ALERT: Water polluted with drugs around the world!

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by TruthSeeker, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

I have a complete volume of shakespeare with one typo. It drives me nuts...:bugeye:

It is really sad, though. No one seems to care that much about the environment anymore.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xev Registered Senior Member

Nelson:
    I believe Q has offered to 'get lost' once you stopped filling the science forums with your pseudoscientific mush.

I will 'get lost' as well once you stop filling the science forums with you inane and irrelevent hate of America.

Fair?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Tyler,

I know how do you speak... that's enough...

Lesion42,

Yes...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I talk, and talk, and talk... and anyone wants to listen what's true... people don't accept easily this kind of thing...

Love,
    Nelson

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Firstly, as I've said previously TS, if your going to start a thread, write an introduction PLEASE!, rather than just a bunch of links.

As for water being drugged, It's been known for many years that the average sewer rat has been increasing in size and varociousness. In truth, any drugs pumped into the sewers is usually after it's passed through humans or through "Waste Disposal". In fact there is even the point that certain hormones produced by men and women can have catalysing effect on the water systems.

To put it bluntly, Ladies having that time of the month contribute to rat size.

When looking at water treatment, there have been steps to try and remove bacteria, which does mean that alot of chemicals are used within the process of cleaning water. This water is then pumped through holding areas to "Settle", before eventually being piped to houses or pumped into reservoirs.

The only other way that drugs end up into the water system would be through junkies flushing their stash or from chemical concotions created from fertilizers and the like.

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Stryderunknown,

Yeah... I should have done this...

There's much illegal dumping and such thing going on... I've heard that many industries illegally throw out chemical waste in rivers and such thing...

Love,
    Nelson

9. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"know how do you speak... that's enough..."

Oh? In that case I have full right to consider you the least intelligent human being ever. You can't learn grammar or spelling (I met a man from Bangladesh who learned English fully in 8 months, though he still had an accent of course), you don't understand the most basic logic, you seem to think that every other human being is wrong and you are the supreme truth.... It goes on and on.

10. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

There's much illegal dumping and such thing going on... I've heard that many industries illegally throw out chemical waste in rivers and such thing...

You've "heard." That means absolutely nothing. You have zero evidence. Stop polluting this forum with made up nonsense.

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

(Q),

I prefer to believe in what someone says (which is full of emotions and easily to prove it) then to believe in a bunch of numbers that actually means nothing at all... Believe in the number statitics gives to you is worse then believe in what someone is saying... :bugeye:

12. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Hitler was a pretty good guy.

Someone said that to me the other day.

Statistics would say otherwise...

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Use common sense... :bugeye:
    Besides that, how do you know the statistics are right?

14. Tyler Registered Senior Member

I can't believe how ignorant you are. So if someone comes up and tells you some random fact that seems like it could be true, you believe them?

You will never be a scientist. That is the opposite mentality of a scientist.

'Besides, how do you know the statistics are right?'
    Besides, how do you know what this person is saying is right?

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Emotions, body language... The information passed through words is only about 10% of the communication...

And the statistics...?

16. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Whether they believe what they are saying is true or not is not what is at debate, idiot.

For instance, if someone EXTREMELY sincerely (such as myself) looked at you and said; 'I have spent my life searching within myself and others and discovered there is no God'

would you believe them?

17. Tyler Registered Senior Member

As for statistics. I usually look for 3 sources. If 3 DIFFERENT sources say the same thing and are scientifically done, I take it as truth.

18. Xev Registered Senior Member

Nelson:
    That is so utterly unscientific. Statistics mean nothing? Statistics are data....are you saying that data means nothing?

Now, since you have no understanding of science, kindly do not post in science.

You look at how they were gathered. This takes an understanding of math and methodology. You look at how well they agree with other statistics, gathered in a valid way.

Now, you do not understand science - do not post in it unless you are willing to learn.

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

If one looks to one's Heart... such thing will never be said...
    If you look to your mind, it will certainly say the opposite.
    My mind still say there's no god but my Heart still say there's...

Xev,

Why do you believe in numbers? What makes those numbers more credible then people's opinion?

I have understanding in science... do you know that science is taught at school? :bugeye:

Love,
    Nelson

20. Xev Registered Senior Member

Nelson:
    My 'heart' says differently.

An opinion is merely an opinion - statistics are more than numbers, they are data.

Data is more reliable than opinion because

A: It is true - an opinion might be false.
    B: Opinions change all the time - data, a form of truth, does not.

False data does, of course. In any case, opinions are much more likely to be wrong.

But you do not follow the methodology.

Very poorly, yes.

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Xev,

That's your mind...

A person's experience is data too...

Besides that, saying how many people lost their lifes in a war is nothing compared to listen from someone that WAS in the war. In this sense, statistcs have a certain lack...

You can now when someone is saying the truth or not... it's not hard. If the person is sweating, the expressions and the body movement... all those things are indications. Numbers are a convenience though...

In that you are right... I might follow it though as soon as I get some evidence... and statistics...

Yeah I know... I finished by learning more with books. They should teach Philosophy at school... :bugeye:

Love,
    Nelson

22. Xev Registered Senior Member

Nelson:
    Nope, it's my heart. At least, what you mean by 'heart' - not my actual heart which says

Gla glump
    Gla glump
    Gla glump
    Gla glump

Yes it is, but an opinion is not data in the way that you are using it. Statistics are much more usefull precisely because they are not emotional.

A person can 'cheat' with body language. For instance, a woman can flirt with a man she has utterly no interest in and convince him. (That's 'cause y'all men are stupid that way - hehehe - STOP IT!)

Then why post in 'science' if you don't follow the methodology of science? All you manage to do is annoy Q, Tyler and everybody else because we expect you to use the methodology - and you don't!

Yes they should!

23. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Xev,

Do you actually understand what I mean by Heart...?

Believe in statistcs is not very different then believe in people's opinions... if you doubt, why don't you go there and see it by yourself?

I said:
    Go there and see by yourself instead of believing in statistcs...

Statistics can be twisted easily... but when you see it by yourself...

Unless you are a very good actor. Mainly because there are reactions that you can't control nor imitate like trembling, for example.

Instead of using evidences I use reasoning, comparisons and philosophy. If I want evidence I will have to do my own experiments, what's not very easy with what I'm trying to prove here... :bugeye:

Love,
    Nelson