Addictions substance & behaviours

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by RainbowSingularity, Feb 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

i watched a guy the other day
    & i think he is addicted to steroids

i think he is emotionally addicted to the behaviour cycle
    where he has got a physical effect
    now his emotional internal issues which go unsolved
    play out as the desire for the drug effects
    but because he needs to remove himself he is seeking detachment inside attachment
    normalization of socialization outside cognitive perception of abuse

but he has normalised that as his social circle
    & appears to be drawing in drama when it was supposed to be free of drama
    now he appears to be stuck inside his social circle that he was supposed to be removing himself from drama with, to be addicted to steroids and not controlling the amount of drama that he engages with..
    all the while probably living in the closet
    [people can be soo complicated i feel for the guy(not sexually he doesn't spin my wheels)]

im around 70% sure i watched him engaging in a drug hand off but i didnt stop to watch any actual activity.
    i decided i didnt care because its none of my business
    im interested in the psychology of addiction

he appeared to be addicted to the paradigm of the power associations while needing to detach
    possibly underlying un treated depression with gay possibly a bit bi living partially in the closet

to my main point
    steroid addiction

your thoughts ?
    have you been addicted to steroids ?

side line question : does it create massive fluid retention ?

your honest non deliberately abusive thoughts & comments on the subject appreciated

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Based on looks?

Is this guy somebody you know well, or a stranger?

You seem to have somehow delved into his complex emotional life very deeply. How many long conversations did you have with the guy, to allow you to reach all these conclusions about him?

Are you a psychologist?
    Normalised what as his social circle?

When what was supposed to be free of drama?

So you know this guy personally? And he has swapped one social group for a different one? Is that what you're telling us?

Probably? What makes you think that?

What makes you 70% sure, since you didn't watch any "actual activity"?

What did you watch, that wasn't "actual activity", that made you think he was engaging in a drug?
    But here you are, posting all about it on an internet forum. Why?

So you care about it as example of the psychology of addiction?

Hour many hours of analysis did it take you to uncover these psychological issues with him?

Are they addictive? I didn't know.

No.

Probably depends on the steroid, I'd imagine. I'm no expert.

No problem.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

you are stating that the only way to learn & comprehend these aspects is by long conversations with the specific person ?
    are you a psychiatrist ?

HIGHLY addictive
    steroids are equally addictive as anxiety medication combined with opioids
    because they effect hormones & directly effect not only emotions but physical chemical body function.
    steroid addiction also undermines the bodys natural immunological response & long term use can result in the thyroid shutting down.
    basic medical use of steroids for life saving treatment as a general rule creates massive fluid retention
    though this is not addiction use
    this is medical use to save someones life
    there is a certain amount of fluid retention that happens with steroids

my question is specific to people addicted to steroids who use them for muscle building originally & then become addicted.

an occupational psychologist would read this fact like a bright neon light inside my original post as a probable model of cause & effect.

steroid addiction is not seen as an issue the same as opioids because it does not have such a high immediacy of fatal outcome

that south African para sprinter who shot his girlfriend
    i think he was addicted to pain killers & steroids & was in a drug induced level of normalized day to day psychosis while on top of massive anger management issues and various un treated issues.
    he was probably living on steroids, pain killers & sleeping pills
    with some massive deep psychological problems underneath
    but i would easily attribute the victims death to be a symptomatic effect of steroid addiction & combined psychosis.
    that is my personal opinion to use a real world example for someone like yourself who has no real ground work reading on that subject
    (which is quite a large subject with many in-depth concepts attached)

my area of interest & debate is around the addiction of steroids by ordinary people as an emotional self medication in combined CBT like environment variables, specifically related to the behavioral physical interactive process and how that relates to the addiction process in humans emotional minds & social behavior processes & emotional coping & mentality in general as an emotional personality model/frame work.

noting your question style (to my casual reading perception)lends to a mode of overtly implied compliant force
    however i am putting that down to cultural style & personal style
    observers perception of implied power dynamics quite often dictates common interaction levels.
    in theory it should not detract from intellectuals discussing the issue.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

example
    your question has a forgone conclusion
    you already have decided the answer
    and the answer
    regardless of what it is
    has no baring on the intent of your question

so the intention of your question is the question
    not the answer
    because you already think you know what the answer is
    and what value of substance you place on that

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

You're talking about Oscar Pistorius. If what you say is true, then why didn't the defence team in his murder trial lead any evidence of that?

