Aliens on earth

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Sky, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Sky Registered Senior Member

Well ,

What if the aliens show up one day , start fighting for our resources , i would love to see that day , i am guessing on that day , only , love and peace we always dream and sing about will be on earth , no man will hate another for a different religion or color , we will all be one hand , i guess it will be a great period to live .

Any imaginations of the scene ??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

People at first, will be shocked and astounded, a fair number will be scared shitless and then, after a few days or weeks, they'll get used to it and carry on as normal. There will also be a number of people who will try to side with the aliens for their own benefit.

There will not be love and peace, there will be opportunism... sorry to shatter your dream.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

you watch too much tv man.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

Why are aliens always considered nice, peaceful and overly reasonable? They can be assholes like those from "Independence day" or "Mars attacks!"...

8. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

Personally, I feel that most people will react with the standard xenophobia with which they meet anything else they don't understand - like the French...

And as an afterthought - "The best sign that intelligent life is out there is that none of it has tried to contact us" ~ Bill Watterson

9. hypatia Registered Senior Member

Bah. I'd bet that aliens exist, but I'd also bet that any of the ones close enough for a chance of communication are probably the equivalent of single-celled organisms. After all, that's what life on Earth was for the first three billion years.

10. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

Nice to see some optimism...
    Then again, if all intelligent life is as violent and xenophobic as we as a species are, it might be a good thing.

11. My Sexy Blue Feet Out sunbaking, leave a msg... Registered Senior Member

hell, they could be out there and think of us as far to inferior to risk checking out. After all, what could we offer them? We don't have time travel, poor space travel methods ect. and that's providing that we're even on traveling on their demontion

12. duendy Registered Senior Member

((Sky))) so you imagine our only hope of gettin togther as a world ccommunity is if aliens become THe enemy?

well, that idea is shared by covert government. i remember reading several articles about this. ie., that authorities always need to create an 'enemy' for social control...eg., the 'Devil'...'Commie' 'Terrorist'''?'...and that the 'final' one will be 'aliens'....fabricated by secret means from covert government

whether it is tru or possible of not is not the point i'm making. i feel that when even an 'other' is created as scapegoat, THAt is the dominator's mindset in action. the manipulative mindset. i am sure 'aliens' generally are much more civilized than that mindset which wishes to manipulate for its own profit

13. My Sexy Blue Feet Out sunbaking, leave a msg... Registered Senior Member

Cool skill, you have issues.

Amusing ones though.

Thankyou Dreamwalker......Ladies, Gentlemen and guests.....i'm back.

I think everyone would look at America with the whole "hey, you reckon you're so tough, prove it" look, and when the USA failed, depending on the amount of aggression shown by the aliens, we'd probably forget our racism for a lil while and gang up against them...but what the plan is, i dunno.

14. vslayer Registered Senior Member

the american s would only fight them beacuase they want exclusive rights to stealing all the planets resources

15. Insanely Elite Questions reality. Registered Senior Member

President Reagan said essentially the same thing.

Basically that we would forget our differences if a threat outside our planet appeared.

Well, they probably are already here, and we are all more that likely allbeit unwittingly working for them.

16. Visited Registered Member

they're not here to threaten but to mutually give and take; the paranoia is ours-not theirs. They seem to want to mate with us in some way, probably to help us evolve and enrich our species; if we are evolved, we can then welcome them as part of our family

17. Q25 Registered Senior Member

why?
    I would imagine they would have all the resourses/energy they need otherwise they wouldnt be able to travel bazillion light years thru space

18. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Who's to say that aliens won't eat YOU? They might see humans as game, &/or a culinary delicacy, just as many humans still see dolphins...

Their sense of ethics may not preclude killing less intelligent or less advanced creatures for sport. I mean, ours certainly doesn't.

And if a more advanced race did turn up, the chances are they would be SO far beyond us that we couldn't hope to resist them in any way. Just a million years or so difference in age between our civilizations would ensure this - and, with a race from another planetary system, the odds of our evolutionary timescales coinciding even that approximately are fairly remote.

Of course, it's also possible that other races have advanced much slower than us: that we are rapidly catching up with them, even if they have had industry and space flight for thousands of centuries already... This is a little to conceited and convenient to be taken seriously, however.

Exactly. Since they, as accomplished spacefarers, would have access to the mineral resources of countless planets and asteroids - most of which are devoid of life or native intelligence - why should they want to mine or exploit a living planet like Earth? Looking at the planetary systems we've discovered so far, natural biospheres as rich as ours must be rare. An interstellar civilisation could afford to treat such planets as nature reserves, or new living spaces - but not as balls of raw material to be strip-mined and devastated.

19. Erring Flatley Erring Flatley Registered Senior Member

Aliens will never visit Earth. It is far too far between solar systems for anyone to travel here. But! Eons ago a telemetry controlled computerized satalite arived here and has been controlling the evolution of Earth and its animals ever since. Their machine is powerful enough to control earthquakes and fine enough to control the transmission of signals through electronics and even to control the impulses carried by neurons. It is running earth and most people on Earth choose to find and obey a connection to this machine and quietly play slave-spy for it than to be honest and forthright to others. It is creating the wars, big and small on Earth, and people would rather fight one another than stand up against a machine they know is wrong. Most people would rather help destroy planet Earth than stand against it, even though it is driving many species into extinction and possibly even ourselves. Not untill we as a people unite as a people in peace in spite of them, will they lose control of planet Earth. We as individuals must take a stand to live free and responsibly rather than give in to the easy life of being a slave for them.

20. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

It's easy to blame alien influence for the evil in human nature!

Why does Erring Flatley's alien machine sabotage us in such subtle ways? If we are a potential enemy who must be kept down, why didn't it just stamp out our species as soon as we discovered fire?

21. Insanely Elite Questions reality. Registered Senior Member

I find it hilarious that ufomockers can ascribe rationales as to why a unkown alien race would or would not do anything. It is to far to travel? Einstein said that if we had a big enough telescope and could see far enough we fould look at the back of our heads. A newer theory shows how space could be bent for space travel.

There is enough evidence that ufo's and aliens exist. Today, a required manual for fire fighters includes what to do in event of a crashed ufo. Ancient cave markings,Dark age wood cuttings,Medieval tapastries and Renasciance paintings all clearly show what we describe as ufo's. Not to mention India's ancient Veda's, and even the Bibles wheel within a wheel. Besides the USAF official report of unexpainable events. Who knows about motivations? The world gov'ts are clearly hiding something.

If one has to infer on motivations, then clearly world peace isn't it.
    And don't think any standing forces could possibly affect such a race militarily. The US has the most powerful armed forces in the world and we can't stop a terrorist, or secure our borders.

22. vslayer Registered Senior Member

our governments ?????

its your american government thats doing it, we only get like 300m/year for all of our military.

how could my government possibly create a machine to abduct ond torture people. its the americans.
    they are using the disguise of "alien" ships to abduct anyone who questons them, and torture the hell out of them, then the people for fear of death by americans, says that it was aliens until the day they die

23. Norman Atta Boy Registered Senior Member

No friendly intelligent alien space travelers would ever want to land here anyway. First their space ship would be impounded by the government, stripped down and torn apart for it's advanced technology and the aliens would be whisked away to parts unknown, endlessly interregated by the CIA, military and other government agencies, given hundreds of medical tests and finally hearded into some government holding cell to await some future fate. The bottom line is that the freindly aliens (if they're still alive) would not be able to go back to thier planet because their spaceship was torn apart by the government. They would be stuck here thanks to science........

Atta Boy