ACORN, trying to help the democrats steal another election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cazzo, Oct 9, 2008.

?

I think ACORN should be :

1. Shut down immediately and investigated and members prosecuted for voter fraud

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Simply shut down

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No opinion

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Left alone, it's doing a good job

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

investigate, no doubt.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

I was wondering when you would show up to spout more lies.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Notes on the voter-registration wars

Source: The Guardian
    Link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2008/oct/13/election-acorn-voter-fraud
    Title: "The Republican voter fraud hoax", by Brad Friedman
    Date: October 13, 2008

The view from over there: The Guardian's Brad Friedman tries to make sense of the ACORN controversy for his British readers.

The only real question is where to post this. There are three threads specifically about ACORN, and a search of the word "acorn" in the Politics forum turns up a total of fifteen topics in which the issue has been raised. I'll go with this one, started by Cazzo, because it is the earliest, opened on October 8, 2008.

In the meantime, while everyone has been fretting about ACORN, the head of a group called Young Political Majors, a voter-registration group hired by the California Republican Party, was arrested over the weekend for voter registration fraud. According to FOX News, Mark Anthony Jacoby has been charged with two counts relating to his 2006 and 2007 registrations, accused of providing false information.

Additionally, the state is investigating claims by newly-registered voters that they were "duped" into registering as Republicans. This strange tale alleges that the voters signed what they believed were petitions for tougher sentences for convicted child molesters. Signature gatherers allegedly told some that they had to register as Republicans in order to sign the petition—which is illegal under California law—while others said they had no idea their party affiliation was being changed. A former election supervisor in Alachua County, Florida, told the Los Angeles Times that YPM used the same tactic in that state.

Not the worst thing in the world, this YPM scandal. But the irony is keen.

See Also:

"Republican Voter Registration Chief Arrested for Fraud in California". FOX News. October 20, 2008. http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/1...registration-chief-arrested-fraud-california/

Halper, Evan and Michael Rothfield. "Voters say they were duped into registering as Republicans". Los Angeles Times. October 18, 2008. http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-fraud18-2008oct18,0,2406511,full.story

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Just because he is registered 72 times doesn't mean he is going to vote 72 times. I think most poll workers are smarter than that. In Ohio one must submit valid identifification in order to vote.

Do you think Micky Mouse is going to be able to present valid Identification? Don't you think that if you were trying to perpetrate voting fraud that you would use a fraudelent name other than Micky Mouse?

9. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I specially liked the word "another" in the title, since the last 2 elections were stolen by the Reps...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The dems are just too stupid to execute such a feat, I would give them extra credit if they could...

10. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

yeah that was rather amusing.

11. Balerion Banned Banned

Are you really that ignorant of the rules? Unless that person finds a way to vote 72 times, then there isn't a problem. Registrations mean nothing without the voter. If you could look beyond the Fox News reports and try to, like, I dunno, think for a second, you know that what you're being told by Faux News and the RNC doesn't match up. Just think about it. Or better yet, read up on it.

12. superstring01 Moderator

"ACORN trying to help the Democrats steal another election"

When did the other one happen?

~String

13. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/acorn_accusations.html

The good, the bad, and the surprisingly not so ugly given all the cries of their destroying democracy.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Very good Pandaemoni!

15. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

What kind of group tries to steal elections by whistle blowing on its self?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  16. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

2000 2002 2004 2006

They haven't succeeded yet, but that doesn't mean the steal hasn't been on.

How about the J. F. Kennedy election, 1960? and I was a Kennedy supporter, and as I have stated many times, he is a Democrat that I can and did support.

The dead voted in Chicago and Texas, and in both states it was vote early vote often.

In the 1960 presidential race Richard M. Nixon lost by a hair to John F. Kennedy.​

Two states with razor-thin margins for Kennedy could have swung the election to Nixon: Kennedy carried Texas by only 46,000 votes, and he carried Illinos by a mere 9,000 votes.

Illinois was then, and is now, dominated by Democratic machine politicians the kings of which are the Daley family of Chicago fame.

