after 9-11 and my rants against muslim, but I always tried to keep level headed, and not come out completely insulting someone to the extent flaming through several threads of different subjects. This should be a quideline when one just keeps an constant attack upon an individual no matter what they post, except with the excemption of some weirdo like Leo, lol,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But I don't constantly keep insulting him with his character mostly the content of what he writes.

So again;

Can't we just all get along?.

Godless.

8. Undecided Banned Banned

Thank you everyone for your support in protesting against this ban. I would like to say sorry to the word dick, because as one can plainly see I used it. Now it is beyond my comprehension why I was banned for not calling one a dick, but merely acting like one. But of course I don’t believe my ban is merely because the innocuous use of the word “dick”. There is very little question in my mind as for why I was banned so easily and rudely (I was not even sent a PM or E-mail to tell me I was banned, I had to find out on this thread. It’s not like I didn’t try either I sent him an E-mail demanding an explanation no response). The reason why I was banned is because I believe that Goofy is simply a figurehead and not much more. I have told Goofy constantly that he has to start cleaning up the forum with excessive posters. Even by his own admission I am not an insulting poster, so what is the justification for my banning? Simple, he is angry at me for belittling and questioning his authority, which I believe is virtually non-existent (unless his petty emotions are involved, and his grudges). As ssd said Goofy is using this as a attack against me not to maintain the ethical standard of the forum, I will quote ssd to show you what I mean: when the goofball drags out a previous incanartion of undecided as a reason for the ban, it is very obvious what motivates his actions, and ssd it sure is. Goofy is a bold faced liar as well, I did not receive a "final warning" that is nonsense. Do you know what I do get from the piteous Goofyfish in my PM’s?

That was in response to this:

Like Lincoln said; Truth is generally the best vindication against slander., and the truth has been set free ladies and gentlemen. You decide who here truly has the problem? I or the transference of hate from a hypocritical moderator? Yet the irony here people is that I was banned is not ironic? That a man who has such a foul mouth, no manners, and doesn’t understand what a martyr means gets off scott free? Do you know why I go that PM because I questioned Goofy on how he isn’t doing anything to solve the problems of WE&P, and that made him angry. You know why people get angry? Because their façade is exposed, and they have to do something to make up for that loss of face. This thread was imo for Goofy was the last straw:

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=39660

Like I said in my jab at the so called “moderators” There is more of this serve case of psychosis on sci, the moderators haven’t been able to do anything about this (which I find to be extremely odd considering I’m pretty sure that Multiple personalities have been banned before), especially when there are 6 different names with one user. I was banned for not calling someone a dick (merely stating he was “acting” as one), yet users can have unknown number of accounts using them simultaneously, posting garbage get off free? Goofy is a emotional human being who has it out for me, and constantly does try to belittle me, Goofy has it out for me because I successfully question his motivations, and his judgment. For those of you who defended me against this truly minor infraction, and arbitrary use of powers I thank you. And for who banned me, I would also like to say thank you. You really have shown your true colors not only to me but hopefully to yourselves as well.

9. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

And rather than ponder why your ban was lifted early, continue to think that you
    mean more to me than you do. I do not "have it out for you" else I would not have
    constantly warned you prior to giving the slightly firmer nudge of a temp banning.

With the exception of some occasionally well-thought posts, you make me yawn.

:m: Peace.

10. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I hope that's not an offence against the rules /sniggers.

11. Undecided Banned Banned

you make me yawn.

I doubt that's true, I have proven conclusively your attitude towards me. If you really didn't care about me then why utter such words as little shit bird ? If that’s not hatred what is it? One thing is for sure you have proven to be what you are a hypocrite of biblical proportions.

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

So what does the "Actually" refer to?

13. Undecided Banned Banned

It refers to this:

The response was:

Did I show any disrespect to him? No…but I got a shit load back.

14. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I'd guess it pertains to this, "It seems I’m the only one who actually cares about the damn forum."

So, Undecided has been unbanned? Has Gendanken been unbanned as well? I see that banned is gone from her title and has been replaced with registered user. What about Oth and Preacher? Are all bans rescinded?

Coffee and cake for everyone!

15. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

It is disrespectful to take advantage of the leeway given to you.
    How many times did I just warn you prior to this incident?

:m: Peace.

16. Undecided Banned Banned

It is disrespectful to take advantage of the leeway given to you.
    How many times did I just warn you prior to this incident?

Leeway given to me? You mean not even getting a notice nothing at all to tell me why I was even banned? You mean this targeted ban? Do you honestly expect anyone here to believe that “acting like a dick” is a serious infraction enough to warrant a ban? By the looks of it most people thought it went too far. I would understand a ban under more serious circumstances but…of course not calling a poster a dick is enough. Secondly how many times have I shown you posts that were significantly worse attacks on me by other members and you did…hmm…nothing at all? Don’t pretend to be the righteous victim here, facts sting don’t they? You are vindictive, and arbitrary.

17. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

How many times?

18. Undecided Banned Banned

How many times what? Expand, don't be ambiguous.

19. Undecided Banned Banned

Here's an example that PROVES the arbitrary and vindictive nature of Goofy's moderation. Here is my post that was deleted watch and learn the way I am treated by that man:

That was deleted! I Pm-ed Goofy trying to understand why (no response), this was not deleted from a poster who I will not name from that same thread:

So as you can plainly see why I know Goofy targets me and my posts. You decide.

Edit: The poster who uttered the term , you lying little bitch. was not banned, but I was banned for not calling a individual a dick.

So Goofy I'd love to hear your "explanation"?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2004
  20. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

How many times?

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Undecided

What's the big deal, I got banned from a religious forum for providing a bit of reality to a bunch of zealots. No big woop.

22. Undecided Banned Banned

(Q)

What's the big deal

Do you get insulted by Moderators? Do your legitimate posts get deleted? It’s a No big woop. because I don’t take kindly to liars.

How many times?

18 that’s how many birthdays I had, what’s your question I don’t know what you are referring to. I am asking merely for an explanation which you refuse to give. Mind explaining to me why my post was deleted and the others was not?

23. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

You already know the answer. Why ask?..
    At times like this I'm happy I operate my own forum from which nobody can ban me