Africa, India and Australia - One continent

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by geek, Jan 21, 2016.

1. geek Registered Member

When was that time, when India and Australia Split from Africa, swam the Oceans to what it is, now.

Madagascar and India swam along together. India hit the asian continent .The torque n fury of mother earth gave rise to the highest peak on the earth's surface : Mt. Everest on The Himalayas (abode of Snow).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Almost all mountains are from plate tectonics (a few are from volcanic hotspots). My understanding is that plate tectonics are not due to torque from the earth it is from the convection fo the material in the mantle.

Edont Knoff and brucep like this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

You may already know that the point on the Earth's surface which is furthest from the earth's centre is not mt Everest but mt Chimborazo, a mountain in the Ecuadorian Andes. It is only 6,300m above sea level but, because it lies part way up into the equatorial bulge, the top of Chimborazo is 2,150m further from Earth's centre than the summit of mt Everest.

http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2012-06-04/mount-chimborazo-volcano-ecuador-maphead-ken-jennings

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
    Xelasnave.1947, origin and brucep like this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. brucep Valued Senior Member

Your analogy is entertaining. So I'm not going to expect it to be literal. Should lead to a discussion about what really happened.

8. timojin Valued Senior Member

How come there are no gorilla and chimps in South America ?

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Because apes split from monkeys approximately 25 million years ago which was long after the Atlantic ocean opened up between the Americas and Africa.

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

The New World Monkeys comprise a single superfamily: Ceboidea. They are distinguished by flat noses with sideways-facing nostrils. They are also the only primates with prehensile tails. The pygmy marmoset is the smallest living primate, weighing less than half a pound.

The New World monkeys split off from the Old World monkeys about 40 million years ago. As you noted, it was Hominoidea, the apes, who split off from the Old World monkeys 25 MYA.

11. geek Registered Member

12. geek Registered Member

Ok, have a look at this :
    This is Theaiyyam, a folk dance whose ancientness no one knows.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But modern science tells us, its Triassic, 200 million years old.
    Because this ancient folk dance is still existant in Africa, South India and Australia alike.
    And they had split up way , way back...

Is that it ?

Or was there some ancient strips of land connecting Africa, India and Australia, and completely vanished into the ocean, recently?

13. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Correct.
    My understanding is this folk dance is only performed in India.
    Yes the continents split up millions of years before man existed. It was millions of years before any primates even existed.
    No it was nothing like that. Modern man begain migrating out of Africa about 200,000 years ago and had populated Asia by about 100,000 years ago.

14. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

You must have misread that. The first species to separate from the chimpanzee genetic line was Ardipithecus, which arose only seven million years ago.

There were no mammals even remotely similar to humans 200MYA. In fact, there were no apes of any type at all!
    You have misread or misinterpreted your sources. As I noted above, the first hominoid ape with distinctly human characteristics evolved only 7MYA. These obvious anatomical changes made full-time bipedal walking easy (four of the toes were shaped like ours, suitable for flat-footed walking) and made climbing trees a little more difficult (only the hallux or "big toe" retained the ability to grasp a tree branch.)

Our own species, H. sapiens, evolved just about 200KYA. Of course ancestral species such as H. neanderthalensis, ergaster, etc., migrated into various regions of Eurasia. But our own species did not make its first successful migration out of Africa until about 60KYA. Many anthropologists correlate this with the invention of the technology of spoken language. Around 70KYA we find bountiful evidence of complex coordinated activities that could not possibly have been performed by people who had to use at least one hand to communicate.

60KYA is when we see evidence of members of the San tribe (who, at that time, lived in northeastern Africa, but the desertification of the Sahara pushed everybody south and now they live in the southeast) making a successful crossing of the Red Sea into southeastern Asia. Since this was an ice age, sea levels were low. So crossing the much narrower, shallower Red Sea in boats built with Paleolithic technology was a lot easier than it would be today.

DNA of modern humans traces their migratory route rather precisely. It turns out that because of the ice age, there wasn't much food in Asia either, so most of them continued their trek and wound up in Australia, which, due to the vagaries of weather, was a paradise. (Again, the narrower sea lanes made the voyage in primitive boats possible.) But a few settled along the southern coast of Asia, and we find San DNA scattered throughout that region. The Native Australians have pure San DNA--although it's been contaminated with DNA from Polynesia, which was populated much later, and of course modern European DNA.

15. geek Registered Member

to orgin you've got it all wrong, absolutely. It cannnot be 200 million years old.

No way.
    South India is all Africa. Intact.

What evidence you or any scientific community need, ask.

I will give it to you .

16. timojin Valued Senior Member

How old is the Neanderthal man or Heidelberg man ?

17. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

They lived about 200,000 to 30,000 years ago.
    They lived about 700,000 to 150,000 years ago

18. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Really? It can't be? The indian plate begain it's trek to Asia about 140 million years ago

Huh? India is not Africa. India and Africa are not intact - they are separate.

Here are a couple of pieces of evidence for the timing I gave:
    The current speed of the indian plate.
    The dating of the magma from the sea floor spreading from the divergent zone to india.

Do you have evidence to the contrary? When do you think the indian plate separated from the african plate?

19. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I agree with you, I was mistaken in my timeline on the migration out of Africa.

Ophiolite likes this.
  20. geek Registered Member

Huh? India is not Africa. India and Africa are not intact - they are separate.

Do you have evidence to the contrary? When do you think the indian plate separated from the african plate?[/QUOTE]

South India (not North India) is all Africa, separate but Intact, today, they way, when they were one.

Nothin has changed ever.............
    How many specimens you need, not one a thousand. You name what you like to have. The exact land.

21. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I have no idea what you are talking about.
    That is an absurd statement.
    I guess we are dealing with language issues here. I haven't the slightest idea what you are trying to say

22. geek Registered Member

timojin, Jan 28, 2016 : How old is the Neanderthal man or Heidelberg man ?
    origin, Jan 28, 2016 : the Neanderthal man ?:They lived about 200,000 to 30,000 years AGO.
    or Heidelberg man ? They lived about 700,000 to 150,000 years AGO

AGO, means non existent now. eliminated, extinct and GONE.
    To mordern science cant Exist now.

Andaman and Nicobar Islands is oceanated: Surrounded by Ocean, As far as modern science can think of.
    Andaman and Nicobar Islands is Just 1353 kms from Indian Land.

Isolated, preserved and Intact.

Prove their drift, timings from 150.000 years of Platetectonics. From Africa, then asia and then India.

Prove.

23. exchemist Valued Senior Member

You don't "prove" things in science. You make observations and develop models that account for these observations.

You seem to be disagreeing with something someone here has said. What is it you disagree with and why?