Where do you get this stuff? Do you just make it up?

That's not what the court found.

9. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

The word probably in post text does hint at speculation (guess) or yes even made up

I do infrequently make guesses if asked, about symptoms for friends but rider SEE A DOCTOR

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

thats a good question
    has this subject already been discussed in the boards ?

what your doing is asking me a question of my opinion about something that is an opinion of a process
    the process being the legal defense & quality of lawyer he had & his mental state & ability to control his own counsel

thats quite in-depth to deliver a concise simple answer to something that appears to be delivered in a little bit of a hyper-bowl manner.

forgon conclusion
    what courts define as some type of observer interpretation is a perceptive concept around how the outcome has been delivered by the judge
    what the facts are or are not is not the same as the outcome
    many judges seek to deliver something that is possible

im not sure what level of modern scientific ability of the court he was in to deliver outcomes

keeping in mind its his behaviors that i was referring to
    not the court verdict

court verdicts do not define the psychological situation or any of the process, cause or relationships.
    so effectively the court verdict is irrelevant to the psychological study of the situation

loops inside loops
    feeding what ?

have you done any reading on steroid since ?

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/article/S0025-6196(11)61160-9/pdf

throwing this in for anyone mildly interested

Mayo Clin Proc. • October 2006;81(10):1361-1367

probably time the govt donated a few million to a new study
    (i call it a donation for American readers, when in reality its an investment in harm reduction & public health outcomes long term)
    specially given the wide spread use of anti anxiety meds & herbal steroids in dietary consumer products

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

RainbowSingularity:

Oscar Pistorius did not have his lawyers argue in court that he had diminished responsibility due to an addiction to steroids, or due to "combined psychosis". He did not argue that he was not guilty on account of any kind of insanity.

Nor did the prosecutors allege that he was addicted to steroids, pain killers or sleeping pills, or that he was insane.

Admit it: you just made all that stuff up.

12. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

your banging your tambourine & asking everyone else to sing a different song because they sound off

oscar pistorius trial details are not the centre of the thread subject
    or his in court defense strategy & style
    or what he did or did not say in court.

your narrowing the margin of the conversation into a pre determined outcome you think is already established to service your need to assert control to be right
    as an act of superiority
    thus you are turning the discussion into a one line-er situation where everyone must simply agree or throw out a virtue signal statement by using unrelated concepts of fact to suppress the nature of the opinion for the behaviors.

you think just framing the word "no" in different aspects and yelling it louder & louder with different subject headings & nouns on it make it comprehensive.
    it doesn't.

your consciously & subconsciously driving the thread into death.

passive aggressive bullying because your seeking some type of punitive injury to service something

thats quite obvious.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

If you "sound off" with untruths, or guesswork that is contradicted by actual records, then I'm allowed to bang my tambourine to correct your falsehoods.

Rather than getting all irate at me when I point out that what you posted about the Pistorius case is rubbish, you'd do better to admit that you didn't previously know what you were talking about. You could thank me for providing the correct information.

Remember, it was you who first mentioned his case in this thread, not me.

If you're willing to admit you didn't know what you were talking about, I'm happy to leave it and move on.

You shouldn't go around making unfounded accusations about people being addicted to steroids, or having a "combined psychosis", when there's no evidence for either of those conclusions.

I simply corrected your errors of fact, and your false assumptions.

If you want to call that "asserting control", go right ahead. I'm not sure why you believe people shouldn't be allowed to refute nonsense that you post.
    Facts are superior to made-up fantasies. I'm sorry if that offends you.

