aim lingo

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by evilmonkey13, May 31, 2004.

1. evilmonkey13 Registered Member

I understand that it's ok to use a little im lingo, but why do so many people do every sentece with? Because they think they're cool? Because they are too lazy? what ever the reason is tell me

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EvilSquirrel Interesting Infidel Registered Senior Member

-Waves frantically- Hello.

Aheam Anyway....I think it depends on the person actually. I mean if they are lazy they will use abbrevations. Or if they are ditsy and don't know what you're saying they will put lol after every sentence. I mean its ok to use it once in a while or if they actaulyl say something funny...But not as a responce when you don't know what else to say.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Blazin_billy Registered Senior Member

its quicker to type lol then type I am laughing out loud.

It's just more convinent. Why use conjuctions?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EvilSquirrel Interesting Infidel Registered Senior Member

Well I don't think you'd actually put 'I am laughing outloud' so you wouldn't nessarily be typing out that sentence. but I do agree that it is easier to use abrevations.

8. evilmonkey13 Registered Member

Im not talking about little things like that, i don't care about lol, and stuff like that but like hate this sentece: Omfg i hate skool, do u....things like that

9. EvilSquirrel Interesting Infidel Registered Senior Member

Ah, I think thats just plain out ditsy. Its from a lack of vocabulary and orginal ideas. We all know schools suck. Yet we all manage to get through it day after stinking day. Now don't we? [Retorical, do not respond to that]

10. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

LOLLZZZ!!! dude...datz mad whackz and shitzz..dats TOTALLSS Haxx0333rsss

Fucking hate that way of speech. If you are dying to prove you're a nimrod of the highest proportions then do so with face to face proof of your lack of personality....don't clutter online conversations with this bullshit.

11. EvilSquirrel Interesting Infidel Registered Senior Member

Thank-you. Atleast not everybody not lacking some common sense. Ok4y I 3nj0y my h4x0r as much as the next person but.....I don't go around trying to showoff that I know it. I mean god damn....All these people are doing it and it just shows your lacking your own indivdualness [like my word?]. You're just copycating people just becuase they're using it. Why would you look up to such half-wits anyway?

12. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Example...a REAL converation that took place between me and another individual on AIM.

Individual: hey do u oe da site dat has all da diffn celbs
    Individual: nd theri voices sayn diffn
    Individual: wrds nd stuff
    ME: ok first of all type english
    Individual: sure
    Individual: but do you no
    ME: i have no idea what hell you just typed

Baffling isn't it!

13. EvilSquirrel Interesting Infidel Registered Senior Member

Wow, you know some bigger idiots then I do! Thats surprizing. The idiots that I know seem to flock to me, always asking me questions...It gets quite annoying after a while, doesn't it?

14. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Yes it does but thankfully for me it isn't a problem. I do not converse with anyone on a regular basis that types like that. My consistent AIM conversers are highly intelligible and English prone.

15. EvilSquirrel Interesting Infidel Registered Senior Member

Ah I wish I could say the same. People around my age do not care about spelling correctly or using grammar. I can't blame them. But I mean have some dignity atleast. Show that your parent's taxes aren't being wasted. I sort to have to converse with them..Considering I have the biggest idiot as a stalker. One day I swear shes going to rape me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

IdiotMagnet (er, EvilSquirrel),

At first I thought this was a foreign-language thread.

I have no idea what most of those contractions mean. I have to stop and think every time I see "lol". So I hope you can get your own personal entourage of idiots to stop doing it, at least.

Personally, I think so slowly that I have no problem typing out everything in full.
    (Also, I'm so old I don't remember whether school sucked or not, so have mercy.)

17. EvilSquirrel Interesting Infidel Registered Senior Member

Ah! Thats actually very enlightening to hear. -sighs- Sorry to say I might not get through to my idiots. Mainly becuase when I get mad at them I beat them with sticks. Hum diddy dum...[Trust me when I Say it BITES big time]

18. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

"My consistent AIM conversers are highly intelligible and English prone."

pfftt

19. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

What is AIM anyway?

20. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Using a small subset of abbreviations like that really limits one's vocabulary. The conversations that take place in that medium are the electronic equivalent of:

Hey dude, 'sup? I was like no way and she was like okay and then he was like omigod.

It's like foreigners who only know a few words of the language, so they can't say much.

21. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

aol instant messager

22. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

Wow. You're quick on the draw.

23. EvilSquirrel Interesting Infidel Registered Senior Member

Oosh sorry I'm back. Been running through different threads. And I somewhat agree with you Fraggle Rocker.