Democratic Campaign Chair, William Daley, is the son of the late Chicago Mayor Richard J. Daley who was instrumental in "stealing" the 1960 election from Nixon. Bill Daley is also brother to the current Chicago Mayor, Richard Daley, Jr.

In the aftermath of 1960 virtual non-election, investigators were alarmed by the fact that on election eve the Republicans were leading in Illinois but Daley’s operatives were withholding the results of a large number of precincts for some worrisome reason.

Then, when Kennedy was just four electoral votes shy of winning the presidency, all of the missing Chicago precincts mysteriously reported at the same time, turning the tide in favor of Kennedy.

There were 68 million votes cast in the 1960 election. The margin between the Republicans and the Democrats (Nixon and Kennedy) was a trifling 113,000 (less than 2/10 of one percent!) in favor of Kennedy.

A subsequent investigation of vote fraud in Illinois and Texas revealed the following:

Fannin County, Texas had only 4,895 registered voters. BUT 6,138 votes were cast, 75% of which went to Kennedy.

Angelina County, Texas: In one precinct, only 86 people voted yet the final tally was 147 for Kennedy, 24 for Nixon.

But Texas refused to conduct a recount. The Texas Election Board consisted entirely of Democrats, and the Board certified John Kennedy the winner in Texas.

Illinois: News reporters witnessed so much voter fraud by the Democrats that the Chicago Tribune stated "the election of November 8 was characterized by such gross and palpable fraud as to justify the conclusion that [Nixon] was deprived of victory." (As quoted by the Washington Post.)

The Republican National Committee filed a lawsuit challenging the Chicago results. Not coincidentally, the lawsuit was assigned to the courtroom of a judge known to be friendly to Daley and the Democratic party, Circuit Court Judge Thomas Kluczynski. After predictably dismissing the Republican suit, Kluczynski was rewarded by "President" John F. Kennedy with an appointment to the federal bench.

Earl Mazo was a reporter for the New York Herald Tribune in 1960. He investigated charges of Chicago voter fraud in the 1960 Kennedy / Nixon elections. Mazo found a cemetary in one Chicago precinct where the names on the head stones were registered voters who had actually voted!

Reporter Mazo also visited the Chicago address where 56 Kennedy voters listed their address. What he found was an abandoned, demolished house.

After numerous Democratic judges dismissed Republican charges of voter fraud, Kennedy was inaugurated.

Following Kennedy’s inauguration, the U.S. Department of Justice performed an inconclusive investigation into the accumulated evidence of voter fraud. The head of the DOJ was none other than U.S. Attorney General Bobby Kennedy, brother of you-know-who.

This summary is based on the story "Another Race to the Finish" by Peter Carlson, published in the Washington Post, 11/17/00, Page A01
    [link http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A36425-2000Nov16?language=printer ]

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Still trying to argue against reality and the facts I see.

Right everything obama says is a lie. most of the fact checking sites have shown Obama more honest than McCain.

18. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

as far as I know they have never tried to steal an election.

19. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

funny you didn't seem to have a problem with these kinds of things happening when it was in bush's favor in 2000 and 2004?

20. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Now please provide proof that the Republicans have stolen a election.

This is what I have found, Democrats are the ones who are trying to steal elections.

http://spectator.org/archives/2008/10/22/voter-fraud/1

Voter Fraud
    By Peter Ferrara on 10.22.08 @ 6:09AM

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

the illegal purging of voters in florida in 2000.

You found democratic voter fraud and not republican simply because you went looking for one and not the other. Also the american spectator is not an unbiased objective source.

22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Hard site proof, your word isn't enough, the Web site URL and all.

\

And you still haven't provided any proof of Republican voter fraud.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

"I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of the people. They never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down."

Paul Weyrich, co-founder of the Heritage Foundation.

That explains what the Republicans are doing now, and why they did it in 2000. The Bush v. Gore decision demanded an end to the vote count. Loook it up. This is why they are not afraid to go after a non-partisan voter registration organization.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008