Thanks for telling me what I think, RainbowSingularity. Your feedback is noted.

Mostly, you seem to be trying to run some conspiracy theories up a flagpole.

If your thread dies, it won't be my fault.

Er... what?

Are you trying to do some amateur psychoanalysis on me, now, as well?

14. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

lol
    your recent power struggle with bells in the trial thread & being called out by another member as a bit of a bully
    im not taking sides
    im just calling it as you post it in here

and the subject is behaviours

behaviors do not get defined by court rulings
    or published legal strategy
    thats all bullshit when you break everything down to the pure behaviors

i appreciate your diligence in posting(& asking questions), its very good

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

i could wax on various aspects to suggest why you might have bias towards the pistorius case to seek to try & validate some type of re-factualisation of its legal court rulings
    but
    you may have missed my key point
    i was stating my opinion of the psychology
    not the court ruling

its like manslaughter or 2nd degree homicide when the person attacking the other person
    in reality
    did not care for the health & safety of the person they are attacking

the court ruling defines they are not held as accountable if the person suffers injury or death
    more than had they intended to kill them
    meanwhile they had no care for the persons welfare before or during the attack
    which renders the crime of abandonment of the care to duty(having flash backs to a recent debate i had with a manager about duty of care of staff & after i had time to have a think to myself i think the manager does not know the legislation[such is life, they are my senior & hold at their pleasure my employment so im not going to get into any real debate with them]) for necessities of life
    to the person they have chosen to attack

behaviour
    versus
    court rulings & laws etc

what is a fact ?
    the behaviour ?
    the motivation ?
    or the outcome of the attack/incident/accident ?

does one single act over rule the nature of the factual grounds of the other events ?
    you may need to read the above sentence slowly to process it slowly, to comprehend the dynamics of the complex variables.
    these aspects of realism can be quite inception movie like
    that is a lot of the nature of complex human emotional realities in all their functions & dysfunctions

[some readers doubt my sincerity but i am not interested in pursuing that avenue of their own bias, they can start a thread on that subject]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  15. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

side note if your reading in that direction
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/02/oscar-pistorius-suicide-risk-psychologist

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-36514807

https://abcnews.go.com/Internationa...-report-impact-murder-trial/story?id=24343846

my personal opinion is he suffered from some type of psychiatric disorder
    on top of that behavioural disorders
    & on top of that drug induced behaviour
    combined effect was rage attacks in the process of paranoia & probable hallucinations

regardless of what the court ruling was
    i would suppose that he intended to kill his girlfriend
    but may have not been aware who she was
    and/or been in a state where his mental faculty was soo impaired that any other type of delusion would be possible.

does that detract from any sentence he should get ?
    thats a completely different debate
    the court ruling is a fact
    but it does not define the mental condition or behaviors of the people involved

FYI
    running down that rabbit hole
    one must be capable of clearly defining the difference between anger management
    rage
    misogyny
    mother complexes
    sexual developmental disorders
    & various other things

my thread subject is behaviours
    not court rulings & legal specifics of laws & court systems

winding this in a bit
    my interest area is sitting inside the aspect of
    hallucinations
    because it is the behaviours of the effects of steroids as a specific current topic(not limiting the thread discussion but outlining my point) i was wanting to discuss

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Just quickly, because I don't have time to respond in full right now...

Oscar Pistorius was, in his original trial, in 2014, found guilty of "culpable homicide", defined as "the unlawful negligent killing of a human being".

The Supreme Court of Appeal upheld an appear in 2015, upgrading the conviction to murder, finding that the lower court did not correctly apply the rule of dolus eventualis, and also that Pistorius was not justified in claiming that he thought his own life was in danger.

Pistorius applied in 2016 to appeal to the Constitutional Court. His application was refused. He is further appealing rulings regarding his sentence.

17. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

behaviors . . .
    personality frame work's
    habituated functionality's (templates[associations])
    etc . . . (not criminal court cases)

question(rephrased to illustrate the area i was intending to open for discussion)

does steroid addiction have a clearly identifiable emotional frame work that drives a set of potential known variables to deliver functional similarities in set situations & events as a driving force to signify the addictive process inside the persons generally specific psychological 'issue' ?

18. foghorn Valued Senior Member

I watched a guy consecutive posting like nuts on ''The Post Whatever Thread'' and wondered WTF is he on.
    The bulk (not all, I give him that) of the posts seem as if a child has found an outlet for their ramblings ?
    Any ideas for that kind of manic consecutive posting behaviour?

19. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

lol
    your funny
    i decided yesterday to ignore your obvious attempted trolling of my posts.
    but here you are today
    doubling down seeking my attention
    and all loaded on your Ego
    in the desire to assert your form of control over something you don't understand and so fear
    and so must seek to smash into compliance.

that desire of yours to play with people as you hurt them, while you claim they are hurting themselves & you are just pointing out what they are doing...

you think you can control others by being emotionally shallow as you play with their feelings
    thats sadistic
    its quite an obvious streak in your personality
    quite dominant.

when is the last time someone gave you a hug who was not being paid to do so or in fear of their life job or abuse from you ?

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/the-post-whatever-thread.160989/page-85#post-3664421

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/the-post-whatever-thread.160989/page-86#post-3664485

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/the-post-whatever-thread.160989/page-86#post-3664585

sad & pathetic

you thought you could use colours to mock me in some symbolic gesture of homophobic references
    but then you lost control of your own game & realized you could not keep up
    very sad
    now you have followed me into this thread to try and have another go
    like a narcissist bent on revenge for not being able to inflict their sadistic will on something

very sad and very pathetic

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Sorry. I had to go off and do other things earlier, so I'm just catching up now.

Possibly. There's the "generalised anxiety" thing you mentioned. The depression only started after the shooting, after he was arrested and charged with murder.

No evidence was led of "behavioural disorders", if you don't count some evidence that was led about Pistorius's coercive control over girlfriends (evidence that was not found to be significant by the court).

You keep alleging "drug induced behaviour" and even steroid use. What is the evidence you are relying on for that? No such evidence was led in the trial, to my knowledge.

Then you allege a "combined effect". To my knowledge, no expert evidence was led in the trial about any "combined effect" of "behavioural disorders and drug induced behaviour". What are you relying on? Your own guesswork, it sounds like.

There was some evidence of paranoia, described as "generalised anxiety".

I am not aware of any evidence of hallucinations being led. What are you relying on? Or are you just making it up, again?

All the courts disagreed with your supposition - most particularly in the initial trial, which was most concerned with the facts of the case.

He wasn't aware of who his girlfriend was?

Surely you don't mean that. What do you mean?

You think he "may have been" in an "impaired" mental state. Why? What evidence are you basing that on?

Yes. There have been multiple appeals on the matter of sentencing. It seems those are ongoing.

I have posted the relevant court rulings above.

The initial trial judge stated clearly what she believed his mental condition and behaviours were, in her final judgment.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, there.

Okay, but you brought up the Pistorius case and then made a whole lot of assumptions about that, which appear to be based on nothing other than your own imagination.

You started off badly, by making a whole lot assumptions about some guy you saw from a distance. Then you made a whole lot of assumptions about Oscar Pistorius.

If you're interested in having an evidence-based discussion of the effects of steroids on behaviour, that might be more useful.

21. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

this is one of your most common sentences
    inside a thread about psychology
    yet you dont know anything about steroid addiction or that it is an issue

its hard to not align your posts as being deliberately trolling

did you do any reading on steroid addiction & addictive behaviors ?

is foghorn your alt ?

22. foghorn Valued Senior Member

Lol, you kill me.

I never even knew you were gay, the rest of that post is just you wrapped up in your own head. Get out more.

I'm Wallace, he's Gromit.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    exchemist likes this.
  23. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

so thats a yes on all counts
    as i suspected

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.