Abrahamic cult members only. It is demonstrable that God has to be one of us.

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Greatest I am, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

You only demonstrate your ignorance.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I actually think starting with Pope John Paul II, there has been a concerted effort (and progress made) with respect to helping to "unite" the Abrahamic faiths, worldwide. I don't think there needs to be a Vatican III rather, if the efforts already in place stay the course, we should see greater progress in terms of keeping the lines of communication open in hopes of fostering greater unity. Such a task as you suggest however, shouldn't fall solely in the Catholic Church's lap, however.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

It would not. You cannot have a party without making sure the guests are available.

You are right that some efforts came out of Vatican II but I think they have all petered out. At least I do not know of any talks of rapprochement at the present time.

Regards
    DL

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

LOL. Sorry, but your inability to understand that folks who don't believe in gods are going to be in the same group as opposed to those who do.

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Hilarious, we need to get rid of the Abrahamic religions, not solidify them.

9. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I would like nothing better than to rid the world of the vilest God on offer. I do not see that happening even as I see many including myself trying to rid ourselves of that prick of pricks.

You forget our tribal natures. We can change Gods. We cannot eliminate them as they serve evolution and survival too well.

You forget that most do not follow their Gods at all. They only follow culture, tradition and their tribal natures.

[video=youtube;iV2VjdpVonY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2VjdpVonY[/video]

Regards
    DL

10. Sorcerer Put a Spell on you Registered Senior Member

That's a pertinent comment. I wish a had a quid for every muslim I've seen drinking alcohol. I used to holiday in Morocco and you couldn't get into the bars for the locals.

11. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

That and the U S says it is a Christian nation yet leads the West in the highest numbers in jail as well as abortion and divorce.

Religions and hypocrisy go hand in glove.

Regards
    DL

12. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

[video=youtube;alRNbesfXXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

13. Syne Sine qua non Valued Senior Member

Wow, even when I spoon-feed you, you cannot manage to learn. Remember this?

Two-thirds of them ["nones"] say they believe in God (68%) - http://www.pewforum.org/2012/10/09/nones-on-the-rise/

These are the facts. Deal with it.