ACORN, trying to help the democrats steal another election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cazzo, Oct 9, 2008.

?

I think ACORN should be :

1. Shut down immediately and investigated and members prosecuted for voter fraud

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Simply shut down

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No opinion

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Left alone, it's doing a good job

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. Cazzo Registered Senior Member

Election after election, the left-wing group ACORN has been involved in voter fraud in attempts to steal elections for the democratic party.
    Today, once again, ACORN has been found committing voter fraud in Missouri :
    http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hNf_-bBZls_mvLIRCFJtlkMM3mhAD93MIU6O0

"I don't even know the entire scope of it because registrations are coming in so heavy," Davis said. "We have identified about 100 duplicates, and probably 280 addresses that don't exist, people who have driver's license numbers that won't verify or Social Security numbers that won't verify. Some have no address at all."

I wonder what Obama thinks of this ?
    Obviously the left-wing news media is sympathetic to stealing elections, since they don't cover stories like this, or if they do, they try portraying it as Republicans trying to "suppress voter rights"....

When is this criminal organization going to be finally shut down ???

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

I heard about this on the radio. They were saying that some names appear 10 times and also the entire dallas cowboys roster appear in some random state not near texas...i think missouri.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

If that is the case, they have been doing a bad job at stealing elections! Somebody certainly stole an election in 2000....but I 'm pretty sure it wasn't ACORN.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

which makes you think that the actual spread was much better in favor of Bush to begin with before the voter fraud.

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Is there any truth to this story? I have only heard from right wing whacko sources. I would like to hear some proof from non biased sources. Before I believe anything it has to to go through a filtering and review process. Because it is being floated by right wing sites in an election period, it is highly suspect to be a false allegation. And don't give me the old right wing sob story, you can only believe material from right wing whacko sources...the world is biased against you.

9. kmguru Staff Member

do a google and find out if it is posted in major newspapers....

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I heard an interview with the head of ACORN. It appears that the accusations against them are merely right-wing politics as usual, trying to limit our voting rights. ACORN is a non-partisan voter registration group.

Stealing elections takes more than voter fraud, it takes election fraud on a massive scale. Republicans like to LIE and tell you voter fraud is the real problem.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  11. Balerion Banned Banned

This is just more right-wing scare tactics. That's all it is. There is no validity to this story. Faux News has pushed the story because they're basically a better campaigner for the Republican candidate than the Republican candidate himself.

This is very typical of Republicans, by the way, to mess with votes. They've been caught trying to suppress votes in the past, and even this year they've been caught trying to confuse inner-city folks to the point where they believe they can't vote. And rather than people thinking for themselves, you've got folks like Cazzo who simply see it on Faux News and regurgitate it on forums and blogs, not once stopping to see if the story is validated elsewhere.

12. Cazzo Registered Senior Member

Correction; someone TRIED to steal the 2000 election by cherry-picking heavy democratic counties in Florida for endless recounts.

13. Cazzo Registered Senior Member

Many of the left-wing news media outlets barely cover this since they're sympathetic to this kind of behavior from leftists.

14. Cazzo Registered Senior Member

Radical leftists pretend this is a "fake" story, simply because they sympathize with voter fraud on the left. Just look at the 2000 election in Florida, where not only did radical leftists try strealing the election, but they also had the nerve to say the Republicans "stole" the election....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

If that isn't radical and anti-democracy, I don't know what is.

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I think you hit the nail on the head JDawg. I was listening to Hannity the other day cause that is all there is on talk radio in the Cininatti area. And I couldn't help but think, as I often had in the past, these guys really need a enemy in order to justify their absurd illogical unfactual postions. When you have a them, who are innately evil, you can rationalize a lot of crap. What I find particularily scary about the "conservatism" of the last two decades is that it is not about issues but about "them"...them that don't agree with the party line...them that don't listen to only sanctioned sources of information...the them that are not as patriotic as the us. It is a strange and scary thing. You take away the "them" from the likes of hannity, and hannity is nothing but a two bit clown.

16. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Correction: Someone tried to stop recounts in counties that had evidence of election fraud in them to attempt to steal the election.

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

No, what is Radical and anti-democracy is to call trying to ensure a fair election election fraud which is what you are doing. The evidence is out their the republicans stole the 2000 election and odds are stole the 2004 election. The standard ways of deterimining election fraud point to republican election fraud in both elections. Deal with. Not doing so is stupid. Trying to blame on the dems is even worse.

18. Balerion Banned Banned

You're completely wrong. First of all, the Republicans are the ones who try to suppress votes, because new voter registration is Democratic at a 2:1 rate. The less votes cast, the better the chance that the Republican will win. That's how it works.

Now, onto your most erroneous statement, the one about the 2000 election, there were legitimate errors with ballots in Florida, but the Republicans wanted to suppress it before it could be recounted. Remember, the original call was Florida for Gore, and later it was changed.

But what I want to know is where you get your information from? Where's the evidence that the Democrats tried to steal an election in 2000?

19. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

mr. hannity and mr. limbaugh

20. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

LOLOLOLOL..

The media are sympathetic to those that would deregulate the media markets, enabling the conglomerates to grow larger.

Right now it just happens to be the republicans.

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Histrionics and hypocrisy

It's simple enough: The situation requires investigation. The individuals responsible for any wrongdoing should be held accountable. If the scandal is merely a lack of vigilance by the organization before transferring voter registrations to the state, some measures will have to be considered.

That point, however, is a touchy area. In 2004, some Republican-leaning voter-reg drives were scandalized when it emerged that the organizations were screening and disposing of new registrations based on perceptions of political allegiance; that is, they appeared to be throwing out potential Democratic voters.

And while there is a clear difference between that and passing on the registrations of the entire Dallas Cowboys, I would think the problem with asking the voter-reg organizations to screen the registrations is obvious; that should be done at a state level.

In this sense, provocateurs could easily create scandal by targeting voter-reg organizations believed to support the opposition and flooding them with bogus registrations.

However, if an investigation shows in the first place that ACORN agents were, in fact, faking registrations, they need to be held accountable, and if that effort took place with the mere knowledge—speak nothing of explicit consent—of the organization's executives, further action needs to occur.

The question of shutting down the operation entirely would then rest in the local statutes.

In 2004, though, we were expected to pretend that Republican-leaning organizations filtering voter registrations were isolated incidents, and talk of voter-reg fraud as an attempt to steal the election was roundly derided by right-wing mouthpieces.

In 2008, I am not prepared to simply grant the right wing the most convenient standard for their politics. Players on both sides ought to be able to remember what happened four years ago, or eight. Or even farther back as necessary. Hell, if you listen to Republicans complain about Democrats in general these days, it seems their memory hits a wall sometime around January, 2007. Beyond that, their recall is incredibly sketchy.

To my fellow liberals and Democratic Party supporters, I can only offer the note that it doesn't matter if this is just another part of the right-wing sleaze machine. Just hold them to their own standards, and if they are unwilling, let's find out why what was good enough for them four years ago is suddenly insufficient. As the opposition so gravely forsakes its integrity, it becomes all the more important that we protect and nurture ours.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  22. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Well...if nothing else..they do have good taste in football teams

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. radicand Registered Senior Member

You need to change your quote to just Ignorant instead of "educator of the the ignorant right". :roflmao:

Just like Barry everything that comes out of your mouth is basically a misrepresentation of the truth. In short, lying.